PDA

View Full Version : All good benchers I need your opinion...

chris mason
08-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Is this legit? If so, he is one of the strongest raw lifters in the world relative to body weight and especially considering he doesn't have a clue what he is doing:

shaaNj6a1jk

Travis Bell
08-24-2009, 09:00 PM
The 550 did look pretty legit, I'll give him that.

He's really risking a lower back injury by moving his hips all around like that while benching, but yeah, that looked legit.

No way in the world he'll bench 50lbs more in one week LOL

His "feel" sets aren't the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of, but he'd have better luck with board and band training.

Still though, a 550 bench at 12% bf is very very impressive.

dynamo
08-24-2009, 09:07 PM
The 550 did look pretty legit, I'll give him that.

He's really risking a lower back injury by moving his hips all around like that while benching, but yeah, that looked legit.

No way in the world he'll bench 50lbs more in one week LOL

His "feel" sets aren't the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of, but he'd have better luck with board and band training.

Still though, a 550 bench at 12% bf is very very impressive.

though, if he is on the special juice would 50 lbs be reasonable?

Dingus
08-24-2009, 09:12 PM
though, if he is on the special juice would 50 lbs be reasonable?

That would have to be really really special.

Dingus
08-24-2009, 09:12 PM
I think the 550 is legit, I just think the guy is ******ed...luckily for him his chemist is not.

Reko
08-24-2009, 09:37 PM
except all those people watching are now gonna start throwing their feet all over lol.

Brian Hopper
08-24-2009, 09:46 PM
It didn't look as easy as he says it was, but it looked legit. What's his name?

Hazerboy
08-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah that was by no means easy lawl.

Still, how the hell someone gets that strong with having no idea what he's doing both dazzles and depresses me lawl.

And at 205 lbs, that guy must be mega short.

Dingus
08-24-2009, 10:12 PM
except all those people watching are now gonna start throwing their feet all over lol.

If they watch Dave Hoff they are going to start putting truck bumpers and other large obejects under their shirts. Next time I bench I want a Honda Civic on my chest!

Jesse Hernandez
08-24-2009, 10:14 PM
If they watch Dave Hoff they are going to start putting truck bumpers and other large obejects under their shirts. Next time I bench I want a Honda Civic on my chest!

I dont, or I wouldnt be able to breath, I think I'll just take a 3 board under my singlet like Hoff did.:hello:

siuecougar
08-24-2009, 10:23 PM
I dont, or I wouldnt be able to breath, I think I'll just take a 3 board under my singlet like Hoff did.:hello:

haha. and the hating carries over to a new thread. hahahahahahah.

Jesse Hernandez
08-24-2009, 10:26 PM
haha. it has to..... from now one anyone cheating or doing something suspicious will be labeled as a "Hoffster"

chris mason
08-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Yeah, let's stop with that crap. Keep it to the thread. Wbb isn't going to become PlWatch or other sites with a continuous bunch of whining bitches who get a forum.

mastermonster
08-24-2009, 10:50 PM
I agree with Travis. The 550, although not easy; was impressive at that weight and bodyfat level. But if he can add 50 lbs. to it in a week, I want some of that juice too! I've never even heard rumors of anything adding 50 lbs. to a raw bench in a week!...unless he pulls out a shirt next week! LOL! If he's coachable, and had someone knowledgable to work with him; he could obviously be phenominal!

KarlMarx
08-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Still, how the hell someone gets that strong with having no idea what he's doing both dazzles and depresses me lawl.

Seriously. I'm sure he works real hard but that's a gift to be that strong with so little form. I have to wonder what kind of training he's cooked up--it probably would have left me injured 10x over if its anything like his form.

Maybe they can copy his shoulders and paste them on my body...In the meantime, back to the gym.

Brian C
08-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Jesus, what is he, like 4'10" @205? Geez

Jeff Roark
08-25-2009, 12:32 PM
looks strong as hell to me. Why do you say that its obvious he doesn't know what he is doing? Its obvious to me that he knows exactly what works for him. Speed benching, bands, chains, and boards aren't the only training methods that work.

chris mason
08-25-2009, 12:52 PM
looks strong as hell to me. Why do you say that its obvious he doesn't know what he is doing? Its obvious to me that he knows exactly what works for him. Speed benching, bands, chains, and boards aren't the only training methods that work.

No, it was his form, the having 3 guys lift a weight for him he cannot, and so on that makes me say he has no clue.

Travis Bell
08-25-2009, 12:57 PM

Those feel sets are pointless and more abusive to his CNS than is near necessary.

He's not training his lockout either, which is where he's struggling.

Flopping his hips around like that is a really poor choice

As far as strength training goes, he's certainly not doing nearly as much as he could to get a 600lb bench.

Boards would achieve the same thing as his feel sets, with the added benefit of actually training a given range of motion. Bands will add to this benefit. I didn't mention speed benching or chains

Jeff Roark
08-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Those feel sets are pointless and more abusive to his CNS than is near necessary.

As far as strength training goes, he's certainly not doing nearly as much as he could to get a 600lb bench.

Boards would achieve the same thing as his feel sets, with the added benefit of actually training a given range of motion. Bands will add to this benefit. I didn't mention speed benching or chains

Travis,
How is feel sets any more abusive to his CNS than boards, reverse bands or lock outs from pins? How do you detrmine that? Its all overload, and he obviously is getting what he needs. Also, I am sure it wouldn't take much to bring his lockout along. But yeah, I do agree with the basic stuff like keeping a stable position and stuff like that, its obviously asking to get hurt.

did I say you mentioned speed or chains? I am the one that mentioned them.

chris mason
08-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Travis,
How is feel sets any more abusive to his CNS than boards, reverse bands or lock outs from pins? How do you detrmine that? Its all overload, and he obviously is getting what he needs. Also, I am sure it wouldn't take much to bring his lockout along. But yeah, I do agree with the basic stuff like keeping a stable position and stuff like that, its obviously asking to get hurt.

I think the kid is simply a genetic freak on the bench. The point, which I think you are missing, is that if he trained in a more strength focused fashion, he could progress more quickly and reach greater heights.

Usain Bolt would be a very fast guy, perhaps even world class with improper training, but with the right training etc. he is the very best in the world by a significant margin. When good heredity meets a good work ethic and proper training the sky is the limit.

Lones Green
08-25-2009, 01:35 PM

I was going to say the exact same things. The "feel" sets to overload the CNS and joints could be accomplished more efficiently by using bands and/or high boards.

He's basically doing a crappy board press when he's doing those half reps or whatever

I'd love to see this guy train smart for a year and see where his bench is, the video was impressive.

Travis Bell
08-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Travis,

How do you measure how much it takes to bring his lockout along?

His "feel" sets are more abusive than necessary is what I wrote.

He's stressing his system out with holding way over what he's near capable of benching. How do I determine that? I've held weights that heavy and much heavier so I know what it does to your body and I'm saying he's needlessly going way heavier than what he needs to.

Overload isn't all the same. Now if someone is benching 1000lbs it's a little different. To get the same effect, you're going to need to use a lot more weight.

However, I feel that static holds are a waste of time anyways, which is essentially what his "feel" sets are. Either move the weight or don't

Jeff Roark
08-25-2009, 01:37 PM
I think the kid is simply a genetic freak on the bench. The point, which I think you are missing, is that if he trained in a more strength focused fashion, he could progress more quickly and reach greater heights.

Usain Bolt would be a very fast guy, perhaps even world class with improper training, but with the right training etc. he is the very best in the world by a significant margin. When good heredity meets a good work ethic and proper training the sky is the limit.

I agree Chris, but everything does not have to be westside to work. He is obviously doing something right, as ugly as it may appear.

Lones Green
08-25-2009, 01:40 PM
I agree Chris, but everything does not have to be westside to work. He is obviously doing something right, as ugly as it may appear.

Westside was not mentioned in this thread

I'm sure every lifter at Westside would attest to its not the only training method that works, guys from other gyms hold world records too

They also use bands and boards

Travis Bell
08-25-2009, 01:46 PM

Who is talking about Westside Jeff?

Gee whiz way to make an argument out of thin air LOL

=Travis=
08-25-2009, 01:46 PM
That guy looks like he is in love with himself

Travis Bell
08-25-2009, 01:49 PM
That guy looks like he is in love with himself

LOL "the shirt is commin off!"

Can't argue that

chris mason
08-25-2009, 01:49 PM

I don't think everything needs to be Westside? I like Westside, but I don't personally follow an exact Westside template.

What he is doing has worked, but he could be doing something much better to get much better results.

Jeff Roark
08-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Westside was not mentioned in this thread

I'm sure every lifter at Westside would attest to its not the only training method that works, guys from other gyms hold world records too

They also use bands and boards

once again, I mentioned it, correct? most of the time its pretty much understood that boards and bands and the majority of that stuff came from Louie, so the term was used in a lose fashion by me.

I am not saying its wrong, but why does one automatically think it would make him stronger? look at Wendlers system, people are getting crazy strong without that kind of stuff is what I am saying.

Jeff Roark
08-25-2009, 01:58 PM
I don't think everything needs to be Westside? I like Westside, but I don't personally follow an exact Westside template.

What he is doing has worked, but he could be doing something much better to get much better results.

I know you do. I have also taken many good things from it and have had a blast talking with Louie the times that I have. I understand why Travis states what he does, because he trains there and understands the methods.

so what would you have him do to get much better results than a 550lbs bench press at 200lbs bodyweight other than some basic form cleanup?

Lones Green
08-25-2009, 01:58 PM
once again, I mentioned it, correct? most of the time its pretty much understood that boards and bands and the majority of that stuff came from Louie, so the term was used in a lose fashion by me.

I am not saying its wrong, but why does one automatically think it would make him stronger? look at Wendlers system, people are getting crazy strong without that kind of stuff is what I am saying.

No one is disagreeing with you, buddy. You're right. You haven't proven anyone or anything wrong.

Jeff Roark
08-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Who is talking about Westside Jeff?

Gee whiz way to make an argument out of thin air LOL

Travis,

man don't be so touchy. Don't wear your feeling on your sleeves just because someone don't agree with everything you say. I explained that I used the westside term in a lose fashion, its a bit easier than typing out boards, bands and eveything else pretty much developed by Louie. Are people allowed to have a different opinion here or not?

Jeff Roark
08-25-2009, 02:07 PM
No one is disagreeing with you, buddy. You're right. You haven't proven anyone or anything wrong.

where am I trying to prove anyone or anything wrong?

Travis Bell
08-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Travis,

man don't be so touchy. Don't wear your feeling on your sleeves just because someone don't agree with everything you say. I explained that I used the westside term in a lose fashion, its a bit easier than typing out boards, bands and eveything else pretty much developed by Louie. Are people allowed to have a different opinion here or not?

LOL I think you're mis reading what I typed. All I asked was who brought Westside into it.

haha sure people are free to have a different opinion, but don't be mad when it's shown that said opinion may not be totally accurate. Here we discuss things out.

Using Westside as a definition for boards, bands and chains is a poor usage of the the word. Many people, many who even post here, do use boards, bands and chains but do not use a Westside template

I'm just getting confused as to what you're arguing about

Jeff Roark
08-25-2009, 02:22 PM
LOL I think you're mis reading what I typed. All I asked was who brought Westside into it.

haha sure people are free to have a different opinion, but don't be mad when it's shown that said opinion may not be totally accurate. Here we discuss things out.

Using Westside as a definition for boards, bands and chains is a poor usage of the the word. Many people, many who even post here, do use boards, bands and chains but do not use a Westside template

I'm just getting confused as to what you're arguing about

I explained here:

Travis,

argueing? debating is what I'd call it. I just don't see these(let me be politically correct) bands and boards are just going to be some magic transforming exercise for him. He is 200lbs and bencing nearly 3x bodyweight without the bench shirt. something he is doing is working awesome, would you not agree? maybe he is tapping into the same things that these exerercises accomplish without doing them.

Travis Bell
08-25-2009, 02:46 PM
You're missing the point still but I'll try one more time LOL

The point brought up was that he could train smarter. Is he not training for strength at this time? His goal is to bench 600lbs (which you can read all about from the guy in the video himself on another forum) So how on earth does it make sense to use sub standard techniques for getting strong? It doesn't. He's benching 550lbs at a very low bodyweight. As I've stated repeated times, it's crazy impressive. I can bench about that much, but I'm a lot heavier LOL

He's spending time in the gym doing some things that will not benefit his strength goals at all. I never said everything he was doing was wrong.

Hopefully this will clear that up

Jeff Roark
08-25-2009, 03:01 PM
You're missing the point still but I'll try one more time LOL

The point brought up was that he could train smarter. Is he not training for strength at this time? His goal is to bench 600lbs (which you can read all about from the guy in the video himself on another forum) So how on earth does it make sense to use sub standard techniques for getting strong? It doesn't. He's benching 550lbs at a very low bodyweight. As I've stated repeated times, it's crazy impressive. I can bench about that much, but I'm a lot heavier LOL

He's spending time in the gym doing some things that will not benefit his strength goals at all. I never said everything he was doing was wrong.

Hopefully this will clear that up

I can agree with you as stated above. I am not saying that bands and boards(westside, westside, westside!) wouldn't improve him, but I don't think it would be a tremendous difference. I'd say cleaning up his form would do more good than anything, plus keeping him from getting killed.

How many legit near 3x bodyweight gear free benchers are there?

ThomasG
08-25-2009, 03:14 PM
He looks bigger than 205

barbell01
08-25-2009, 03:25 PM
maybe he does use boards and bands and chains....... haha .... nobody really knows...... all we saw was this one dumb video.

Travis Bell
08-25-2009, 03:45 PM
I can agree with you as stated above. I am not saying that bands and boards(westside, westside, westside!)

LOL I did chuckle at that

wouldn't improve him, but I don't think it would be a tremendous difference. I'd say cleaning up his form would do more good than anything, plus keeping him from getting killed.

Why exactly do you think using boards, bands and chains would not make a tremendous difference?

The reason I ask is because experience has shown me that it will. Regardless of a lifters particular level, these methods have been shown to make a great difference in a persons abilities. If they did not, nobody would use them.

How many legit near 3x bodyweight gear free benchers are there?

Actually quite a few, although the guy in this video is most definitely NOT one of them until he does it in a meet.

But here is the list

Weight Class Name X-Bwt Bench Press (lbs) Date
114 Andrzej Stanaszek 3.51 391 11/16/94
123 Rick Couch 3.06377 4/10/93
132 Joe Bradley 3.00 397 12/6/80
148 Alex Poku 3.02 435 1/13/90
165 Rick Weil 2.94 485 7/23/83
181 Rick Weil 3.06 556 6/29/86
198 Mike Macdonald 2.84 562 10/4/80
220 Mike Macdonald 2.64582 5/19/79
242 Jeremy Hoornstra 2.56 615 9/29/06

Jeff Roark
08-25-2009, 04:00 PM
LOL I did chuckle at that

Why exactly do you think using boards, bands and chains would not make a tremendous difference?

The reason I ask is because experience has shown me that it will. Regardless of a lifters particular level, these methods have been shown to make a great difference in a persons abilities. If they did not, nobody would use them.

Actually quite a few, although the guy in this video is most definitely NOT one of them until he does it in a meet.

But here is the list

Travis,
Why I don't think they would make a huge difference? Because of the level he is at. Doing something in a meet makes it official, true, but look, he is just a hair from being on a really short list. I am sure they could make a difference, but not tremendous as you state. Sure, they have most definately brought lifters that are nowhere near his level of strength up to around his level, but he is already in the end zone. Even super gentics has a limit, and I'd say he is close to realizing his.

A good point was made, we don't know all the details of his training either. I looked a moment at his youtube stuff, and he says he is a bodybuilder.

I have to honestly admit, other than the form issues, I don't know what I could really say that would improve his results. Pretty hard telling someone benching nearly 3xbw how to do something.

Travis Bell
08-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Travis,
Why I don't think they would make a huge difference? Because of the level he is at. Doing something in a meet makes it official, true, but look, he is just a hair from being on a really short list. I am sure they could make a difference, but not tremendous as you state. Sure, they have most definately brought lifters that are nowhere near his level of strength up to around his level, but he is already in the end zone. Even super gentics has a limit, and I'd say he is close to realizing his.

A good point was made, we don't know all the details of his training either. I looked a moment at his youtube stuff, and he says he is a bodybuilder.

I have to honestly admit, other than the form issues, I don't know what I could really say that would improve his results. Pretty hard telling someone benching nearly 3xbw how to do something.

I see what you're saying, but I just feel we really disagree with this. What I was more asking for was personal experience with people in the gym that led you to believe that certain strength principles don't apply after you are able to bench XXX amount of LBS

And yes, he's a very long ways from being able to do that in a meet. Go and pause a weight in the gym, for a meet long pause and see if you can do as much as a touch and go. His lower body form is crazy off and that will affect his benching while he learns to straighten that one out too.

My point isn't to take away from his 550lb bench (at a supposed 205 since we don't see the scale), but rather that you can't compare him to guys who have actually done it in a meet.

Jeff Roark
08-25-2009, 04:59 PM
I see what you're saying, but I just feel we really disagree with this. What I was more asking for was personal experience with people in the gym that led you to believe that certain strength principles don't apply after you are able to bench XXX amount of LBS

And yes, he's a very long ways from being able to do that in a meet. Go and pause a weight in the gym, for a meet long pause and see if you can do as much as a touch and go. His lower body form is crazy off and that will affect his benching while he learns to straighten that one out too.

My point isn't to take away from his 550lb bench (at a supposed 205 since we don't see the scale), but rather that you can't compare him to guys who have actually done it in a meet.

Travis,
can you quantify what you mean by tremendous results? If you are saying 25-50lbs on his bench yeah I can agree that it might would be a possibility, but if you are talking 75lbs-100lbs just from doing a board press or bands, I have a hard time seeing that.

I agree on things needing to be done under official conditions, if they are really official. The pauses that are seen today ain't anything special. I just have to say it, but the "rules" and using the example of doing it "by the rule book" and under meet conditions is definately losing its glory. Don't take that I am bashing, I just enjoy seeing things done right. Its much more pleasurable to see something performed cleanly with no questions asked. I am sure you agree.

vdizenzo
08-25-2009, 06:07 PM
First off, the guy is very strong. However, I don't think the 550 was as easy as he said it was. I hope he eventually lifts in a meet because if he's that strong it should be recognized.

joey54
08-25-2009, 06:26 PM
First off, the guy is very strong. However, I don't think the 550 was as easy as he said it was. I hope he eventually lifts in a meet because if he's that strong it should be recognized.

Well said Vin.

Pete22
08-25-2009, 06:32 PM

This. But would he be able to compete with his legs up in the air? :clown:

sobrinoc
08-25-2009, 07:11 PM
I think you see a bodybuilder like this one or Stan Efferding on the SuperTraining website and you realize what they have in common with many (not all) great powerlifters: they are strong as hell in their assistance exercises. I bet his rows, extensions, presses, etc are stronger than most of the powerlifters who can't do what he does. They are definitely stronger than mine. So I think it's something we can learn from.

Cyrus Ford
08-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Looks real to me. That 550 would have been a lot easier if he did not mess around trying to rep 495. With that said, if he works his way up to a 1RM properly, I think he would hit between 560 and 575.

It's funny when someone is strong and comes out of nowhere, people are quick to assume he's cheating. I don't know.....

Anyway, I am living proof that you can train with simple barbell and iron and achieve a huge BP.

PWR
08-26-2009, 10:01 PM
That dude is an absolute beast! He just seems to be more into bodybuilding. If he put that much effort into powerlifting, ....lookout!

There is a guy at my gym that is trying for a 550 or 600lb bench at 198. He is a raw bencher and has no arch at all. He doesnt use bands, chains, boards or even floor pressing or rack lockouts. It amazes me to see him just come in and work his way up to 5 plates and be so lean and fairly light. I think he is around 205 now. Some people are just naturally strong benchers.

NickAus
08-26-2009, 10:07 PM
That dude is an absolute beast! He just seems to be more into bodybuilding. If he put that much effort into powerlifting, ....lookout!

There is a guy at my gym that is trying for a 550 or 600lb bench at 198. He is a raw bencher and has no arch at all. He doesnt use bands, chains, boards or even floor pressing or rack lockouts. It amazes me to see him just come in and work his way up to 5 plates and be so lean and fairly light. I think he is around 205 now. Some people are just naturally strong benchers.

He is very strong for sure, dangerous lifting the legs like that.
How do we know he doesn't use bands, chains, boards or even floor pressing or rack lockouts?

NickAus
08-26-2009, 10:12 PM
I think you see a bodybuilder like this one or Stan Efferding on the SuperTraining website and you realize what they have in common with many (not all) great powerlifters: they are strong as hell in their assistance exercises. I bet his rows, extensions, presses, etc are stronger than most of the powerlifters who can't do what he does. They are definitely stronger than mine. So I think it's something we can learn from.

Yep, he MAY have missed out on some good pressing movements like boards and floor presses but made up for it by getting super strong on assistance work for his lats/shoulders/triceps etc.
He could no doubt press more with better form and using other methods.
Very strong!

mattdunkin
08-27-2009, 01:38 AM
I think I'm going to start doing "feel" sets....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's just hope this dude and Jimmy Pellechia never hook-up.

NickAus
08-27-2009, 04:58 AM
I think I'm going to start doing "feel" sets....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's just hope this dude and Jimmy Pellechia never hook-up.

That me laugh, those two sure would be funny to watch.

PWR
08-27-2009, 12:35 PM
He is very strong for sure, dangerous lifting the legs like that.
How do we know he doesn't use bands, chains, boards or even floor pressing or rack lockouts?

The guy in the video might, dont know?

But the guy I know at my gym does not, and he is very close in strength to the guy in that video.

vdizenzo
08-27-2009, 03:17 PM
The more I look at some of these posts the more they piss me off. You know everyone can hit a 600 bench, well actually there are only around 50 guys or so who have done it in a meet. I'm one of them and I'm damn proud of it. So hearing about every half ass who can do it in a gym insults me. Sure, I see that this guy is strong and I don't think there is any bs, but I can't tell you how many times I have heard about guys in gyms who lift these amazing weights to then see them suck in person. If someone in your gym is benching 600 please post a vid. We had a member here on WBB who claimed to do 625 for reps. He got called out, he does'nt post here anymore. Sorry for the rant.

barbell01
08-27-2009, 03:46 PM
The more I look at some of these posts the more they piss me off. You know everyone can hit a 600 bench, well actually there are only around 50 guys or so who have done it in a meet. I'm one of them and I'm damn proud of it. So hearing about every half ass who can do it in a gym insults me. Sure, I see that this guy is strong and I don't think there is any bs, but I can't tell you how many times I have heard about guys in gyms who lift these amazing weights to then see them suck in person. If someone in your gym is benching 600 please post a vid. We had a member here on WBB who claimed to do 625 for reps. He got called out, he does'nt post here anymore. Sorry for the rant.

it's almost like when the bar is loaded past 225, they don't even know how much it is, so they just say "it's like 600 pounds!" haha, idk, i was at the meet when mike siegler hit 600 and missed 620 and it was like nobody even knew or cared that the guy just benched 600LBS. i know what a 600# bench is. congrats on the recent 605, that is monsterous.

PWR
08-27-2009, 09:06 PM

Not sure if you meant me or not, if so I will try a get a vid. Didnt mean to get under your skin if so. The guy in my gym is not like the guy in the vid, he does bench only meets and trains for meets. I just thought I would add since he is very lean also (10% maybe) and benches no arch and doesnt use boards chains or anything. There is another guy that just did 800 (equipped) that comes in my gym and I have talked to him a few times and seems really cool. He holds the state record bench as well and has a couple of State bodybuilding titles. There is vid of the 800 if you would like to see it.

I surely didnt want to take anything away from anybody. Your 600 raw is simply crazy strong and I have alot of respect for guys that can make it to that level. I doubt I will ever make it anywhere near that. Hell I would be happy with a 550 equipped bench.

vdizenzo
08-27-2009, 09:21 PM
I surely didnt want to take anything away from anybody. Your 600 raw is simply crazy strong and I have alot of respect for guys that can make it to that level. I doubt I will ever make it anywhere near that. Hell I would be happy with a 550 equipped bench.

Never doubt yourself. Benching was my worst lift. It took me a couple of years to break a 400 equipped bench when I was in my late twenties. Equipment was different but nonetheless. I never thought I would lift what I do now. I just kept pushing and making gains. Just keep pushing.

doberman
08-28-2009, 05:17 AM
Never doubt yourself. Benching was my worst lift. It took me a couple of years to break a 400 equipped bench when I was in my late twenties. Equipment was different but nonetheless. I never thought I would lift what I do now. I just kept pushing and making gains. Just keep pushing.

Vinne,

What would you say was the biggest factor in going from struggling with 400 in gear to putting up 605 raw?

Thanks.

vdizenzo
08-28-2009, 05:23 AM
Vinne,

What would you say was the biggest factor in going from struggling with 400 in gear to putting up 605 raw?

Thanks.

Technique! I went from 555 to 600 in one day using the same shirt by training with Bill Crawford. So I guess technique entails finding the best or at least those who are better to train with. It was a high level female lifter that finally got my bench over 400. She's the one who taught me how to use leg drive.

Polish Hammer
09-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Without getting into who invented what methods and all that,I think its safe to say that there are proven techniques that over the years,have enabled alot of people to get bigger and stronger.This guy clearly doesnt have a great handle on how to progressively get stronger other than going into the gym and attempting a weight.I cant even make heads or tails of his routine.He's super strong,thats for sure.But to say he's tapped into something thats new or groundbreaking is rediculous.Not only is he impressive,But it looks like he hasnt even come close to realizing his full potential.But just because he's doing something alot of us wish we could do,doesnt make him an authority on how to do it.Some people are naturally faster,have a better memory,can jump higher, throw a baseball 97mph,and are stronger.That doesnt mean without proper coaching,they cant get better.

waynedang
09-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Anyone know what his bodyfat is :)