PDA

View Full Version : Briefs

EatMyWay2TheTop
09-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Im looking for some type of briefs or powerpants, I've had problems with my groin in the past and I found wearing briefs was allowing me to train pain free but the ones I've had are too small now so Im looking for new ones. Keep in my mind Im not trying to add poundage just something that is pretty tight on the hips and groin area to stay healthy, any suggestions ?

Also Im considering getting knee sleeves, so feel free to share your experiences if you ever used some.

Thanks, Matt.

Lones Green
09-01-2009, 11:50 AM
I hear the power pants are good for support on the hips

I like the APT sleeves, the single ply ones

JSully
09-01-2009, 12:41 PM
I like the Rehband sleeves from JackalsGym.com

=Travis=
09-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm a fan of the Rehband sleeves but I only wear them to squat if I'm having pain or soreness. I do not wear them regularly.

Also, I wear the Inzer power pants to help protect the hips. I have real limited knowledge of briefs though and wear them because they were recomended to me by others as I didn't want anything too heavy, just simple hip protection.

JPanella
09-01-2009, 01:05 PM
If your just trying to protect your groin, try the single ply centurion boxer briefs. they are relatively cheap and will last. Get them a little loose and they don't give much but a little groin support.

Tom Mutaffis
09-01-2009, 01:11 PM
I have power pants, they seem to be good for a light support and the price is reasonable.

For knee sleeves your best bet would be Tommy Kono Sleeves. You can purchase them from APT and they are 5 mm thick neoprene. These sleeves will give you good support and warmth but are also comfortable enough to wear them for an entire workout. The price on these is also reasonable and a pair of the TK sleeves will run you around $40.

blownby
09-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Used the inzer power pants to heal a groin injury as well. They work awesome and are cheap...

mastermonster
09-02-2009, 10:26 PM
If your just trying to protect your groin, try the single ply centurion boxer briefs. they are relatively cheap and will last. Get them a little loose and they don't give much but a little groin support.

I've used the powerpants in the past and now use Titan Centurion Boxers and Boss Boxers (depending if I'm doing multi or single meet). Comparing the difference in the powerpants to the Centurions...I think the powerpants were barely worth the trouble of getting them on for the carry-over. The Titans are (to me) more comfortable in the leg bands and I get a lot more support and pounds out of them. At least 50-60 more pounds. And as mentioned, they last a long time. You'll definately get your money's worth before you wear them out...if you ever do.

=Travis=
09-03-2009, 08:00 AM
But the OP said he's not trying to add pounds with the briefs, just injury protection

Brian Hopper
09-03-2009, 09:44 AM
I have never worn any inzer briefs before. So I can only recommend getting just a single ply pair of briefs from Titan. You can call Ken Anderson and explain your situation to him and I'm sure he can hook you up with what you need.

mastermonster
09-04-2009, 10:28 PM
But the OP said he's not trying to add pounds with the briefs, just injury protection

If you're going to spend the money, why not get the best of both.

dammstrate
09-05-2009, 07:24 AM
If you just want hip support/injury protection (i.e. raw plus a little support) then the high end stuff might be too much (Predators, Metal, Titan) unless
you get them super loose, then you will not have much support.

1 - single or double powerpants from Inzer, they use the old stetchy material
but some people don't like how the lock/clamp the leg
2 - poly briefs from Frantz (my choice), get them tight as they are pretty
stretchy, and don't clamp the leg like the powerpants do

theBarzeen
09-07-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm with dammstrate here...... call Frantz and order up a set of double ply briefs...... they protect the hips and groin, but have a really forgiving groove.....

chris mason
09-07-2009, 09:04 PM
I tried a pair of Inzer briefs today while doing some pulling. I had a small tear of my right glute about 2 weeks ago and the briefs definitely seemed to help. I was able to pull pretty well.