PDA

View Full Version : need a bit of help

juan23
08-25-2009, 07:46 PM
ok im at 323lbs im looking to lean down , i already got my diet narrowed down to what im gonna eat but i just want to get an idea of how much of it i actually need , how many calories should i be intaking daily ? ive read the articles and they really helped but i still dont get the counting calories thing

o i almost forgot and how much protein should i intake as well ?

should i just stick to the if its bigger than my palm dont eat it ?

cuz i want to diet im at the point of no return ill do whatever but i dont wanna spin my tires either.

whatever tips will be helpful :)

tom183
08-26-2009, 12:11 AM
ok im at 323lbs im looking to lean down , i already got my diet narrowed down to what im gonna eat but i just want to get an idea of how much of it i actually need , how many calories should i be intaking daily ?

You need to figure out your maintenance calories. Maintenance calories can only be observed. Use formulas and online calculators as a guide only.
Weigh yourself. Track how many calories you eat for 2 weeks using a website like www.fitday.com. Assuming your weight remained constant its pretty safe to say that you were eating at your maintenance level or pretty close to it. Subtract 20% from your maintenance calories, thats your new target for daily caloric intake.

o i almost forgot and how much protein should i intake as well ?

1g per pound of lean body mass would be a good starting point.

should i just stick to the if its bigger than my palm dont eat it ?

The calorie is king. Dont pay attention to foolish notions like this.

juan23
08-26-2009, 09:29 AM
thanks alot the website helped big time

Joe Black
08-27-2009, 03:26 AM
The Bulk of Cut article (http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/to-bulk-or-to-cut-that-is-the-question-or-is-it/) should help you out.

Daniel Roberts
08-27-2009, 04:24 AM
Have a read of the Bulk or Cut article, it will answer most, if not all of your questions, it is in line with the good advice given by tom183, and then feel free to ask me any questions.

juan23
08-27-2009, 09:01 AM
The Bulk of Cut article (http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/to-bulk-or-to-cut-that-is-the-question-or-is-it/) should help you out.

great article i missed that one but thanks

Have a read of the Bulk or Cut article, it will answer most, if not all of your questions, it is in line with the good advice given by tom183, and then feel free to ask me any questions.

ok now heres my questions on the link above (the calorie calculator) i put in my info and i set my goal at going down to 270 by december , now it stated in order to do that i had to only eat 2,800 calories a day (wich i am doing now) so is this right ? or should i follow the 270x16 method?

tom183
08-27-2009, 07:36 PM
ok now heres my questions on the link above (the calorie calculator) i put in my info and i set my goal at going down to 270 by december , now it stated in order to do that i had to only eat 2,800 calories a day (wich i am doing now) so is this right ? or should i follow the 270x16 method?

Neither. Use the website to track everything you eat over a two week period. Be very diligent. At the end of the 2 weeks figure out your daily average and then drop that number by no more than 20%.

juan23
08-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Neither. Use the website to track everything you eat over a two week period. Be very diligent. At the end of the 2 weeks figure out your daily average and then drop that number by no more than 20%.

ahh i see now thanks i think i got it now fellas thanks a million