PDA

View Full Version : Integration of 5/3/1 and complexes

geoffsherman
09-01-2009, 05:10 PM
I am looking for some variations on the cardio I do. I don't have access to a Prowler or Hills so I was thinking of incorporating complexes 1-2 times a week. My only concern is that I do a 4-day a week 5/3/1 so I wasn't sure if 4 days of weights and 1-2 days of light complexes was too much. Thoughts?

jbrin0tk
09-01-2009, 05:28 PM
I am looking for some variations on the cardio I do. I don't have access to a Prowler or Hills so I was thinking of incorporating complexes 1-2 times a week. My only concern is that I do a 4-day a week 5/3/1 so I wasn't sure if 4 days of weights and 1-2 days of light complexes was too much. Thoughts?

Geoff, you could do some complexes after your main weight work. Do your main lift, your usual accessory work, and then do the complexes. I think that would be a good way to go.

sayagain
09-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Geoff, you could do some complexes after your main weight work. Do your main lift, your usual accessory work, and then do the complexes. I think that would be a good way to go.

I agree. that way you would still have days off to rest and recuperate. I do a 4 day a week westside template and do complexes on my lower days. On my upper days I will occasionally do some medicine ball throws. Complexes can be tough, but they have really helped with my conditioning and work capacity.