PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on GOMAD

tom183
08-21-2009, 06:42 PM
I read the following on another forum:

You do realise that the GOMAD was designed around drinking fresh, as in farm fresh milk, not supermarket milk?? Processed milk contains loads of chems and ****e like hormones etc cows are fed to increase milk yields etc... There is also a risk of becoming lactose intolerant if you drink that much milk everyday, I wouldn't do it personally.

You'd be better starting off lean and aiming for lean gains, dirty bulking is great IF you've got a very lean frame to start with, dirty bulking whilst already carrying some BF is a bad idea. I'd stop GOMAD, start eating cleanly and aim for a BF% (not weight) where YOU think you're looking good, then aim to clean bulk whilst only adding a few % BF during a bulk.

Sadly milk is also full of estrogen, which is fed to dairy herds to increase milk production... This increases the risk of nasty ***** such as colon cancer and of course wreaks havoc with your test levels and may increase estrogenic effects (fat retention / bitch tits etc).... I personally avoid drinking more than a pint a day, I'd rather get my fats from fish oils, flax seed etc as dairy fat causes me to pile on the lard..

Edit: Squats and milk is a really old routine from way back when milk was not full of nasty ****e and so highly processed.

It makes sense to me that milk isn't as healthy as it used to be, nothing is. But most of the other points this guy brings up I haven't heard before.

Thoughts?

Off Road
08-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Just drink it...everything is messed up these days but they don't tell you to stop eating fruits and vegatables.

I'll have to find that link where a guy suggested drinking brackish water to train the gut :evillaugh:

ZenMonkey
08-21-2009, 07:20 PM
I enjoy my milk with some residual hormone in it. Seriously though, just drink it. Everything is bad for you these days... plastic bottles, metal cans... everything. Milk is the least of your worries. And, if youre on GOMAD you wont be on it for long because you WILL hit your target weight soon.

IndiaBB
08-22-2009, 05:32 AM
GOMAD is good for short term goals// not for long term.. Reason is high quantity of vitamin A & Calcium in milk..

1liter skimmed milk is good for long run.. 500ml in mornin & 500ml before night..

dynamo
08-22-2009, 08:34 AM
I do half gomad (at least). I've always been a huge milk drinker. I personally love the cow growth hormones, I drink skim exclusively always have always will, and I attribute my massive size to the milk I've always drank. Milk is awesome.

Jilla82
08-22-2009, 10:03 AM
im not a big milk fan myself for the reasons the threadstarter posted.
I make sure the milk I drink is made from cows that arent given hormones and also given an organic diet.
its more expensive, but I dont want all that junk in my body.

juan23
08-22-2009, 10:12 AM
i say we switch to goat milk lol na but on a serious note i would mix my protein shakes with water when i would go to the gym, the only time i drink milk is with cereal

Nicky
08-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Just got back from sams club. stocked up on whole milk from the super hormone cows. Its hard for me to ONLY drink one gallon a day, I love it so much. I was going through 10 or 12 gallons a week there for a while when I was outta work.

ZenMonkey
08-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Just got back from sams club. stocked up on whole milk from the super hormone cows. Its hard for me to ONLY drink one gallon a day, I love it so much. I was going through 10 or 12 gallons a week there for a while when I was outta work.

Haha! Thats the spirit!

Clifford Gillmore
08-22-2009, 02:54 PM
im not a big milk fan myself for the reasons the threadstarter posted.
I make sure the milk I drink is made from cows that arent given hormones and also given an organic diet.
its more expensive, but I dont want all that junk in my body.

I apologise in advance to you. No cows in America are hormone free, and there is no such thing as an organic diet. Quit with that froo froo ****, organic/hormone free labels are sketchy at best.

Holto
08-25-2009, 03:57 PM
I apologise in advance to you. No cows in America are hormone free, and there is no such thing as an organic diet. Quit with that froo froo ****, organic/hormone free labels are sketchy at best.

Most Organic products are third party certified. There are laws in each state that specify what can be labeled Organic. I haven't heard of either of these protective measures being compromised.

Invain
08-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Most Organic products are third party certified. There are laws in each state that specify what can be labeled Organic. I haven't heard of either of these protective measures being compromised.

This. I have an uncle that owns a large organic farm and processing facility. They are very careful about how they run things, most organic stuff gets tested regularly.

He's dead Jim
09-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Its hard for me to ONLY drink one gallon a day, I love it so much. I was going through 10 or 12 gallons a week there for a while when I was outta work.

Breast milk from a testosterone free former TV Gladiator is superior and can be found online if you know where to look. Sure it's warm and sweet but the best part is getting the eye contact while you drink.

After you've been burped & put down for a nap, then you can expect a tough 45 minute work out while she refills.