PDA

View Full Version : Seans 12 Week kettlebell and pushup transformation.

SeanW
08-25-2009, 09:26 AM
For those of you that followed my old log, you might have noticed I haven't posted in about a month. Bunch of stuff happened in life.

Long story short without to many details, I moved and don't have access to my weights and stuff. They are stored. So I have my kettlebells.

So I am going to see where training kettlebells exclusively takes my main barbell lifts. One week out of the month I am going to drive a ways and man on squat bench and dead.

I took some before pics, I will post those up about week 3 along with progress pics.

The journey started yesterday. I hope some of you will follow along

SeanW
08-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Got all my meals in today, no cheating. Feels weird eating really healthy.

30min at 4.5 on treadmill 1% incline

Looking forward to tomorrow.

SeanW
08-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Another day of all meals and no cheating.
30min at 4.5 on treadmill 5% incline

Kettlbell Workout 16kg

Turkish Get Up
1x8 each arm

Lunges
1x10 each leg

Swing
1x50

Clean and Press
1x15 each arm

Bw Push ups
1x40

Curls
1x10 each arm

Snatch
1x32 (16) each arm

Every thing felt really good. I am going to work up to 3 sets of this.

SeanW
08-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Here are my before pictures. Decided to post them. Help keep me accountable if people have seen them. Makes a person want to improve so next time I post there will be a difference

http://s855.photobucket.com/albums/ab117/Seanw123/?action=view&current=DSC00428.jpg
http://s855.photobucket.com/albums/ab117/Seanw123/?action=view&current=DSC00427.jpg
http://s855.photobucket.com/albums/ab117/Seanw123/?action=view&current=DSC00429.jpg

juan23
08-26-2009, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=SeanW;2199422]Here are my before pictures. Decided to post them. Help keep me accountable if people have seen them. Makes a person want to improve so next time I post there will be a difference

keep us posted on the progress man good luck

SeanW
08-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Didn't have any classes and didnt have to go to work today. I slept until 9 felt great but weird. Just had three meals so far, I will post back later tonight after I get them all and if I didn't cheat at all.

Cardio:
5 min warmup
15min intervals
5min cool down

I used to hate cardio, but I am kinda liking it now i think.

juan23
08-27-2009, 11:48 AM
i noticed you said you didnt have weights in your home, maybe you should try to strongman workouts thats what i do when i cant make it to the gym, i use an old heavy tire , a used truck wheel, and i have a keg thats half full of old beer but it gets the job done, that along with some old football workouts helps alot and keeps me feeling pumped just make sure you use proper form cuz those objects are sometimes hard to grip, but i can send you the workout if you want it , you can find heavy stuff around your home or maybe some of your friends have heavy stuff they dont want

just a suggestion

SeanW
08-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Juan23:Thanks for the responses, I hope you keep following along. I had a supper sweet set up where I used to live. A lot of nice things from Elite. Power bar, Bench, rack, glute ham raise, pullup dip stand. Really nice. But due to a lot of things I moved to the town where I got to school and I live in an apartment now, and am on the third floor.

I have a 16kg, 20kg, 24kg, and 32kg, Kettlebell. Going to buy a 28kg, and then a 36kg, then I will start buying duplicates. I feel like I am getting a good workout from these so far. 3 weeks from not I will go max out on my main three lifts and see what happens.

Here are some vids from my old log. Just wanted them in here for reference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU-2UKwu7r4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDm4PT-Ptio&feature=channel

juan23
08-27-2009, 05:29 PM
wow great setup man , i wish i had something like that at my house, we have alot of space and we have a pool and patio area but my dad wont let me put my as he calls it "junk" in any part of the house.

so i have to go to a gym , he has this wussy weider home gym but im maxing out the whole rack its not even a challenge.

keep it up man whatever works for you, the only thing i hate about home workouts is that once you get back to the gym you loose some strength

im probably going to save some cash and buy a olympic bar and some weights so i can at least do some power cleans and dead lift at home, im just like you im going to college and moneys tight

but as the saying goes

"its not how much you can lift, is how much you look like you can lift" if you saw my pics youd think im benching 400 and squatting 600 but im no where near those numbers well kinda my bench max was 335lbs but it could be better.

SeanW
08-28-2009, 08:45 PM
32kg kettlebell
Turkishgetup
1x1EA
1x2EA

Lunges
1x10 EL
1x5 EL

Clean and press
1x5 EA
1x5 EA