View Full Version : Stan Efferding - Calling JOJ

Travis Bell
09-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Great video, I love Stan's attitude

One SERIOUSLY strong dude. Amazing

nSIYgrocNfc

Brian Hopper
09-03-2009, 07:38 AM
That is an awesome video, his attitude is amazing!!!!!

Brian C
09-03-2009, 07:47 AM
HAHA great vid. Whoever wins should step up and face Stan. Cant claim to be the best when Stan has some solid proof in this vid..

Pete22
09-03-2009, 07:47 AM
This is great. I'm pumped to see them go head to head, even though it's not happening (yet). Powerlifting probably won't ever be mainstream, but it's stuff like this that adds some excitement and fun that might appeal to a larger audience.

chris mason
09-03-2009, 07:55 AM
Lol, he is a beast to be sure! Needs a little work on his acting skills, but good stuff!

Does anyone have his contact information?

=Travis=
09-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Awesome Stan

joey54
09-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Amazing.

Travis Bell
09-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Lol, he is a beast to be sure! Needs a little work on his acting skills, but good stuff!

Does anyone have his contact information?

Mark will hook you up, just email him

sayagain
09-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Haha, that was great

Lones Green
09-03-2009, 08:42 AM
That was an awesome video, looks like a really cool guy to be around/train with

That second 800 squat was deep as hell.

Johnnie who?

Morgan McPherson
09-03-2009, 10:00 AM
I love the music playing in the background, classic. And I agree that it is challenges like this that will bring the most attention to powerlifting. Once people start caring about who is the strongest person, not just the most sculpted, powerlifting automatically gains new fans and participants.

siuecougar
09-03-2009, 10:20 AM
that's awesome. ahahah.

Clifford Gillmore
09-03-2009, 01:55 PM
I was talking about him the otherday with a strongman, and the guy was just in awe of him. Respect!

DGabe24
09-03-2009, 04:16 PM
They're scared.

Haha awesome video. I think stuff like this is great for the sport.

yasher
09-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Awesome video!

When Stan's squatting, what's that contraption they're using? Is that the monolift I've seen referenced here and there? Whatever it is, it's pretty neat looking.

sayagain
09-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Yes, that contraption is a monolift.

allan3
09-03-2009, 05:31 PM
i live in sacramento, and have seen stan lift in person. i have NEVER seen someone as strong as stan. EVER.

sobrinoc
09-03-2009, 05:48 PM
You know why this is great for the sport? Because it shows powerlifting for what it truly is: the greatest pissing contest in the history of mankind. Every die hard powerlifter from the greatest pro to the average chump lifts so he can beat someone else. You might squat, bench and pull like a mother****er in your garage, but you're not a powerlifter till you get on that platform and put it on the line to see if you can beat someone. It's a shame feuds and competition seems to be between feds and judges these days. They don't produce anything but bad blood and egos. Feuds and competition between lifters breed numbers that make our balls drop. Well at least those are my $0.02.

"Los numeros hablan por si solo!" = "Numbers speak for themselves."

chris mason
09-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Sob, I have no clue what you are trying to say there???

sobrinoc
09-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Chris,

I'm just trying to say that I find refreshing to have a lifter call out another lifter and actually demand competition. That's what a sport is about, competing against out athletes to win. In powerlifting you win by proving you were a stronger lifter the day of the meet. I think that attitude is only held by a few lifters, while the overall discourse revolves around inter federation feuds instead of lifters beating each other.

Hazerboy
09-03-2009, 10:50 PM
HAH! I love it! That was great. It will be interesting to see how johnny responds to this.

Clifford Gillmore
09-03-2009, 11:55 PM
HAH! I love it! That was great. It will be interesting to see how johnny responds to this.

Probally no response at all.

LuNa
09-04-2009, 02:19 AM
AKA The Rhyno, no ****ing ****, that guy is huge. Really cool video :).

chris mason
09-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Chris,

I'm just trying to say that I find refreshing to have a lifter call out another lifter and actually demand competition. That's what a sport is about, competing against out athletes to win. In powerlifting you win by proving you were a stronger lifter the day of the meet. I think that attitude is only held by a few lifters, while the overall discourse revolves around inter federation feuds instead of lifters beating each other.

Ok, that was much clearer. :thumbup:

Tom Mutaffis
09-05-2009, 06:58 AM
Very strong guy, no doubt about that. It seemed like he was calling out Ronnie Coleman more than Johnnie or Ben White though - those were the videos that he was comparing himself to (other than the deadlift).

I've never heard of Ben White up until this contest, but people have said that he has a huge RAW bench as well.

Being that Ronnie has achieved so much more in bodybuilding than Stan I don't know that it is fair to compare the two, and Ronnie was definitely stronger in some lifts that he did not show. I am stronger than Arnold, Franco, Zane, and other legendary bodybuilders - but I would't call them out. Bodybuilders train for the look, and Johnnie also appears to have a more impressive physique than Stan does despite being a respectable powerlifter.

Stan has a good mix of strength / size, but to me it appears that he is more of a powerlifter turned bodybuilder. Since he can't hang with some of the top guys on the bodybuilding stage (hypothetically) he has decided to call them out in another sport. It would be like me saying that I am the strongest chess playing strongman, it is adding in an unrelated variable.

I like his confidence and he is definitely one of the strongest raw lifters that I have seen... looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers Stan posts in the meet. He is definitely making a name for himself out there which I am sure is the overall objective.

Travis Bell
09-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Well where he's comming from is the competition held at the Olympia between Johnnie and Ben is to determine the worlds strongest pro bodybuilder.

Stan is a IFBB pro.

So even though you or me are stronger than Arnold or whomever, we aren't IFBB pros (me being much farther away from that than you are LOL)

I was told that the Ronnie clips were used because those were what Ronnie put out there as his strongest lifts on video and Ronnie always claimed to be the worlds strongest bodybuilder, so that's why the comparison.

Ben White and JOJ have a bit of a personal issue that's been going on for a few years now, that's why this is going on between the two of these guys

chris mason
09-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Ben has always been a trash talker. He does have a great raw bench (I think 605 in a contest). He has not done well as a pro, at least relative to the way he talked in the magazines etc. I don't think he and Jackson really have a feud other than that created by those promoting this event. Jackson is billed by MuscleTech as the world's strongest bodybuilder and supposedly Jackson takes exception to that.

Stan strikes me as just trying to get into the mix. He won a pro card and is incredibly strong. I understand him wanting to be in the meet.

Pete22
09-05-2009, 10:05 AM
I am stronger than Arnold, Franco, Zane, and other legendary bodybuilders

Tom, you're a beast no doubt, but Franco was pretty damn strong. He benched 525 raw, squatted 665, and deadlifted 710 at 185lbs IIRC.

Clifford Gillmore
09-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Tom, you're a beast no doubt, but Franco was pretty damn strong. He benched 525 raw, squatted 665, and deadlifted 710 at 185lbs IIRC.

But he did not do a 1000lbs tire flip. All relative, but Toms point still sticks.

Besides I'm still the only guy here to lift a cow. Beat that.

Pete22
09-05-2009, 02:47 PM
But he did not do a 1000lbs tire flip. All relative, but Toms point still sticks.

How? JOJ is a powerlifter, and competes as one... as dose Stan. Therefore, he is calling him out in the sport he competes in. Franco, Arnold, etc. were never strongmen. It's not about relative comparisons, it's about two competitors competing head to head in the sports they train for.

Bohizzle
09-05-2009, 04:04 PM
How? JOJ is a powerlifter, and competes as one... as dose Stan. Therefore, he is calling him out in the sport he competes in. Franco, Arnold, etc. were never strongmen. It's not about relative comparisons, it's about two competitors competing head to head in the sports they train for.

I believe Franco and Arnold both competed in some strongman competitions. I believe Franco broke his leg while carrying a fridge. Or something like that lol. I read about it a while ago.

Andrew

SGT ROCK
09-05-2009, 05:30 PM
STAN is the real deal bros. LOOK AT THOSE DEEP SQUATS, thats how it should be, deep enough where you dont have to wonder, clean solid lifts. All three lifts are just awesome. I give you much respect Stan. I hope you get your shot to prove it.

Semper Fi

robchris
09-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Stan is a beast!!! Definitely hardcore.

He could really do some damage w/ the right gear & training if he choose to PL exclusively...

joey54
09-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Stan is a beast!!! Definitely hardcore.

He could really do some damage w/ the right gear & training if he choose to PL exclusively...

He is doing some real damage powerlifting as it is.

mastermonster
09-07-2009, 01:08 PM
You know why this is great for the sport? Because it shows powerlifting for what it truly is: the greatest pissing contest in the history of mankind. Every die hard powerlifter from the greatest pro to the average chump lifts so he can beat someone else. You might squat, bench and pull like a mother****er in your garage, but you're not a powerlifter till you get on that platform and put it on the line to see if you can beat someone. It's a shame feuds and competition seems to be between feds and judges these days. They don't produce anything but bad blood and egos. Feuds and competition between lifters breed numbers that make our balls drop. Well at least those are my $0.02.

"Los numeros hablan por si solo!" = "Numbers speak for themselves."

Gotta' agree here pretty much. It's at the most primal of the human core. What do we do by nature...show off! Our caveman ancesters probably showed off for the rights to the prettiest cavegirls by seeing who could lift the biggest rock! You can't deny it. It's what we are if you look back at our distant roots. I bet the cavemen even did a little smack talk during the challenge too!

I like this guy Stan! And the smack talk was done in a classy way. Like an old world challenge...throwing down the gaunlet! Let's see if either of them pick it up! I agree that when it's done right; this can be good for the sport!

Tom Mutaffis
09-08-2009, 09:42 AM
I am glad that Stan is creating some hype, and he does deserve it. When I posted up the video of his incline dumbell press about a month ago I had never heard of him - but to see what he has achieved in powerlifting / bodybuilding is impressive.

Looking forward to seeing the results of the contest at the Olympia, and then seeing how Stan responds.