PDA

View Full Version : updated pics guys , well what do you think of this 320pounder

juan23
08-25-2009, 08:27 PM
the last pics i posted where about a month old give or take, these are new

well tell me what you think , i seriously wish i had some before and afters ,its a nice difference well give me your opinions

speks are

6feet tall exactly
323lbs (want do drop to 270)

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn87/silveradoman06/IMAG0057.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn87/silveradoman06/IMAG0055.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn87/silveradoman06/IMAG0056.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn87/silveradoman06/IMAG0053.jpg

juan23
08-25-2009, 09:33 PM
tell me anything lol , what i really wanna know is if i look good for being over 300lbs ? i know ive got miles to go but i just wanna know

juan23
08-25-2009, 11:56 PM
ttt :)

cornmaster
08-26-2009, 12:58 AM
You're massive.
What is your Bench/squat/deadlift?

juan23
08-26-2009, 08:27 AM
You're massive.
What is your Bench/squat/deadlift?

i havent maxed out cuz i never have a spotter , basically ive just been increasing weight as i go along

im super weak in squat cuz im working on my form so i go light , until i get my form down ima go heavy

thanks for the feedback

jp2
08-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Looks like you got some good muscle under there, your going to be pretty buff if you drop about 60 lbs.....

juan23
08-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Looks like you got some good muscle under there, your going to be pretty buff if you drop about 60 lbs.....

i guess its good genes or i just did something right but ive had my chest like that since middle school, when everyone would listen to the coaches on how to bench , i would listen to my friends brother (trainer) i would hit the incline and bench hard and did alot of wide grip.

and yea right now my goal is to drop to 270 and depending on how i look ill stay there and build up more mass or if i still dont like it ill drop more weight

i dont think i look my weight so i think at 270 id be lean enough

Dallas J
08-26-2009, 07:21 PM
I think you're prime for some huge gains, just done be that heavy guy at the gym who thinks he needs to lift massive weights with 2" range of motion.

A friend of mine who was right at 300 and dropped to 240 used a lot of full body exercises with full range of motion (key IMO) and a moderate diet. Now he looks awesome. Youve got some beef already, so now work on toning it. Mix up the exercises and rep range, eat some greens and youll be awesome in no time.

juan23
08-26-2009, 08:13 PM
I think you're prime for some huge gains, just done be that heavy guy at the gym who thinks he needs to lift massive weights with 2" range of motion.

A friend of mine who was right at 300 and dropped to 240 used a lot of full body exercises with full range of motion (key IMO) and a moderate diet. Now he looks awesome. Youve got some beef already, so now work on toning it. Mix up the exercises and rep range, eat some greens and youll be awesome in no time.

if you look at my workout routin on my journal , i do at least 10 reps on every set and i do a full range of motion , i always touch my chest and i always go all the way up same goes for every workout so no i dont do massive weight just enough, and yea i started counting the calories so i should be dropping pounds in no time, ima post up updates every month to keep track of my progress and you guys can keep giving me pointers

thanks again for all the feedback i really appreciate it

Abe Froman
08-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Ok some helpful critique.

Clearly number 1 is that you have to drop a lot on your bodyfat %.

You have a some noticeable disproportions...Your shoulders are VERY small compared to your arms and the rest of your body. Almost as if your arms go right to your traps.

Your pecs are very poorly shaped and are also sagging. You're pushing moob status.

You got a lot of work ahead but first starts with diet...and you really need to develop those shoulders and chest. Good luck bruh!

juan23
08-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Ok some helpful critique.

Clearly number 1 is that you have to drop a lot on your bodyfat %.

You have a some noticeable disproportions...Your shoulders are VERY small compared to your arms and the rest of your body. Almost as if your arms go right to your traps.

Your pecs are very poorly shaped and are also sagging. You're pushing moob status.

You got a lot of work ahead but first starts with diet...and you really need to develop those shoulders and chest. Good luck bruh!

now thats what i wanted to hear thanks man , i recently started working more on my shoulders cuz my highschool coach told me the same thing, before i would only hit the shoulders lightly but now im doing a full shoulder workout

about the chest , it actually looks better than before so ima keep doing what im doing cuz its getting me results , i just dont have any before pics

and about the diet im barely starting that too , its tuff but your right i still got a long way to go

i just wanted to hear what i need work on , so i can have an i idea of wat to concentrate on.

i will post up progress pics every month and half or so just to keep track of my progress

Southern Beast
08-28-2009, 07:03 PM
I agree with Abe, but a positive note is that you carry that weight pretty well. At 6'0 and 300+, I've seen many a man look terrible at that size. Certainly hit the shoulders hard.

If you really do this right and cut down to 270 properly, you're going to look pretty damn solid. Good height and a great starting point. How's your back and legs?

juan23
08-29-2009, 10:36 PM
I agree with Abe, but a positive note is that you carry that weight pretty well. At 6'0 and 300+, I've seen many a man look terrible at that size. Certainly hit the shoulders hard.

If you really do this right and cut down to 270 properly, you're going to look pretty damn solid. Good height and a great starting point. How's your back and legs?

i was afraid youd ask about the legs lol but might as well

ok now on a positive note i dont look like a pine tree all uneven and stuff

my weight evens out everywhere so i have big legs , are they muscular? i guess you could say they are like my upper body the muscle is there but you can barely notice it lol the thing is im kinda embarrased to admit but i havent been working my lowerbody since highschool ended :( i actually barely got back on that horse this month , because i just didnt want to have a ripped upper body and a flabby lower body you know? i want to have a chest of steel and a butt to match ;)

my back needs work too , my lower back especially

if its one thing i regret is not doing lower body after highschool , i shouldve never stopped powercleaning or dead lift (i had great form and technique) as my coach would say , problem was that i hated it but now i love it, not cuz i want to love it but cuz i have to love it to get where i wanna get kinda like a one night stand you get pregnant , you dont want her part of your life but your pretty much stuck with her.

and yeah about carrying the weight well i dont know who to thank for that man cuz your right , my friend weighs 300lbs flat and he looks twice my size and not in a good way , to this day he says he wont believe i weigh more than him till i show him a scale.

thanks guys i take your opinions very serious and they do help me know what to work on.

Off Road
08-30-2009, 07:45 AM
You have a great attitude = you'll go far :thumbup:

Abe Froman
08-31-2009, 10:49 AM
You have a great attitude = you'll go far :thumbup:

Agreed.

I think when people post pics here sometimes posters sugarcoat the critique a little. Theres no harm in being straightfoward with someone because all thats gonna do is motivate them harder which in turn only HELPS them more. When i post a pic of what i need to work on, i want the truth in its rawest form.

juan23
08-31-2009, 07:21 PM
Agreed.

I think when people post pics here sometimes posters sugarcoat the critique a little. Theres no harm in being straightfoward with someone because all thats gonna do is motivate them harder which in turn only HELPS them more. When i post a pic of what i need to work on, i want the truth in its rawest form.

i agree with you man if i want to know what to work on and now that i know im working like an animal , because of that post yesterday i did upperbody and i beat on my shoulders like they owed me money

is the military press the best workout for shoulders or is there something else i can do ?? i did alot of military yesterday

NickAus
08-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Some people may not agree but I can tell you 100% in my case building my rear delts up really made my shoulders bigger and wider-I think you will find the same.
Of course still work presses and side raises.

BULK_BOY
08-31-2009, 09:51 PM
is the military press the best workout for shoulders or is there something else i can do ?? i did alot of military yesterday

Yes. Military Presses. Push Presses. One Arm DB Presses.

Keep up the great work! You'll be a Beast in no time. :thumbup:

juan23
08-31-2009, 11:41 PM
Yes. Military Presses. Push Presses. One Arm DB Presses.

Keep up the great work! You'll be a Beast in no time. :thumbup:

oh yeah beast is my goal

i know ill get there cuz i just wont give up, ive hit the gym against doctors orders when i had stitches , i dont let anything get in the way except when i have to babysit but even then i do pushups and i tell my niece to sit on my back

for a heavy guy i can do perfect pushups

BilltheButcher
09-01-2009, 07:50 AM
I would say your delts are out of whack with your arms and traps. But I am not sure if you want to be a BB or a PL.

Abe Froman
09-01-2009, 08:38 AM
Some people may not agree but I can tell you 100% in my case building my rear delts up really made my shoulders bigger and wider-I think you will find the same.
Of course still work presses and side raises.
I agree with this. I had a similar problem to Juan albeit not as dramatic...My shoulders were always lacking and I didn't really notice a big enough difference until I started really going hard on my rear delts.

And Juan, front raises, rear flies and dumbbell presses is the way to go.

juan23
09-01-2009, 10:10 AM
I would say your delts are out of whack with your arms and traps. But I am not sure if you want to be a BB or a PL.

yeah i want to be a BB so yea your right

I agree with this. I had a similar problem to Juan albeit not as dramatic...My shoulders were always lacking and I didn't really notice a big enough difference until I started really going hard on my rear delts.

And Juan, front raises, rear flies and dumbbell presses is the way to go.

what workouts can i do work the rear delts?

Abe Froman
09-01-2009, 11:19 AM
what workouts can i do work the rear delts?
For the most part, these are the 2 best things to do for rear delts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gneco6o-zj0&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVjcN8NwF8I

juan23
09-01-2009, 07:45 PM
For the most part, these are the 2 best things to do for rear delts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gneco6o-zj0&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVjcN8NwF8I

thanks yeah thats exactly what i did today i just asked one of the trainers at my gym and the guy was cool he showed what to do

i did the first one hard i did like 10sets

the second one i did 5 sets on the machine

and i did 6 sets of military

Titanium_Jim
09-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Not to disagree with anyone saying that your shoulders are weak compared to your arms, but you may notice, especially if you DO hit your delts hard over the cut, that as you drop fat, the size difference between your shoulders and arms may lessen a good bit. Arms can take a lot of fat, while shoulders generally do not, so the issue may just be that your shoulders are a bit leaner due to excess fat deposited on your arms.

As you learn more and start getting real serious into this, remember to gauge your progress by the mirror and NOT the scale. Muscle is more dense than fat, so you may find your weight go down very slowly or even increase, especially at first. Don't let it discourage you.

Keep reading and asking questions, stay consistent and lift hard, and you should be able to sculpt a massively impressive body.

Abe Froman
09-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Not to disagree with anyone saying that your shoulders are weak compared to your arms, but you may notice, especially if you DO hit your delts hard over the cut, that as you drop fat, the size difference between your shoulders and arms may lessen a good bit. Arms can take a lot of fat, while shoulders generally do not, so the issue may just be that your shoulders are a bit leaner due to excess fat deposited on your arms.

As you learn more and start getting real serious into this, remember to gauge your progress by the mirror and NOT the scale. Muscle is more dense than fat, so you may find your weight go down very slowly or even increase, especially at first. Don't let it discourage you.

Keep reading and asking questions, stay consistent and lift hard, and you should be able to sculpt a massively impressive body.
I can see what you're saying and you do have a point but in Juan's case its a combination of both... his delts are made to look even smaller by really big arms but his shoulders are still definitely small in comparison. No ifs ands or buts he has to hit those delts hard.

juan23
09-06-2009, 09:10 AM

i get what your saying and its a good thing you said it cuz i dont know what to think right now i was getting depressed cuz i weighed myself at the gym and it said i went up 8lbs , the weird thing is that everyone is telling me i look leaner and more toned , so did i gain 8lbs of muscle ?

I can see what you're saying and you do have a point but in Juan's case its a combination of both... his delts are made to look even smaller by really big arms but his shoulders are still definitely small in comparison. No ifs ands or buts he has to hit those delts hard.

man ive been hitting the shoulders hard like if they owed me money, i found some pretty great shoulder workouts on youtube and got some tips from trainers at my gym and im hitting them hard , im actually noticing them get firmer and i notice they bulge now when i flex they didnt before jeje , i cant believe i never noticed this

btw my next progess pics are gonna have a close up of my shoulders just for you abe :evillaugh:

thanks for the feedback once again guys dont worry i wont let you down its not in my nature:)

mmafighter170
09-13-2009, 12:35 PM
i get what your saying and its a good thing you said it cuz i dont know what to think right now i was getting depressed cuz i weighed myself at the gym and it said i went up 8lbs , the weird thing is that everyone is telling me i look leaner and more toned , so did i gain 8lbs of muscle ?

man ive been hitting the shoulders hard like if they owed me money, i found some pretty great shoulder workouts on youtube and got some tips from trainers at my gym and im hitting them hard , im actually noticing them get firmer and i notice they bulge now when i flex they didnt before jeje , i cant believe i never noticed this

btw my next progess pics are gonna have a close up of my shoulders just for you abe :evillaugh:

thanks for the feedback once again guys dont worry i wont let you down its not in my nature:)

great attitude! and yes this ia why i teel people when first starting out dont worry about scale weight because the weight fluctuation and muscle gains (which are heavier than fat) are sometimes a downer for some just realize its not easy to lean out or everone would look like us, LOL
good luck on the new you brother! cardio cardio cardio oh and some more cardio!

galileo
09-13-2009, 12:54 PM
I agree with Titanium_Jim. Once you lose a good bit of your excess fat, you will be able to better assess your deficiencies. Overall, you're holding 300lbs very well, but I'd definitely focus on a long, modestly paced cut to keep your size. Great potential.

juan23
09-13-2009, 10:14 PM
great attitude! and yes this ia why i teel people when first starting out dont worry about scale weight because the weight fluctuation and muscle gains (which are heavier than fat) are sometimes a downer for some just realize its not easy to lean out or everone would look like us, LOL
good luck on the new you brother! cardio cardio cardio oh and some more cardio!

i guess i should start cardio i was just boxing for a couple of minutes at the gym but ima start running and hitting the bike

I agree with Titanium_Jim. Once you lose a good bit of your excess fat, you will be able to better assess your deficiencies. Overall, you're holding 300lbs very well, but I'd definitely focus on a long, modestly paced cut to keep your size. Great potential.

yea thanks man , im trying to stay as heavy as possible and get lean as possible isnt that what we all want lol

a competing bodybuilder at my gym told me i have alot of potential when i told him how much i weighed , hes the one that told me to cut down to 270 or 260, right now i think that if i just went down to 300 pounds flat id be pretty solid but i wanna go to 270 for now cuz finding long sleeve shirts is a hassle they need to make bigger sleeves