PDA

View Full Version : Carb cycle questions

Invain
08-31-2009, 04:35 PM
I've been dieting all summer, and carb cycling the last 3+ weeks.

I've been following somewhat of a High carb/low carb/no carb template but I'm wondering if I should tweak a few things to get the most out of it. I was doing 2 refeeds a week on the high carb days, although one day wasn't really a true refeed, just higher than normal carbs to get me through to my true refeed on saturday.

The low carb days are pretty low, usually under 100 g carbs and on the no carb days I literally take in less than 20 g carbs.

I'm about 12% bf right now. I've read the lower you get the more often you should refeed. Should I up my carbs on my wednesday "high carb day?" Even though it's high carbs I still probably only take in 300 - 400 grams.

I do very well on low carbs, no problems with energy, etc. I actually hate eating carbs, they fill me up really fast. Can I push things a little more and do pretty much 4 - 5 no carb days a week with 2 refeeds?

I guess my main problem is, I hate refeeds/eating carbs in general because mentally it feels like I'm slowing my cut progress. If I could eat no carbs everyday of the week and get away with it I would. I know that's def. a terrible idea, but I'd like to know what the limits are.

cphafner
08-31-2009, 10:13 PM
Have you checked out the TNT diet on Men's Health? Sounds like it would be a good match for you.

joey54
09-01-2009, 06:31 PM
You could always check out Palumbo's low carb ideas.

Invain
09-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks guys.

I think I'm gonna try a CKD diet after I finish this week out.