PDA

View Full Version : My 1st session review of the Titan Velocity!

mastermonster
09-03-2009, 09:31 PM
I've got two words to say about this suit...GET ONE!!!! I've hardly pulled at all getting ready for this meet on the 12th. I've babied my right bicep since injuring it in April and the few times I've pulled have shown it! A couple of time I even missed at 500! I got the suit in today and took it to the gym for one last DL session and prayed it would be as good as Ken Anderson said it would be. IT WAS! It's a 46 and I was worried that it might be hard to get on in that small of a size. It wasn't. It went on easier than my 46 centurion briefs. Started straps down with 225 and was supprized how easy I got down and setup. It worried me that I might not get that much out of it. I didn't need to worry! 225 snapped up, as did 315 and 405. I pulled the straps up and they were pretty snug but comfortable enough. 500 on the bar and again I was supprized at how easily I got into perfect starting position with the straps up. 500 snapped up super fast! One more pull at 550 (plan to open at 551) went up fast and solid as a rock! I didn't want to stop but the meet is less than a week and a half away and I just wanted to get confident with where to open. I'm looking much more forward to my DLs at the meet than I was yesterday! Thanks for the advice Ken!

mattdunkin
09-04-2009, 03:17 AM
Thanks for the post,Buddy.I've been really wanting to hear some feedback on this suit.I've always pulled with just a singlet and old Groove Briefs in comp and am really thinking of trying this suit out to bump me up to the mid to high 7's in my next meet,but have always pulled conventional and never felt any dl suit warranted spending the cash for a conv puller other than maybe the old Marathons, but from what I've heard this suit is the real deal.Keep us posted.

Brian Hopper
09-04-2009, 06:09 AM
I have heard alot of good things about this suit, and I am looking forward to getting one in the future.

Mastermonster, do you have the Velcro straps?

Brian C
09-04-2009, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the review. I'm in the market now for a suit and have been thinking hard about the velocity.

Zak Freiwald
09-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Buddy- how would you compare it to the Fusion suits or the Metal DL suits? I remember people trumpeting about what hot **** the Inzer Fusion suits were when they came out. I tried one and it seemed like nothign more than so-so single squat suit.

dammstrate
09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
My wife Debbie uses one when she lifts WABDL (415 at 148M2), and likes it alot. Better single ply than a TRX. Get it modded with velcro straps for best
adjustment.

dgunnermuro
09-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the post,Buddy.I've been really wanting to hear some feedback on this suit.I've always pulled with just a singlet and old Groove Briefs in comp and am really thinking of trying this suit out to bump me up to the mid to high 7's in my next meet,but have always pulled conventional and never felt any dl suit warranted spending the cash for a conv puller other than maybe the old Marathons, but from what I've heard this suit is the real deal.Keep us posted.

If $$ is a concern, try finding a used/older version of the Titan Centurion and have it altered. The Velocity feels a lot like the old Centurions. I get alterations done at a shoe repair shop for $4 a pop. Usually, tightening the straps is good enough, but sometimes I've tightened the hips depending on bodyweight.

Zak Freiwald
09-04-2009, 12:57 PM
If $$ is a concern, try finding a used/older version of the Titan Centurion and have it altered. The Velocity feels a lot like the old Centurions. I get alterations done at a shoe repair shop for $4 a pop. Usually, tightening the straps is good enough, but sometimes I've tightened the hips depending on bodyweight.

That's kind of what I was afraid of. I have an old Centurion I bust out for training pulls sometimes. It's better than nothing. But I wouldn't call it a good DL suit- at least not for a conventional puller.

Brian Hopper
09-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Is it true that the Velocity is almost cut like the Super Centurion?

mastermonster
09-04-2009, 09:49 PM
I have heard alot of good things about this suit, and I am looking forward to getting one in the future.

Mastermonster, do you have the Velcro straps?

I got it with fixxed straps to be legal in the single ply division.

mastermonster
09-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Buddy- how would you compare it to the Fusion suits or the Metal DL suits? I remember people trumpeting about what hot **** the Inzer Fusion suits were when they came out. I tried one and it seemed like nothign more than so-so single squat suit.

Sorry Zak, but I've never used either suit.

mastermonster
09-04-2009, 10:09 PM
That's kind of what I was afraid of. I have an old Centurion I bust out for training pulls sometimes. It's better than nothing. But I wouldn't call it a good DL suit- at least not for a conventional puller.

I've used a Centurion for the last 2 meets because I've never found a DL suit that I really liked. It was a little tough to get set up in but worked better than want I'd used (Max DL and the old Titan DL suit). The velocity looks to be cut maybe a little lower in the back scoop. If I remember right, Ken said it's made with Katana material in the front and back panel for support and the regular NXG material in the side panels to give some flex for getting down to the bar easier. It definately had more flex than the Super Centurion. I got down easier with the 46 fixed strap (stock) velocity than in the 48 velcro strap Centurion. It is definately a different feel. I never wore a Marathon, but I felt the same type of spring off the floor that I heard so many people talk about that used it. P.S. I pull conventional.

robchris
09-06-2009, 05:22 PM
MM,
Definitely a great suit... I got 30+lbs. out of mine the first time I used it! Good pop off the floor!