PDA

View Full Version : help a youngster get STRONG

munderw00
08-23-2009, 04:17 PM
hey, i am a junior in high school and i play football. i get at least my weight in grams of protein everyday and am eating at above maintence calories. i take a multi vitamin, creatine mono, and a whey shake everyday. i even take fish oil for my joints (although i have never had a real problem with joint pain). i lift about 5 days a week, (2 or so are DE days) but basically my question here is what can i do to get stronger? anything at all will be greatly appreciated. i would do anytihng to make the county strongman tournament this year for my weight class, and would do anything to get strong enough to get in.

weight: 146
height: 5'7

bench: 200
squat: 270
deadlift: 290
clean: 180

thank you in advance. any input at all is greatly appreciated!

robchris
08-23-2009, 05:39 PM
munder,

W/O getting to complicated... Just stick w/ the basics at his point.(ie. The big (3) Sqt., BP, DL )BTW, 5-3-1 is a great routine for strength... (search the web for further explaination) Power cleans are a must if your competing in strongman & a lot of over head presssing. You didnt mention what weight class you're in? Diet seems to be fairly good, just ensure you're getting plenty of calories/protein to support growth... At your age you can get away w/ eating almost anything!

Also, find out what events will be in the compettion and try to focus on those events( log, stone, yoke, etc.) Skill/ event work at least once a week.

Good luck bro!

jp2
08-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Well your already pretty damn strong for a junior in highschool. Looks like your off to a great start. Just keep doing what your doing and you'll keep getting stronger, and read this site a lot (don't forget the stickies).