PDA

View Full Version : What vegetables to eat and when?

Aslin
09-04-2009, 06:59 AM
I'm unsure of what veg i should be eating at what time throughout the day...

Currently i have broccoli and green beans with my two chicken breasts about an hour post workout.

thanks, Matt

sharkall2003
09-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Eat green veggies whenever and as much as you'd like. They're great for digestion, lost of good nutrients, and are a safe source of carbohydrates.

If you consider beans a vegetable....some just consider them beans....
If so, I would have one or two servings a day, depending on your needs. They have lots of fiber and tons of carbohydrates.

You can also eat carrots and other bright colored vegetables.

I, personally, limit the amount of potatoes I eat, but that's because they have very little nutritional value.

Aslin
09-04-2009, 07:07 AM
hey mate. thanks, sorry it was a bit of a ****ty question.

bodyforum1
09-12-2009, 05:10 AM
i like to eat a lot of vegetables all the day long...

specially the green ones, and along with them having a lot of pulses also helps as they are a very good source of proteins...

i'd also suggest you to avoid potatoes as they wont help the purpose...

thanks..

LuNa
09-12-2009, 05:13 PM
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46565

digitaldream
09-14-2009, 01:14 PM
vegetable that rich in fiver is good for diet.

bodyforum1
09-26-2009, 12:19 AM
vegetable that rich in fiver is good for diet.

well made point pal..

Off Road
09-26-2009, 06:51 AM
I love veggies. Brussel Sprouts are my favorite. I almost always get five servings throughout the day (lunch and dinner). I also try to mix up what vegetables I eat, I don't just stick to one or two kinds. I'd get tired of eating broccoli all the time. I mostly eat brussel sprouts, green beans, peas, spinich, broccoli, colli flower, carrots, celeri, and peppers. But, I'll eat just about any vegetable thrown at me as long as it's not squash...I hate squash.

If anybody has a different veggie they like, besides the ones I listed, let me know. I'm always up for trying new veggies. They go very well with a big steak.

VikingWarlord
09-26-2009, 09:44 AM
I eat as many as I can. Peas, carrots, corn, and potatoes tend to be starchy and so I don't eat them often (except corn on the cob...oh god...) but pretty much anything else is going to be really good and pretty much free foods in that they hold a lot of micronutrients but not many macronutrients, generally speaking. A big green salad is only going to set you back about 20-30 calories but provide you with vitamins, minerals, and lots of fiber.