PDA

View Full Version : Help Critique my calorie intake please!

benno
09-01-2009, 05:07 AM
Hi Lads,

First of all, thanks for viewing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Currently im about 200lbs, 6ft at about 15-16% BF. Late next year im looking to compete hopefully at in the 180-190lbs range at possibly 4-6% hopefully this is realistic? Over the next 8-10weeks im looking to put on as much size as possible but lean gains. So would me getting up too 210-215lbs be possible in this time period? Im looking at a clean bulk with maybe 1 or two cheat meals on the weekend but strict throughout the week. Im currently doing 30pounds in 30days ( See journal ) , but im in my third week then will be looking to go with Bill Starrs (5x5).

Supplements im using:

Creatine ( Creapure )
Dextrose
Maltodextrine
Beta Alanine
HMB Tablets
Protein Powder ( ON Complex Gainer and 100% Gold standard. )
Fish Oil Tablets ( 4-6 Caps Daily )

I used fitday for my first time today and came up with these macros.

M1:

2 Scoops of ON Whey /w 1 Cup of Whole Milk
1 Cup of Oatmeal /w 1 Cup of Whole Milk =

902Calories
28grams Fat
81.4grams Carbs
74.7grams Protein

M2:

3 Eggs fried
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
260g Baked beans
2 Pieces of Wholemeal Bread =

797Calories
36.1grams Fat
67.3grams Carbs
41grams Protein

M3:

Whey Complex Gainer /w 1 Cup of Whole Milk
Jarlsberg Cheese 60grams
Cheese, cottage, lowfat, 2% milkfat 100grams =

1119Calories
29grams Fat
103.6grams Carbs
100.4grams Protein

M4:

Turkey steak ( Roughly 800grams )
300grams Mixed Vegetables ( Carrot,Broc,Calliflower)

886Calories
1-2grams Fat
8grams Carbs
199.8grams Protein

M5:

2 Scoops of ON Whey /w 1 Cup of Whole Milk

419Calories
11.5grams Fat
21grams Carbs
56.3grams Protein

TOTALS: CALORIES 4,124, FAT 104.6, CARBS 281.3, PROTEIN 472.2

Calorie %'s

Protein (48%)
Carbs (28%)
Fat (24%)

Today is a rest day, meaning im probably looking to go more protein and less carbs since i wont be using the energy as much to a workout day. Workout days i will prob have 6-7 meals per day with more simple carbs like dextrose,maltodextrine in pre and post workout shakes. On workout days im sure i could probably get up to 4500-5000 Calories a day. Im looking to have starchy carbs in the morning, simple carbs pre/post meals and fibrous carbs like veges mainly at dinner. After the post meal im looking to minimize my carbs as much as possible since i wont be using that energy. Though on a workout day, the carbs and protein will be more 50/50 im assuming. I will have to calculate it tomorrow! Am i on the right track guys what do yous think? Feedback is greatly appreciated. My training and detication is not the probelm, i just want to get my eating down packed to maximise results!

Thanks alot once again!

Benno.

VikingWarlord
09-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Hi Lads,

First of all, thanks for viewing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Currently im about 200lbs, 6ft at about 15-16% BF. Late next year im looking to compete hopefully at in the 180-190lbs range at possibly 4-6% hopefully this is realistic? Over the next 8-10weeks im looking to put on as much size as possible but lean gains. So would me getting up too 210-215lbs be possible in this time period? Im looking at a clean bulk with maybe 1 or two cheat meals on the weekend but strict throughout the week. Im currently doing 30pounds in 30days ( See journal ) , but im in my third week then will be looking to go with Bill Starrs (5x5).

Gaining 10-15lbs in 10 weeks possible? Sure. You'd be DAMN lucky if half of that was muscle. You'd be fairly lucky if 1/3 of it was. This is, of course, unless you're on cycle and then it's more likely to be quality mass.

How far above your tracked maintenance is that intake? If it's more than about 20% above, expect to gain a pretty fair amount of fat. You will always gain fat with a bulk but keeping your intake only slightly above maintenance will limit how much.

Polish Hammer
09-01-2009, 08:35 AM
If your not competing til late next year,then why worry about what BF your gonna be at a specific weight now?And why stop at gaining only 15lbs more?Why are you looking at only 8-10 weeks to put on muscle if your contest is a year away?I would add as much weight needed to put the muscle on,then worry about a cut when you have to.I can tell you this,your projection of being 4-6 percent at 190lbs would mean youd have to add ALOT of muscle from where you are now.This will depend on whether your training drug-free or not as well.

benno
09-01-2009, 09:20 AM
If your not competing til late next year,then why worry about what BF your gonna be at a specific weight now?And why stop at gaining only 15lbs more?Why are you looking at only 8-10 weeks to put on muscle if your contest is a year away?I would add as much weight needed to put the muscle on,then worry about a cut when you have to.I can tell you this,your projection of being 4-6 percent at 190lbs would mean youd have to add ALOT of muscle from where you are now.This will depend on whether your training drug-free or not as well.

Would be drug free, maybe those figures are off.... Obviously i would like to gain as much as possible the 15lbs was just a realistic figure. Im looking to lean up a bit through summer, thought it would be a good experience for late next year? So when the time comes to cut for competition ill have more experience. Or you think just keep bulking? What are your thoughts? Hows my macros?

benno
09-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Gaining 10-15lbs in 10 weeks possible? Sure. You'd be DAMN lucky if half of that was muscle. You'd be fairly lucky if 1/3 of it was. This is, of course, unless you're on cycle and then it's more likely to be quality mass.

How far above your tracked maintenance is that intake? If it's more than about 20% above, expect to gain a pretty fair amount of fat. You will always gain fat with a bulk but keeping your intake only slightly above maintenance will limit how much.

Sorry viking, it would be drug free. Whats the best way to work out ur maintenance? Im pretty much working off 2lbs protein per lbs BW. So it totals up to be 20-21 calories per lbs BW, if im consuming 4200calories per day. Though on training days it will be higher from pre/post workout shakes, also the carb intake on those days will be higher. Thanks.

Polish Hammer
09-01-2009, 10:08 AM
I would bulk til at least next spring/early summer.Since your training natural,your gonna need the excess calories to add the muscle and move the heavy weights.Dont worry about how you look in the summer,only be concerned with how you look on stage.Look at the pro's.They look like alot of powerlifters in the offseason.Sometimes gaining 50lbs or more.Realistically speaking,your not gonna add a ton of new muscle in a year if your drug free.Just train hard,heavy,and smart.Use the contest as a learning experience and just show up in shape.As far as a breakdown of macros,dont be concerned with that.Everyone is different and assimilates nutrients differently.Just get in a good amount of protein,good carbs,and some fats.If you get too sloppy just add some light cardio.The mirror is your guide.

VikingWarlord
09-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Track what you eat for a month. If your weight doesn't move, take the average and you've figured out your maintenance.