PDA

View Full Version : Bench Press Raw Competitor guideline for 1st Bench Shirt

Niko_El_Piko
08-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi there.
Ive been involved in weightlifting for almost all my life.
Ive competed in Powerlifting a while ago (more than 12 year ago), and once again the little bug inside of me is bothering to get into the nationals of Bench Press next december, at seniors (+41 yrs) category.
Ive attended a couple of tournaments, and EVERYBODY is using bench shirts.
Believe it or not, I havent even tried one in my 26 years of weightlifting.
Ive been training WSB for the last couple of months and my 1RM is 365 Lbs (again let me point out, RAW).
To be honest, I am pretty sure out of what Ive seen, that in my country (Uruguay, a very small country in South America between Brazil & Argentina) I can get a pretty decent top #3 to 5th position in the Senior +41 years, but to be honest, if I compete I want to win.
Besides that, i want to get OVER 440 Lbs (and be the 20th guy in the country to get that).
So, its time to get a shirt.
So, Ive been doing some research but to be honest, I am not sure if I would go for an entry level shirt (like an Inzer Rage or Rage X) or a more expirienced Katana shirt. What fabric? polyester or denim?
As you might see, I am quite lost here.

Thanks for your opinions. All the best!

Tom Mutaffis
08-19-2009, 04:03 PM
I think that a good place to start would be the federation that you are competing in. Which federation holds meets in Uruguay?

When it comes to brand of shirt many times that is personal preference, but Titan and Inzer seem to be the most popular.

Some of the more experienced powerlifters can give you better recommendations on a specific shirt but I would think that your goal of 440 lbs shirted is within range based on your raw numbers; as long as you train properly and have a good nutrition program.

robchris
08-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Niko,

It depends on your bench style... Are you more flat or arched? (Rage X & F6= arched / Rage & Fury= flat; all good shirts BTW)

I wouldnt get a Katana until you get more experienced w/ the shirts... Defineatly a more advanced shirt. (I'm still learning mine)

RC

Travis Bell
08-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Hi there.
Ive been involved in weightlifting for almost all my life.
Ive competed in Powerlifting a while ago (more than 12 year ago), and once again the little bug inside of me is bothering to get into the nationals of Bench Press next december, at seniors (+41 yrs) category.
Ive attended a couple of tournaments, and EVERYBODY is using bench shirts.
Believe it or not, I havent even tried one in my 26 years of weightlifting.
Ive been training WSB for the last couple of months and my 1RM is 365 Lbs (again let me point out, RAW).
To be honest, I am pretty sure out of what Ive seen, that in my country (Uruguay, a very small country in South America between Brazil & Argentina) I can get a pretty decent top #3 to 5th position in the Senior +41 years, but to be honest, if I compete I want to win.
Besides that, i want to get OVER 440 Lbs (and be the 20th guy in the country to get that).
So, its time to get a shirt.
So, Ive been doing some research but to be honest, I am not sure if I would go for an entry level shirt (like an Inzer Rage or Rage X) or a more expirienced Katana shirt. What fabric? polyester or denim?
As you might see, I am quite lost here.

Thanks for your opinions. All the best!

Do NOT get the Katana if you've never used a bench shirt before.

Rather take a look at the Titan Fury, or the Inzer Rage. Either one will do.

If you order a Titan shirt, order it through andersonpowerlifting.com

Otherwise it'll take forever to get a shirt.

Get it single ply. Denim's aren't real good beginner shirts and aren't especially good single ply so stick with the poly shirts.

what federation will you be competing in?

Niko_El_Piko
08-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the quick replies.
I am definitely an arched bencher.
I am right now checking prices & availability at Kens web page.

Regards!

Niko_El_Piko
08-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Sorry, I forgot to answer that the local Federation is ruled under the IPF.

Regards!

evilxxx
08-19-2009, 10:13 PM
The Titan F6 is the one for you then...Buena suerte :thumbup:

mastermonster
08-22-2009, 04:13 PM
I agree on the Titan F6!

Niko_El_Piko
09-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Thank you guys for your help.
I received the Titan F6 from Ken VERY FAST.
I will try it for the first time next Monday.

Once again, thanks for your support. Keep you posted.

regards!

allan3
09-07-2009, 11:21 AM
I agree on the Titan F6!

me 2. the f6 is badazz. i like it more than my super katana for sure, i think the material gives a better pop.

NickAus
09-08-2009, 04:46 AM
me 2. the f6 is badazz. i like it more than my super katana for sure, i think the material gives a better pop.

Allan is the F6 your pick of the single ply shirts?
Thanks.

allan3
09-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Allan is the F6 your pick of the single ply shirts?
Thanks.
thats a close call. i really like the apt apex also. its hard to touch anything less than 585 in the apex. in the same size f6 i can touch 405 with ease. i dont use an arch(yet), but i am learning. still, the f6 works better (for me) then my super katana. the f6 material seems stretchy-er and seems(to me) to give more pop. i do like the neckline on the super k tho. :)

NickAus
09-09-2009, 11:59 PM
thats a close call. i really like the apt apex also. its hard to touch anything less than 585 in the apex. in the same size f6 i can touch 405 with ease. i dont use an arch(yet), but i am learning. still, the f6 works better (for me) then my super katana. the f6 material seems stretchy-er and seems(to me) to give more pop. i do like the neckline on the super k tho. :)

Ok thanks, the Apex sounds really good for a single ply-much like a double ply!
Lots of people say the F6 is good and easy to use, I would like to do some single ply meets in the future.
How much did you get out of the F6?