PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaur Dessert

muscled
08-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Take a can of sweetened condensed milk and drop it (unopened but with paper/label peeled off) into a pot of boiling water for 2 hours. Make sure the water stays above the top of the can. Set can aside with tongs and let er cool down. Then refrigerate over night.

The next day when you open the can you will have a very tasty paste that you can eat with a spoon or use in your oats. It is also very good if you mix it with some crushed walnuts and pecans, forming little nuggets. Eat with tea or coffee.

Got this from a Russian dinosaur (his secret supplement). I just tried it over the weekend. DELISH!

dynamo
08-25-2009, 05:42 PM
I wanna try it but I would fear the can exploding. what are the macros on a can of that stuff?

Clifford Gillmore
08-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Oh FFS, thats terrible! If you going have a dessert, how about something a little more quality? You can have a cheat meal, you can eat dirty, but GOD DAMN!!...

http://www.kingshawaiian.com/img/dessert.jpg
Sweetbread Pudding Parfait

dynamo
08-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Oh FFS, thats terrible! If you going have a dessert, how about something a little more quality? You can have a cheat meal, you can eat dirty, but GOD DAMN!!...

http://www.kingshawaiian.com/img/dessert.jpg
Sweetbread Pudding Parfait

well thats just overkill

Clifford Gillmore
08-25-2009, 07:08 PM
well thats just overkill

Food is the pinnacle of our lives, until you sit down and eat the best of the best you're simply attempting to fuel the human machine. Quality is of the utmost importance, be it your training, your lifestyle choice, your housing or your food. Aim as high as you can, budget not included ;)

dynamo
08-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Food is the pinnacle of our lives, until you sit down and eat the best of the best you're simply attempting to fuel the human machine. Quality is of the utmost importance, be it your training, your lifestyle choice, your housing or your food. Aim as high as you can, budget not included ;)

ahh, yes yes, i just fuel myself. I get made fun of at work bc I bring in cans of tuna open them at the sink drain them and eat them with a cup of water. I just never put much emphasis on quality beyond being quality protein (chicken and fish) fat (mono and polyunsaturated) or carbohydrate (complex ftw).

Clifford Gillmore
08-25-2009, 07:34 PM
I've been there, its a fine place to be until you start to want to enjoy things. As soon as you HAVE to eat like that, ie; Time constraints, children, budget. You'll start to wan't to enjoy things a little more, hell knows I've got my wife at work and my boy at day care and I've got the day off - I'm going to spend alot of it cooking!

muscled
08-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Risk, actually this stuff is really tasty.

As for fear of the can exploding, make sure it is submerged in water throughout.

muscled
08-28-2009, 08:13 AM
I boiled another can last night and let it refrigerate till I awoke this morning. Enjoying some spread on a nice homemade bagel right now. This stuff is so good, boys. You gotta try it!

lady79
10-16-2009, 03:30 PM
it is also known as DULCE DE LECHE a very yummy spainish/mexican dessert.

Skalami
10-20-2009, 08:25 AM
yeah i look at the view of just "fueling" your body as sprinting. I can only keep that up for a few months before i break down... better to do a long distance easier "jog" eating healthy foods with a little room in the middle for stuff i like... usually eaten at around 2pm.

machaf
10-20-2009, 11:28 AM
well I was going to try this until I saw the label...

Per can: 1300 cals/30g fat/220g carbs/30g protein

Cards
11-26-2009, 01:40 PM
I've been there, its a fine place to be until you start to want to enjoy things. As soon as you HAVE to eat like that, ie; Time constraints, children, budget. You'll start to wan't to enjoy things a little more, hell knows I've got my wife at work and my boy at day care and I've got the day off - I'm going to spend alot of it cooking!

I agree with this 100%, I'm not at the point in my life yet because I'm only 22, but there is something about good food that is a must. I've been cooking for years now because I grew up with an italian mother that did nothing but cook the best food for me. Now, I will not let other people cook because I know that it wont be up to my standards of food.

I can live with other things being sub par, but when it comes to food it has to be the best.