PDA

View Full Version : Uggh stupid bodybuiledera

MarkM
08-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Begin rant:

I work with a guy who is a competitive bodybuilder, and while the guy is pretty big he honestly believes powerlingting is just an excuse to be fat and that Ronnie Coleman is stronger then every powerlifter and Olympic lifter ever. Stupid ass-shaving pretty boy.

End rant

dynamo
08-26-2009, 08:24 PM
tell him the circus freak was a powerlifter.

barbell01
08-26-2009, 08:26 PM
ronnie coleman is pretty strong, but i highly doubt this guy is anywhere near ronnies strength level so i don't see how that is relivant.

MarkM
08-26-2009, 08:27 PM
tell him the circus freak was a powerlifter.

He knows but he wholeheartedly insists that ronnie can squat, bench, dead lift, snatch and clean and jerk more then the world records

Brian Hopper
08-26-2009, 08:28 PM
I hate those kind of people!!! He has no idea what he is talking about.

juan23
08-26-2009, 08:29 PM
im no powerlifter but i have much respect for those guys cuz while pretty boys are looking in the mirror flexing their lifting weights, while pretty boy is shaving his chest their lifting weights , while pretty boy is getting a tan thier lifting weights

strength is their number one concern , marius pudzianowski is a new generation of powerlifter and well the man is a beast but they dont get judged on how good thier six pack looks

they dont care about toning,looks, or what people think all they care about is putting up numbers

women lie , men lie , number dont

slashkills
08-26-2009, 08:31 PM
women lie , men lie , number dont
sigged

great post

dynamo
08-26-2009, 08:37 PM
He knows but he wholeheartedly insists that ronnie can squat, bench, dead lift, snatch and clean and jerk more then the world records

hes also got the world record covered for highest steroid concentration in his blood. you do enough performance enhancing drugs you can be the best too.

juan23
08-26-2009, 08:38 PM
sigged

great post

i meant to put an S in the end of number

thanks

MarkM
08-26-2009, 08:41 PM
hes also got the world record covered for highest steroid concentration in his blood. you do enough performance enhancing drugs you can be the best too.

yes, but even with all those steriods, theres no way he can just walk into his gym, pick up 250 KG and decide to snatch it

Travis Bell
08-26-2009, 08:41 PM

People like that are impossible to argue with. They lack proper reasoning. They'll support their hero no matter what evidence is presented otherwise.

There is no way Ronnie could have pulled 900+lbs, benched 700+lbs and squatted 900+lbs (raw, in most of his videos, Ronnie is wearing gear)

Which I suppose you could ask him, if Ronnie was so strong, why did he wear a squat suit and DL suit in his videos?

I LOL'D at the clean and jerk thing. Aside from the chemical argument, I would be shocked to see Ronnie even be able to get into postion for proper execution of those lifts LOL.

It is frustrating to run into people like that though at the gym who seem to make small of your accomplishments as a lifter.

MarkM
08-26-2009, 08:44 PM
People like that are impossible to argue with. They lack proper reasoning. They'll support their hero no matter what evidence is presented otherwise.

There is no way Ronnie could have pulled 900+lbs, benched 700+lbs and squatted 900+lbs (raw, in most of his videos, Ronnie is wearing gear)

Which I suppose you could ask him, if Ronnie was so strong, why did he wear a squat suit and DL suit in his videos?

he thinks ronnies 805 squat and deadlift are worth more because he was 5 weeks out from the olympia

juan23
08-26-2009, 08:44 PM

I LOL'D at the clean and jerk thing. Aside from the chemical argument, I would be shocked to see Ronnie even be able to get into postion for proper execution of those lifts LOL.

It is frustrating to run into people like that though at the gym who seem to make small of your accomplishments as a lifter.

i agree with you man , i never put down anyone even the weakest kid in the gym i always encourage him and tell him that i was weaker than him at his age (not true) but you get it , just trying to boost his motivation

never discourage anyone making progress , no matter how slow

MarkM
08-26-2009, 08:45 PM
oh and also, according to said bodybuilder, powercleans are a wussy exercise

walkerxsan
08-26-2009, 09:02 PM
oh and also, according to said bodybuilder, powercleans are a wussy exercise

ha powercleans are the only thing i could do, i can only clean 90lbs without falling over.

Travis Bell
08-26-2009, 09:31 PM
he thinks ronnies 805 squat and deadlift are worth more because he was 5 weeks out from the olympia

hahaha

Wow. Your friend really is in deep with Ronnie

that said, those accomplishments are SUPER impressive. But to say they are more impressive than the WRs, not so much.

I guess what is impressive and what is not, is up to the eye of the beholder though

chris mason
08-26-2009, 09:33 PM

That is just an ignorant statement. Trust me when I tell you there are guys a lot smaller than Ronnie who use more drugs.

dynamo
08-26-2009, 09:36 PM
That is just an ignorant statement. Trust me when I tell you there are guys a lot smaller than Ronnie who use more drugs.

well thats unfortunate

chris mason
08-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Your friend is the true definition of ignorant.

We should not hate bodybuilders as they are our brothers in iron. Bodybuilders should not hate powerlifters for the same reason.

There are some VERY strong bodybuilders, stronger than all but the very best powerlifters. So, to discount bodybuilding as a pumper sport is also ignorant. Each discipline can learn from the other.

cphafner
08-26-2009, 09:43 PM

Totally wrong. Give you the same drugs and see where you are. You won't even win a local show. Ronnie has awesome genetics. Drugs aren't always the answer. Everyone has the same access to drugs, why don't more bber's look like Ronnie?

cphafner
08-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Your friend is the true definition of ignorant.

We should not hate bodybuilders as they are our brothers in iron. Bodybuilders should not hate powerlifters for the same reason.

There are some VERY strong bodybuilders, stronger than all but the very best powerlifters. So, to discount bodybuilding as a pumper sport is also ignorant. Each discipline can learn from the other.

Very true. Look at a guy like Johnnie Jackson. He's a beast of a deadlifter. You don't get as big as those guys without lifting some heavy weights.

dynamo
08-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Totally wrong. Give you the same drugs and see where you are. You won't even win a local show. Ronnie has awesome genetics. Drugs aren't always the answer. Everyone has the same access to drugs, why don't more bber's look like Ronnie?

well i would think that considering steroids are illegal that quality varies from supplier to supplier greatly, and on the mr olympia level i guess you could say they all have great genetics but regardless i would say the juice and his powerlifting background pretty much make him as big as he is. I mean you can look at cutler and feringo (current) and they're both huge too. I haven't done a side by side comparison but they're pretty big for their frames alot like ronnie.

juan23
08-26-2009, 09:58 PM
chill out guys we are all brothers of the iron as stated above

"it dont matter how you get to the pot of gold, as long as your beat the leprechaun to it" +++++dat doesnt make any sense "with this body it dont have to" -stewie griffin

NickAus
08-26-2009, 10:18 PM

WRONG, how many people use juice these days? LOTS!
That was a dumb thing to say!

Hazerboy
08-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Interview on t-nation with a respected "drug coach" in the bodybuilding game:

"TM: So is too much focus being placed on gear?

C: Way too much. It's like hard work and hard dieting has flown out the window. Guys nowadays would rather have cheat meals and take high dose T3 than just follow their diet and do the necessary cardio. Let me be straight by saying that is NOT how I approach things.

TM: It's not like we don't know this, but can we assume most aspiring pros you see are taking too much?

C: Absolutely. You can see it plain as day in their physiques. Guys who look bloated and lack density, like an over-inflated balloon. That's a sure sign of excessive dosages.

TM: Would you say then that it's a misconception that the pros are using much more than the amateurs?

C: Totally. Look, the pros are genetic freaks. If steroids never existed, they would still be the pros. One of the reasons that they are where they are is that they respond so much better than average person. To training, to diet...

TM: To drugs?

C: Absolutely. I was coaching a top amateur who just recently got his pro card. I was shocked at how little gear we needed. For his pro debut, we ran 1200mg of Testosterone Cypionate a week, some Equipoise, and some Dianabol. We ran that for 6 weeks, and then switched the Cypionate to 900mg of Testosterone Propionate for 6 weeks. That was it. For a pro show! And that was the most gear he had ever taken in his life. I have guys walking in my door taking more stuff preparing for a novice show. "

I just read the article so I was dying to post it XD

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/the_drug_coach

jp2
08-27-2009, 03:15 AM
The guy you work with is pretty damn ignorant. Ronnie is pretty damn strong though!

FvuCkPIqQQM

joey54
08-27-2009, 04:53 AM
Ronnie could have been a pretty decent powerlifter had he concentrated on that aspect of lifting. He chose to be the greatest Mr. Olympia ever instead, which seems like he made the right choice.

dynamo
08-27-2009, 06:23 AM
WRONG, how many people use juice these days? LOTS!
That was a dumb thing to say!

it was meant to be sarcastic...i had no idea so many people were so offended by not being pro steroid...

edit: i suppose since it took me just over a year of training to add 170 or so lbs to my bench and over 300 lbs to my squat and deadlift and about 9 months to gain about 60 lbs I just see no use for them. I certainly haven't hit my genetic potential but perhaps my tune will change in a few years when I am adding marshmallows to the bar in hopes of hitting new PR. Regardless I won't do them unless I am in a location where they are legal.

Davey
08-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Begin rant:

I work with a guy who is a competitive bodybuilder, and while the guy is pretty big he honestly believes powerlingting is just an excuse to be fat and that Ronnie Coleman is stronger then every powerlifter and Olympic lifter ever. Stupid ass-shaving pretty boy.

End rant

I don't know, I mean I sort of see what he's trying to say. Not about the lifting heavy to get big but about powerlifters. I know this isn't the case but it just seems like most PL don't care about their body appearance at all and are more concerned about lifting as much weight as possible while having as much of a BF % as possible.

NickAus
08-27-2009, 07:04 AM
it was meant to be sarcastic...i had no idea so many people were so offended by not being pro steroid...

Ok, I must have missed the sarcasm.
Just think he deserves a fair amount of respect for training very very hard and living the life you would have to live to be the best.
It's like if your good at any sport people just say "oh he/she is on steroids, it doesn't count".
Sure you can see my point, if you are the best you are the BEST.

Beverly McD.
08-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Not all those supers are fat. Garry Frank and Scot Mendelson are two that come to mind that have abs showing when they take off their shirt.

BigTallOx
08-27-2009, 01:35 PM
The stereotype of all powerlifters being fat just doesn't hold. Ed Coan sure doesn't look fat to me.

http://www.supertraininggym.com/images/300_POWERMag.COVER1A.jpg

brad cikana
08-27-2009, 01:45 PM

He never wore a deadlift suit. In all honesty, Ronnie Coleman would have been a hell of a powerlifter if he wanted. I think he made the right decision by focusing on bodybuilding because he did quite well financially. The comment about him being able to break the olympic lifting records is garbage.

MarkM
08-27-2009, 01:48 PM
He never wore a deadlift suit. In all honesty, Ronnie Coleman would have been a hell of a powerlifter if he wanted. I think he made the right decision by focusing on bodybuilding because he did quite well financially. The comment about him being able to break the olympic lifting records is garbage.

The apparent reason for him not having done so yet is that "olympic lifts are pansy stuff" :thumbup:

Beefcaker
08-28-2009, 01:00 AM
edit: i suppose since it took me just over a year of training to add 170 or so lbs to my bench and over 300 lbs to my squat and deadlift and about 9 months to gain about 60 lbs I just see no use for them. I certainly haven't hit my genetic potential but perhaps my tune will change in a few years when I am adding marshmallows to the bar in hopes of hitting new PR. Regardless I won't do them unless I am in a location where they are legal.

I'd like to know what kind of program you are using...

JSully
08-28-2009, 09:32 AM
wh-ikyBAQr8

show him this video and ask if Ronnie can do this..

JK1
08-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Begin rant:

End rant

Who cares? Tell him to **** off. Thats what I'd do.

JK1
08-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Who cares? Tell him to **** off. Thats what I'd do.

Seriously.... does his opinion really matter that much?

My Mom once told me the only opinions that matter are those of your mother, the woman crawl into bed with at night, your boss at work and most of all the Lord All Mighty above. Everyone elses isn't worth a ****....

Sometimes Mom made sense.