PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss/six pack diet

stltorres713
08-28-2009, 02:59 PM
I came across these forums not too long ago and have already found a ton of good info. I have a question though. First off I have lost about 80 pounds. I used to be 260 and now I am done to 180. I would like to get down to about 160. My height is 6'1 and I calculated my body fat percentage and it came out at about 17 (not sure if either of those are relevant or not). My daily food intake looks like the following:
8:00- whey protein with water and flax seed oil
9:00- handful of cashews
12:00- wheat tortilla with turkey, cheese, and mustard, and a few baked chips
3:00- 100 cal yogurt
6:00- chicken breast with BBQ sauce, and can of green beans with craisins (dried cranberries)
8:30- 1/3 cup of low fat cottage cheese

For exercise I do about 40 minutes of walking and then 15-20 minutes of stability ball exercise or exercises with dumbbells.
So far this has worked pretty well for weight loss, but I am not sure if this will help me attain a six pack. I have worked really hard to get where I am now, and I realize I still have a far way to go, but want to make sure that what I am doing will get me there. So if anyone has any suggestions about different foods/different workouts it would be very much appreciated. From what I have been reading it is really more about what you eat more so than how much working out you do (to get a six pack).

Unreal
08-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Post your macros? Calories, grams of fat/carbs/protein. Are you still losing weight? You going to want to lift weights if you want to maximize fat loss while minimizing muscle loss.

stltorres713
08-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Ok, I figured out all these as close as I could get them.
Calories- 1270
Grams of Fat- 35.5
Protein- 114
Carbs- 119

Also, I have still been losing weight, just not as rapidly as I had before. I know that is normal, but I feel like what I am doing now will just make me plateau, and not get down to where I want to be.

twm
08-28-2009, 07:00 PM
6'1 160lbs is way too small. you need to put muscle onto your frame so you actually have something to diet down to. you're lifting heavy right?

Yamar
08-28-2009, 08:56 PM
I highly recommend reading the article at the top of this page(to bulk or cut). Right off the bat I see you need to change both your training and your diet. For training just pick one of the cookie cutter routines from this website. WBB, BGB, or SS, it's easy just do the workouts. For diet, read that article, sit down and do the math, work out your diet and you'll be looking at 160 w/ 10% BF before you know it.

Nicky
08-31-2009, 10:06 AM
Are you sure you want to be 160 pounds at 6'1"?!?! That seems way too skinny. Im not tryin to bust your chops but that sounds like an anorexic tree.