PDA

View Full Version : New PB box squat in BOSS briefs and thanks!

martin
09-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Hey, just got back from my training today breaking in my new Boss briefs.

Took the advice from a few guys on here about my squat, turning toes out more and driving knees out and it felt good.

My old best was around 670 in single ply briefs and weak wraps, hit 804lbs today but in the new Boss briefs and change of stance. Thats only 33 lbs less than my fully suited and proper wraps. 900+ here I come! :)

So just wanted to say thankyou to those who gave me help - Travis, Sensei, Chris Rodgers and a few others.

Martin

Travis Bell
09-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Wow! That's quite a PR. Nice work man

martin
09-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Wow! That's quite a PR. Nice work man

Cheers. To be fair the 670 I did twice and wasn't 100% of my limit but not far off at least.

After your advice I made some platforms to stand on in the rack I train in so I can go wider and turn my toes out and sit back better. Worked like a dream. I still need to get used to pushing hard under heavy squats though.

So again, thanks. I'm getting more and more confident I should go for 900 in the WPC worlds in 11 weeks time.

Martin

Brian Hopper
09-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Congrats on the PR, that is a heck of a box squat. Those BOSS briefs are serious.

martin
09-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Congrats on the PR, that is a heck of a box squat. Those BOSS briefs are serious.

Yeah thanks to you too Tank.

They were a wise investment. As I said before I love the suit, now I'm just hoping when I get both on together they will work well for me.

douglasoh5
09-04-2009, 01:58 PM
That is def a really nice squat in just briefs...good luck at your meet

KarlMarx
09-04-2009, 04:40 PM
I still need to get used to pushing hard under heavy squats though.

Dang. If you aren't pushing hard underneath that much weight maybe I should just quit now... I have to push hard just to look at that much weight:thumbup:

PDR
09-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Very nice ! ...good work

Brian Hopper
09-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Yeah thanks to you too Tank.

They were a wise investment. As I said before I love the suit, now I'm just hoping when I get both on together they will work well for me.

I finally tried my BOSS suit a couple of weeks ago with my BOSS briefs and it's alot to get use to. The suit is a size 54 and it is huge on me, but it fits my quads perfect. I'm sure once you get the BOSS/BOSS combo on you will love it.

NickAus
09-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Well done that's a big box squat!
The Boss briefs seem to be the best out there yet I hear they are nice and thin.

Brian Hopper
09-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Well done that's a big box squat!
The Boss briefs seem to be the best out there yet I hear they are nice and thin.

I haven't worn any other briefs, but I have heard that they are not as thick as the METAL Ace's. But I wouldn't say that the BOSS is then either, IMO it's a pretty heavy duty pair of briefs. One of these days I wouldn't mind trying a pair ace's.

Sean Hatley
09-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Yeah the Boss briefs are pretty thin. When i first got my pair i was about to call up Ken and be like um i wanted double ply lol. But they are super thin compared to Preds and way thinner than metal briefs. Boss Leviathan combo is pretty good combo if you squat in canvas, but Boss Boss combo is awesome also for just poly.

NickAus
09-04-2009, 11:53 PM
How much do people get out of the Boss briefs roughly?
Thanks.

NickAus
09-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Anyone have luck with the Predators?
Thanks.

Ben Moore
09-05-2009, 01:51 AM
Anyone have luck with the Predators?
Thanks.

Nick - just ordered some today - I'll let you know.

NickAus
09-05-2009, 02:20 AM
Nick - just ordered some today - I'll let you know.

Ok thanks Ben!
Both the Predators and the Boss really sound good.
I have some metal ones I think they are Pro's (basic ones) they give a bit but not much really, think good knee wraps give the same or more.
Overkill Strength have Briefs also coming out in a few days so they will be interesting.