PDA

View Full Version : Never Tried A Diet

hoptavius
08-21-2009, 01:13 PM
I have never tried to diet before. I have the feeling it will be very difficult for me to develop one and stick to it, thats why I am seeking YOUR help. I recently just started working out. I am not looking to get freakishly huge, or to get cut like a fine dimond. I just want a decent body, and to get stronger. I have started to use supplements, any questions please refer to my post GNC Pro Performance. What would be a decent diet for someone who has never been on one before? I love sweets and carbs, but realize I need to cut them out. Any recomendations on a diet, or any books out there that I should read? Any feedback is appreciated.

juan23
08-21-2009, 01:21 PM
i recently started too , i have the best decipline when it comes to workouts but dieting is my weakness as well, im starting slow by cutting my beef intake and replacing it with chicken breast and fish , i also cut the cokes and sugar filled drinks and replaced them with water , i tried drinking propel and crystal light but i prefer just regular cold water. i find myself cheating at times but i cut im slowly getting more picky on what i eat. you dont have to go extreme and eat a can of tuna out of the can , i like to put a bit of mustard or miracle whip (just a bit) for flavor, for chicken i like to put some lemon juice on top or a bit of bbq sauce. i know its the healthiest but its a start

you cant go from burgers to salads in a day it takes time , the biggest hit for me was cutting fast food i love the stuff

Off Road
08-21-2009, 02:54 PM
If it's hard for you, then just start by eating normal but cutting out all the junk food (chips, cookies, sodas, fast food, etc). Then replace it with healthy whole food choices.

hoptavius
08-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Good idea, thanks!

thereturn
08-23-2009, 09:08 PM
imo, if you're not eating by at least some form of diet you're wasting your money with supplements. its not that difficult to eat a high protein, low fat diet. reading the current article linked at the top of this page (To Bulk or to Cut, That is the Question - or is it?) would be a good start.