PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter: Natural Or Brand Name

chromium6
04-23-2002, 04:42 PM
I was wondering what you guys preffer when it comes to peanut butter. Natural or Processed??? I currently eat natural, for the protein. But the taste is not as good as Skippy or JIF. Just kinda of an opinion thread. What do you guys preffer.

Allie
04-23-2002, 05:05 PM
I'm a Peter Pan (creamy) kinda girl. It's the only kind we have ever had in our house

BCC
04-23-2002, 05:18 PM
I don't know why the hell anyone interested in health or fitness would eat processed.

Allie
04-23-2002, 05:28 PM
Because I am VERY picky about what I eat, I mean come on it's not like I eat a ton of it

zackdarnell
04-23-2002, 05:44 PM
i go natural PB all the way. Smucker's natural is very good. Kroger makes a god natural peanut butter too.

Jane
04-23-2002, 05:49 PM
chromium, I think you're going to find that the majority here eats natural pb.
Actually, I suggest you do too, exclusively. It's much better for you.

MWB
04-23-2002, 06:13 PM
You can add a little splenda to the natural pb to make it taste like skippy. Just don't go nuts with it(no pun intended)

IceRgrrl
04-24-2002, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by MWB
You can add a little splenda to the natural pb to make it taste like skippy. Just don't go nuts with it(no pun intended)

*groan* That WAS really bad, MWB.... ;)

I like the natural peanut butter...less junk in it and tastes more like peanuts.

gino
04-24-2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
I don't know why the hell anyone interested in health or fitness would eat processed.

If you're not eating a LOT of PB, don't worry about what kind you use. Like I've said before, compare the stats sometime - you'll be surprised to see that the stats are nearly identical between natty and "processed" PB. Protein is the same, carbs the same, and fat the same... The only difference may be the breakdown of the types of fat in the PB - which would only make a difference if you ate a LOT of it. If you're only haveing a tablespoon or two a day, I'd say go with what tastes better. Just my opinion.

Kromax
04-25-2002, 04:51 AM
Personally, I like soy butter or almond butter better.