PDA

View Full Version : First 4 plate bench press ever!

danmac
09-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Finally hit 4 plates. This is my 4th time wearing a shirt and i am finally able to touch with it. It's a loose single ply katana. I am REAL pumped about finally making it to this point.

IxcM5w0IkzQ

Brian Hopper
09-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Congrats!!!

chris mason
09-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Good job!

john bernor
09-05-2009, 12:38 PM
great job,,keep pushing it,GOD BLESS

in HIS grip forever
john

mmmduff
09-05-2009, 01:18 PM
strong!

Ryano
09-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Congrats. Looks like you could pull your belt down some, tuck elbows a little more and take advantage of your arch. You can get alot more. Good job.

danmac
09-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Congrats!!!

Good job!

great job,,keep pushing it,GOD BLESS

in HIS grip forever
john

thanks gentlemen!

danmac
09-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Congrats. Looks like you could pull your belt down some, tuck elbows a little more and take advantage of your arch. You can get alot more. Good job.

I should definitely pull the belt down bit, its riding real high here. Its a ****ty belt that is hard to get tight, i need a lever. After watching that i see the elbows need to come in a ton too.

What do you mean take advantage of the arch? Like touch lower? I am competing in the IPF so i cant touch my belly, which sucks because its way up there.

Ryano
09-05-2009, 03:24 PM
What do you mean take advantage of the arch? Like touch lower? I am competing in the IPF so i cant touch my belly, which sucks because its way up there.

Yeah, I didn't know you competed IPF. To bad, with a little lower touch, you'd lose alot of ROM. From the video's I've seen, the IPF only lets the Japanese lifters belly bench. Hhhaahaaa

huskybear
09-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Way to go Dmac!!!!

Strong stuff brother!

danmac
09-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Way to go Dmac!!!!

Strong stuff brother!

Thanks man.

Squatted in a squat suit at the old YMCA orleans on thursday, got a lot of looks!

huskybear
09-05-2009, 04:32 PM
lol I can just imagine... no doubt wondering why you weren't curling in the rack!!!!!

Going to be in town for a wedding in a week or so... will let you know if I get time to train and maybe we can get a session in finally

Detard
09-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Nice job bro, that was sstrong! Try getting that belt down and get your belly up. Great work though

BFGUITAR
09-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Sick man! That looked too easy.

danmac
09-06-2009, 10:26 AM
lol I can just imagine... no doubt wondering why you weren't curling in the rack!!!!!

Going to be in town for a wedding in a week or so... will let you know if I get time to train and maybe we can get a session in finally

Sounds good, let me know.

Nice job bro, that was sstrong! Try getting that belt down and get your belly up. Great work though

Yeah belt will come down for sure. Thanks man.

Sick man! That looked too easy.

It was too easy! 425 here i come.

allan3
09-06-2009, 11:01 AM
bro- that was a great lift!! you really shot it up too. remember- the sky is the limit!! 4 plates per side is a milestone for sure- a big one. 5 is right around the corner for ya. congrats!!

Clone
09-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Outstanding bro!

Thats a great milestone. Extremely happy for you!

mikesbench
09-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Nice work, defiitely a big milestone.

tabormcandrews
09-06-2009, 01:26 PM
i couldn't see the vid on my computer and i don't know what a katana is like or how your form is looking, but from reading the other comments it sounds great, congrats!!! i got my first shirt not to long ago too, it's f**king hard to get the bar all the way down sometimes. but if its a shirt like mine (titan f-6) then you might want to just leave your elbows out some because lots of the compression comes across the chest so if your elbows are wide then it allows the shirt to give you some more help, but the down side to this is the fact that with your elbows out you will be using more deltoids which aren't normally as strong as other muscles. so try it out and see what works for you. congrats about the big 4!!!!!!!!

danmac
09-06-2009, 04:23 PM
bro- that was a great lift!! you really shot it up too. remember- the sky is the limit!! 4 plates per side is a milestone for sure- a big one. 5 is right around the corner for ya. congrats!!

Outstanding bro!

Thats a great milestone. Extremely happy for you!

Nice work, defiitely a big milestone.

i couldn't see the vid on my computer and i don't know what a katana is like or how your form is looking, but from reading the other comments it sounds great, congrats!!! i got my first shirt not to long ago too, it's f**king hard to get the bar all the way down sometimes. but if its a shirt like mine (titan f-6) then you might want to just leave your elbows out some because lots of the compression comes across the chest so if your elbows are wide then it allows the shirt to give you some more help, but the down side to this is the fact that with your elbows out you will be using more deltoids which aren't normally as strong as other muscles. so try it out and see what works for you. congrats about the big 4!!!!!!!!

thanks everyone! I appreciate the words of encouragement.

On my way to shatter the provincial bench record for junior 90kg!

robchris
09-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Danmac,
Good work brother... that looked easy. Considering your raw max is 335 you should get 100+ out the shirt so 450 is within your grasp. Keep working your technique and be patient. Good luck!

RC

vdizenzo
09-06-2009, 06:34 PM
That is so friggin' awesome. You nailed it! SFW!

Travis Bell
09-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Very nice!

danmac
09-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Danmac,
Good work brother... that looked easy. Considering your raw max is 335 you should get 100+ out the shirt so 450 is within your grasp. Keep working your technique and be patient. Good luck!

RC
Thanks man, 450 would be unreal!

That is so friggin' awesome. You nailed it! SFW!
Thanks! I still cant believe how easy it came up!

Very nice!
Appreciate it!