PDA

View Full Version : peanut butter question

bferrer41178
08-24-2009, 01:23 PM
i normally workout very early in the morning (6am) having a pre workout meal @ 5:15am. i've read on several threads that the fat in pbutter slow down the absorption of the protein shake i normally take with my meal.

when do guys consume peanut butter? or better yet, would the best time be anywhere near pre or postworkout?? also, would it be recommended to have a pb before u go to sleep?? im kinda gettin tired of eating cottage cheese, even tho i know its a good source of casein (bedtime protein)

my usual preworkout meal @5:15am

oatmeal w. vanilla extract
frozen banana slices (gives the oatmeal a hot/cold dessert feel to it!!)
whey protein shake (1.5 scoop)
whole brain bread
1 tbls. nat pbutter

postworkout shake:
1.5 scoop whey protein
40g waxy maize
5g glutamine

Mercuryblade
08-24-2009, 04:24 PM
I throw a tiny bit of PB in my morning shake just for flavor,
But yeah, I stay away from too much fat in the shake for PWO, you really want to get those insulin levels up as quickly as possible.

The main reason for eating so much peanut butter is because it is a good source of relatively healthy and inexpensive calories, hence why so many people on this forum talk about it. It is no way, a necessity, to eat peanut butter everyday or work it into your diet if you are getting the appropriate calories and nutrition elsewhere.
Eat it any time of day, but try not to put too much of it into your PWO shake, as it will slow digestion.

dynamo
08-24-2009, 04:50 PM
GOPBAD!! I just consume it during my regular meals generally. If I am hungry but trying to hold back the calories ill just have a teaspoon or table spoon as it holds off the hunger quite well.

Off Road
08-24-2009, 05:21 PM
GOPBAD!!.
Oh my goodness...that would be hard to choke down :evillaugh: