PDA

View Full Version : alcoholics anonymous

Jboy
08-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Anyone else here drink?

I'm battling with a hangover and can't eat a thing. All my hardwork is going to waste. What do you guys do after a night out on the drink to get you back on track?

I don't know if drinking is worth the guilt I'm feeling right now.

LuNa
08-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Anyone else here drink?

I'm battling with a hangover and can't eat a thing. All my hardwork is going to waste. What do you guys do after a night out on the drink to get you back on track?

I don't know if drinking is worth the guilt I'm feeling right now.

Also dealing with a hangover at the moment. The only thing i was happy about is that due to the fact that i have not been drinking for a bit of time, i got drunk after about 4-5 beers. So it is not that bad.

I always hate hangovers and when i have one i always swear off alcohol for a while. Pretty good on a cut. Just drink some water, try eating a bit and make up for it the coming week. It is one day, it is not that bad.

Jboy
08-16-2009, 01:14 AM
Also dealing with a hangover at the moment. The only thing i was happy about is that due to the fact that i have not been drinking for a bit of time, i got drunk after about 4-5 beers. So it is not that bad.

I always hate hangovers and when i have one i always swear off alcohol for a while. Pretty good on a cut. Just drink some water, try eating a bit and make up for it the coming week. It is one day, it is not that bad.

Yeah I don't drink as much as I used to it was getting stupid how badly I was treating my body. I've eaten a bit and kept up the fluids so I'm not really feeling too bad anymore. I just don't wanna lose the weight I've put on, it's hard for me to gain so every kg counts.

thanks for the response. Where abouts in sydney are you from?

Clifford Gillmore
08-16-2009, 01:21 AM
Sooo, we have some drunk Australians. I'm not surprised. I'm not surprised in the slightest.

I don't drink at all, its quite an easy choice for me to make.

*Opens 18th Tooheys Extra Dry*

Jboy
08-16-2009, 01:34 AM
haha not an easy choice for me, everyone around me is turning 21 and with that comes a bar tab. I love bar tabs.

J.C.
08-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Is the drinking age in Australia 21? I thought it was 18.

Realizing its just one day is important. A bit of alcohol on a Friday night is fine as long as you're not a competitive body-builder or anything. Drink water and eat lots of food. Get back to the workouts on Monday, don't let it be an excuse for a crappy week.

jp2
08-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Go out with your friends and drink/party and have fun. Getting drunk once every 2 or 3 weeks isn't gonna hurt anything. Just plan your workouts so your not working out the day after drinking.

And the best way to avoid a hangover the next day is drink a ton of water and gatorade (electrolytes) before bed and a couple of ibuprofens.

BFGUITAR
08-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Go out with your friends and drink/party and have fun. Getting drunk once every 2 or 3 weeks isn't gonna hurt anything. Just plan your workouts so your not working out the day after drinking.

And the best way to avoid a hangover the next day is drink a ton of water and gatorade (electrolytes) before bed and a couple of ibuprofens.

I agree. Drinking every 2-3 weeks isn't that bad. Always plan your workouts well. I have hit some very nice PRs with a massive hangover. Nothing 200mg caffeine and 8mg ephedrine can't cure!

I personally have no desire to drink. I only drink when my friends decide to go out and even then I don't go with them all the time (most of the time I don't). Try smoking weed... it fits a weightlifters goal more than any other drug. Definitely more than alcohol.

anonymous1
08-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Try smoking weed... it fits a weightlifters goal more than any other drug. Definitely more than alcohol.

Try not smoking weed, and vaporizing and/or eating it. I know it was just a word slippage on your part, but that's why I'm here to help.

BFGUITAR
08-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Try not smoking weed, and vaporizing and/or eating it. I know it was just a word slippage on your part, but that's why I'm here to help.

I think smoke is just the term used when describing the use of pot hah.

anonymous1
08-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Yeah it is, but it should end. I am doing my little part in this important movement of the safe use of marijuana. It should be seen as a legitimate sports supplement, but not if you're smoking it.

dxiw
08-16-2009, 03:55 PM
I agree. Drinking every 2-3 weeks isn't that bad. Always plan your workouts well. I have hit some very nice PRs with a massive hangover. Nothing 200mg caffeine and 8mg ephedrine can't cure!

I personally have no desire to drink. I only drink when my friends decide to go out and even then I don't go with them all the time (most of the time I don't). Try smoking weed... it fits a weightlifters goal more than any other drug. Definitely more than alcohol.

+1. It's like you seriously just read my mind.

PoundingPlates
08-18-2009, 11:29 AM
I definitely gotta cut back on the booze.:(

Mercuryblade
08-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Treat drinking like a cheat day.

I eat pretty perfect during the week and then one night a week I usually get hammered and eat some crappy food. I don't get wasted every single weekend, but it's almost every weekend.

I still have a good looking body, and my health is good, so I don't fret about it. Maybe I'm slowing my gains, but I also like getting hammered with my friends.

LuNa
08-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah I don't drink as much as I used to it was getting stupid how badly I was treating my body. I've eaten a bit and kept up the fluids so I'm not really feeling too bad anymore. I just don't wanna lose the weight I've put on, it's hard for me to gain so every kg counts.

thanks for the response. Where abouts in sydney are you from?

I am actually from The Netherlands but i am studying at Sydney Uni.

platypus
08-18-2009, 09:16 PM
I agree with the above. If you only do it once a week and you're not a competitive bodybuilder, no harm no foul. Not to mention, the munchies I get while drunk are more than enough to compensate for the lack of hunger I have during a hangover the next morning.

Joe Black
08-19-2009, 02:15 AM
I felt like this on Sunday because two of my friends had a joint hen and stag party and it started at midday and went through to 4am!

I HATE hangovers. Not only how they make me feel, but how lame I am for days afterwards on the work front and training front. So much so, that I really don't drink too much nowadays.

I agree with the rest... You gotta live your life and enjoy things otherwise it just isn;t worth it. Be aware of how much you are drinking.. If it;s 2 or 3 times a week, it IS going to affect your gains, if it;s once a week or even better once every two weeks, it's all good. As long as you are training hard and eating right consistently, it;s not going to mess with things too much.

As for when you have a hangover. I just drink a ton of water and try and get in the fresh air and moving about as juch as possible. Keep eating little bits to ensure you are eating too.

BFGUITAR
08-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Ive noticed though that if you really really care about your results you lose the desire to even touch alcohol.

AKMass
08-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Ive noticed though that if you really really care about your results you lose the desire to even touch alcohol.

QFT, I can't remember the last time I got drunk...And not because I was completely blacked out. :hello: