PDA

View Full Version : Best wrap for hamstrings

TJM
08-24-2009, 04:24 PM
I tore my hamstring a while back and have started to train squat again. I want to prevent any further injury by wrapping it during training. Where the injury occurred was where the hamstring ties into the knee joint. Should I use knee wraps or a knee sleeve?

Sean S
08-24-2009, 05:18 PM
I would use a good knee sleeve like Rehbands. They are big enough to cover the area you are talking about. They will keep the area warm, but won't really provide support. This should be good to strengthen the hamstring while decreasing risk of re-injury.
I am assuming you are doing some type of reasonable rehab protocol as well. This will be much more important than any knee sleeve or wrap.

Sensei
08-26-2009, 10:11 AM
A combination of some kind of kinesio taping and wraps might do something for you, but Sean's right - if your rehab isn't cutting it, a wrap isn't going to do much.

Clifford Gillmore
08-26-2009, 10:25 AM
I sell compression gear in Australia (Not a plug! LOL) And a few guys in the gym have been wearing them with injuries to a little bit of avail, these are hefty things though - the compression is quite strong and joint focused.