PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where to cut calories

greemah
08-18-2009, 04:18 AM
Hi there

I have attached my diet, which I've been on for a few weeks now (and a couple months before that with slight changes).

I'm trying to loose some fat right now while maintaining muscle, so I'm still lifting heavy and trying to keep up the protein.

I'm not sure where I can cut calories on that diet without loosing protein, can anyone help with this? I really want to keep the food simple so I don't have to spend a long time preparing things and without freezing/heating if possible.

Thanks

Beverly McD.
08-18-2009, 07:01 AM
:)Easy suggestions...
Switch to 100% whole grain bread. Use skim milk. Drop the crackers entirely.

Unreal
08-18-2009, 09:13 AM
Why is meat sauce 41g of carbs? Like ^^^^ said, drop crackers, and drop some of the bread or switch to a light/lower calorie bread.

malkore
08-18-2009, 10:25 AM
you're eating more carbs than protein...on a cut.

cut carbs, especially those crackers. i'd ditch the bread too.

and only 9g of fiber?? fix that any way you can. Fiber one cereal (the original, not the fancy flavors they make now). or look for high fiber wraps....I get these burrito tortilla/wraps that are 31g of carbs, but 20g of that is fiber, so only 11g net carbs.

jp2
08-18-2009, 10:35 AM
maybe do some chicken instead of the ground meat/beef?

Yeti Sandwich
08-18-2009, 12:02 PM
How does "meat sauce" have 0.0g protein??

Edit: Some suggestions to lower calories:

Use low-cal bread
Lower fat meat (ground round instead of ground beef)
Eat more egg whites and fewer yolks

greemah
08-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Sorry forgot to say - most of those are custom foods, so the bread already is wholegrain and the milk is skim milk.

Not sure why the sause has no protein, but I was reading the info on the back of the packet. It probably has a lot of carbs from the sugar.

I do have chicken instead of ground beef pretty often, but more beef as we get a lot for free from a farmer I know so it would be a huge waste of money not to take it.

Reealllyy not to keen on ditching those crackers as otherwise I'd be eating cottage cheese by itself with a spoon which would probably make me sick

I could ditch some of the bread, but I'd have to find something else I can have for lunch. Can anyone suggest anything that doesn't take ages to make or needs reheating? If it can be bought from the supermarket that would be easier