PDA

View Full Version : Box Squat NOT failure...

Virtron
08-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Hey guys... I'm back with the box squat... last week when i attempted the 215 there was no pad. I figured I should have the pad there because a couple inches before I hit the box I fell on it. Well, here it is...

Box Squatting 185x1
Jz_tlddYPw8

Box Squatting 205x1
aeeMY35fZgg

Box Squatting 215x1
kSgZDi2H4AQ

Box Squatting 220x1 (this one my spotter put his hands on my chest because he thought I was gonna fall.)
RX-LGLTdWt0

Let me know what you guys think... whats good whats bad and whats ugly?

BFGUITAR
08-16-2009, 06:58 PM
No need to have the box so far away. The walkout is quite energy intensive when using weight heavy for you.
Ill let the monsters critique the form.

Reko
08-16-2009, 07:14 PM
BF - it looks like he has the box that far becuase his stance is wider than the rack.

The thing I notices was it looks like you need to push your hips back farther at the start. You're keeping your knees pretty up and down on the lighter weight in the first vid but they start drifting forward more in the heavies ones. Also, it seems you are rocking pretty hard and getting far forward coming off the box. Really arch hard (by keeping/driving with your head if you ned a cue) and shove your knees out as hard as you can and push your hips forward underneath you. If you aren't quite sure, try this with just the bar, becase it may throw you back a little until you get used to it.

my 2 cents.

Edit - the above would really help you out of that sticking point on your 215 vid I think. It looks like you are keeping your knees out, which is good, but its hard to tell from the side angle.

Virtron
08-17-2009, 08:47 AM
BF - it looks like he has the box that far becuase his stance is wider than the rack.

The thing I notices was it looks like you need to push your hips back farther at the start. You're keeping your knees pretty up and down on the lighter weight in the first vid but they start drifting forward more in the heavies ones. Also, it seems you are rocking pretty hard and getting far forward coming off the box. Really arch hard (by keeping/driving with your head if you ned a cue) and shove your knees out as hard as you can and push your hips forward underneath you. If you aren't quite sure, try this with just the bar, becase it may throw you back a little until you get used to it.

my 2 cents.

Edit - the above would really help you out of that sticking point on your 215 vid I think. It looks like you are keeping your knees out, which is good, but its hard to tell from the side angle.

thanks a lot man. I'll practicing driving my head back.

SK123
08-19-2009, 02:29 AM
during the 220 lift ur posture goes bad. it will screw ur back. better watch it for injury