PDA

View Full Version : Best beverage besides water?

Clone
08-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Whats the best/healthiest beverage besides water?

I drink plenty of plain water, but sometimes I want a little flavor with it.

Not looking for protein or carb replenishment, just flavor.

I know most sports type drinks use HFCS and sugar.

What about Crystal Light? Or Propel?

Anyone know what they use for sweeteners? I haven't really kept up on the new sweeteners and/or artificial sweeteners.

backseatwitme13
08-19-2009, 10:27 PM
green tea probably. i hate the taste but health wise, i'd give it a try

thereturn
08-19-2009, 10:38 PM
chocolate milkshake for me

lilotaku
08-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Tea
Coffee
Virgil's Root Beer

Unreal
08-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Tea, Coffee, Crystal light

CL uses aspartame. Pulled a box out of my desk drawer at work to check that.

mike mcgee
08-20-2009, 08:09 AM
If you are just looking for flavor, than probably any type of powdered iced tea or lemonade would be fine. I am sure you are just looking at doing this every once and a while, correct? If so, than a little sugar won't kill you.

Clone
08-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Tea, Coffee, Crystal light

CL uses aspartame. Pulled a box out of my desk drawer at work to check that.

Forgot to add I don't drink tea or coffee at all.

Is aspartame safe? Thought I had heard it might be kinda iffy. Or is that just me trying to drink the Kool-Aid? (pun intended)

Clone
08-20-2009, 10:17 AM
If you are just looking for flavor, than probably any type of powdered iced tea or lemonade would be fine. I am sure you are just looking at doing this every once and a while, correct? If so, than a little sugar won't kill you.

That is a good point actually.

But I'll probably end up drinking one bottle a day at work.

Just trying to avoid as much sugar as possible.

Unreal
08-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Aspartame safe? It is one of the most studied food additives in existance and has been safely used for a long time.

Ryumexicano
08-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Water melon juice mmmmmmmmmmm

ZenMonkey
08-20-2009, 03:35 PM
There is water in milk. Drink milk.

jp2
08-20-2009, 03:58 PM
I like Vitamin Water, orange flavor.

YoungNoble
08-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Aspartame safe? It is one of the most studied food additives in existance and has been safely used for a long time.
http://www.dorway.com/nonindus.html
http://www.dorway.com/industry.html

note the funding sources. it's no secret the majority of pro-aspartame clinical trials conducted were flawed and altered therefore completely useless, unreliable, and unacceptable as far as scientific research stands.

Reko
08-20-2009, 05:32 PM
I like whole milk and mountain dew.

twm
08-20-2009, 05:45 PM
i drink milk, water and OJ occasionally. thats all

tom183
08-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Water, milk, vegetable juice and sports drinks is pretty much all I drink.

Vince DelMonte
08-20-2009, 09:34 PM
I agree - Crystal Light is a really good choice. I'd avoid too much diet soda though - not so much because of the aspartame but it's fairly acidic as well.

Have you tried just slicing up an orange/lemon/lime and placing it in a pitcher of water and letting it sit overnight? It'll take on a mild flavor and might help. I actually saw someone do this with a watermelon once and it was surprising how great it tasted.

cphafner
08-20-2009, 09:44 PM
I drink crystal light. Also make green tea and add sweet and low and chill.

Clone
08-21-2009, 12:39 AM
There is water in milk. Drink milk.

Already drink 1/2 gallon of 2% milk a day.

Jboy
08-21-2009, 12:44 AM
iced green tea with mango

Clone
08-21-2009, 12:50 AM
I agree - Crystal Light is a really good choice. I'd avoid too much diet soda though - not so much because of the aspartame but it's fairly acidic as well.

Have you tried just slicing up an orange/lemon/lime and placing it in a pitcher of water and letting it sit overnight? It'll take on a mild flavor and might help. I actually saw someone do this with a watermelon once and it was surprising how great it tasted.

Forgot all about the simplest ones. LOL.

I used to toss a slice of lemon in my water.

Good idea.

getb1g
08-21-2009, 01:18 AM
Arizona Diet Green Tea, Vitamin Water 10 (XXX my favorite), and the berry Diet Sobe LifeWater.

mike mcgee
08-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Another thing to look for are natural juices, those with 100% fruit juice. I know you want to cut back on sugar, but your body is equipped to function off that type of nautral sugar. I would just try to avoid the processed stuff. You can also dilute the juice with water. I used to do this with OJ in the mornings. I hope this helps.

MarkM
08-21-2009, 10:28 AM
I like Vitamin Water, orange flavor.

XXX (Pomegranate, Blueberry, Acai) is my favourite, Focus (Strawberry, Kiwi) is also good

POM Pomegranate juice is good, but somewhat pricey

Unreal
08-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Another thing to look for are natural juices, those with 100% fruit juice. I know you want to cut back on sugar, but your body is equipped to function off that type of nautral sugar. I would just try to avoid the processed stuff. You can also dilute the juice with water. I used to do this with OJ in the mornings. I hope this helps.

To your body OJ or other juice is the same as a soda with some vitamins added. Fructose and sucrose is the same no matter what the source.