PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Close Grip Floor Press

Niko_El_Piko
08-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Is Close Grip FP regular in your triceps workouts?
Pro & cons?

Regards!

Travis Bell
08-20-2009, 07:04 PM
I use it every DE day for sets of 10. It's a huge help to me, but that's right where my sticking point is and it really helps me develop that grinder gear I need when in my shirt so use it if that's what is going to help you.

slashkills
08-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Its a staple in my ME rotation. Like travis said it really helps when you cant grind anything out.

mattdunkin
08-20-2009, 09:27 PM
I use it every DE day for sets of 10. It's a huge help to me, but that's right where my sticking point is and it really helps me develop that grinder gear I need when in my shirt so use it if that's what is going to help you.

Travis,where is your hand placement when you do your close-grip floor presses-pinky on the inside of the rings or index right where the knurling starts?I do floor presses with my pinky on the inside of the ring on ME days but was wondering how far you move your hands in when you do close-grips.

NickAus
08-20-2009, 09:31 PM

Travis what do you think of close grip reverse bands for sets of 5-10 for triceps?
Thanks, this may also help Niko.

Niko_El_Piko
08-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback!.
In my case, I work the close grip floor press the same day as the Dynamic bench. I usually try to work 4 sets, 2 with leg drive and 2 with my legs straight, on a 10 rep range.

Thanks for your support.