PDA

View Full Version : Turqouise bands, WTF

SEOINAGE
09-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Ordered some average green bands from jumpstretch, and they sent me bands by Hedstrom, feel about the same, but wtf, order something from a company and they send me a different companies product? I imagine jumpstretch is outsourcing manufacturing and don't produce bands anymore? same thing with my mini bands, some butt ugly color. Shouldn't concern me but meh.

Travis Bell
09-02-2009, 02:46 PM
did you buy them direct from JumpStretch?

SEOINAGE
09-02-2009, 02:58 PM
yeah cause it was cheaper than elitefts, and they had been out of stock for a while

Travis Bell
09-02-2009, 03:55 PM
yeah cause it was cheaper than elitefts, and they had been out of stock for a while

That is quite odd. never had that issue before.

KarlMarx
09-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Glad I got mine earlier then....What color mini's did they send you? But really the issue is quality. A lot of bands will snap (my friend did a rear delt pull apart on a pilates band and snapped it first try! She was bummed!). Hopefully this brand makes good bands, I have pretty good confidence in my jumpstretch bands that short of anything absolutely ridiculous, they will hold together.

I can imagine bad things from an average band snapping halfway through a squat.

SEOINAGE
09-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Glad I got mine earlier then....What color mini's did they send you? But really the issue is quality. A lot of bands will snap (my friend did a rear delt pull apart on a pilates band and snapped it first try! She was bummed!). Hopefully this brand makes good bands, I have pretty good confidence in my jumpstretch bands that short of anything absolutely ridiculous, they will hold together.

I can imagine bad things from an average band snapping halfway through a squat.

No kidding, and I figured I could trust jump stretch, maybe I should call them and ask why they didn't send me actual jumpstretch bands. The minis are like yellowish green almost non colored.

Brian Hopper
09-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Damn, that sucks!!!

SEOINAGE
09-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Ok I called just to make sure. They are actually manufactured by jump stretch but because they could not meet demand they bought back some of the bands they had created for hedstrom, hedstrom had them put their logo on it and make their own colors, so quality should be the same, and it should be the same basic band. So no killing myself on squats.

Lones Green
09-02-2009, 05:05 PM
No kidding, and I figured I could trust jump stretch, maybe I should call them and ask why they didn't send me actual jumpstretch bands. The minis are like yellowish green almost non colored.

I've seen these before, they seemed to hold up fine

BigTallOx
09-02-2009, 05:18 PM
The minis are like yellowish green almost non colored.

I've been told that the minis are basically cut off extras when making other bands, and thus they can be just about any color.

Darracq
09-06-2009, 03:36 PM
I know iron woody sucks now, I got a set of the blue bands and then tension is 10-15 pounds different between them, i cant even use them it throws me off so bad. They said they were going to replace one but they never did, just letter people know about them. They used to take care of me but now they suck.

robchris
09-06-2009, 04:02 PM
I buy all my bands from HOP (house of pain)

Never had any problems w/ them...

Jonah
09-06-2009, 04:05 PM
turquoise is, however, a pretty color

KarlMarx
09-06-2009, 08:25 PM
turquoise is, however, a pretty color

Indubitably.

Clifford Gillmore
09-06-2009, 09:38 PM
I know iron woody sucks now, I got a set of the blue bands and then tension is 10-15 pounds different between them, i cant even use them it throws me off so bad. They said they were going to replace one but they never did, just letter people know about them. They used to take care of me but now they suck.

I had a full set from Iron Woody that lasted for years before they were stolen, I think they were great.

Darracq
09-07-2009, 02:59 PM
I had a full set from Iron Woody that lasted for years before they were stolen, I think they were great.

My first set was great also. But things have gone down hill it seems

bald bull
09-07-2009, 03:01 PM
i stick with Elite Fitness Systems when ordering bands.

allan3
09-07-2009, 03:11 PM
i stick with Elite Fitness Systems when ordering bands.

me 2. efs is awesome. great service over there.

bald bull
09-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Ya their service is good there. I just ordered some board presses from them.
me 2. efs is awesome. great service over there.

allan3
09-07-2009, 10:41 PM
the board press boards are bad azz for sure!!! i really like their website!! great service and a wide selection of stuff i REALLY WANT.