PDA

View Full Version : Low or High Carb Suppliment??

Radeon
08-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Im just getting into lifting weights, and have till now gone for the low carb option, but i keep hearing that carbs are good? My goal is just to put on muscle and drop fat. Ive been looking at some 50/50 protein/carb powders or high protein low carb, but cant find an answer as to which would get the results. If i stick to the low carbs will i fail to grow muscle?? What proportion should i be taking to drop fat and gain muscle?

cphafner
08-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Im just getting into lifting weights, and have till now gone for the low carb option, but i keep hearing that carbs are good? My goal is just to put on muscle and drop fat. Ive been looking at some 50/50 protein/carb powders or high protein low carb, but cant find an answer as to which would get the results. If i stick to the low carbs will i fail to grow muscle?? What proportion should i be taking to drop fat and gain muscle?

The newest article could help you.

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/to-bulk-or-to-cut-that-is-the-question-or-is-it/

Radeon
08-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks, that helped. I guess the idea is that i'll prob put on bulk until muscle mass starts using those extra calories then start to trim down? I also seem to be getting a hell of a lot of vitamin B12 in my diet, is that something i need to look at?