PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a template for a RAW Metal Militia routine?

doberman
09-05-2009, 03:42 PM
As per the title :) Im a raw lifter and I want to give the Metal Militia routine a whirl for my bench so was wondering if theres a template out there for the routine but for a guy who trains raw?

Ben Moore
09-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Raw and Metal Militia don't really belong in the same sentence from what I remember, haha. Good luck man!

vdizenzo
09-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I trained with those guys in the very beginning of MM. Raw was not a priority.

Clone
09-06-2009, 12:52 AM
I got this off the Raw site a couple years ago. I was told its the MM Raw routine and several folks confirmed it.

Flat bench: 6 sets of 3-5 reps

Close gip bench: 6 sets of 3-5 reps (one hand width in from regular grip)

Flat bench paused: 6 sets of 3-5 reps

-work up to a 3-5 rep max each week
-take every 4th week off
-pyramid weight on all sets

I never really got any specifics as to what weights or %'s to use, other than pyramid up to a 3 or 5RM. I was told to pyramid all 3 bench styles, which seems sorta odd, but the guys on the site verified it.

Didn't get it from Sebastian himself or anything. So don't shoot the messanger if its wrong. But I copied it exactly as it was posted.

sayagain
09-06-2009, 08:30 AM
From stuff I've read, MM pretty much just focuses on shirted benching. I believe they do a raw day to work on lower end strength and then the second bench day is a shirted day where they focus on lockout and top end strength.

doberman
09-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks Clone,

but what would I do for the rest of the week though?

So....

Mon: MM Bench
Wensday: ME lower: deads OR squats + abs + some lower assistance work.
Friday: Back?

Any ideas guys? my recovery is so so FWIW.

jtteg_x
09-12-2009, 02:44 AM
Vincent Dizenzo has a great raw template posted at Elite Fitness Systems: http://www.elitefts.com/documents/600lb_raw_bench.htm

the accessory work is pretty universal IMO. so I end up doing chins over rows sometimes (for example). as long your hitting all the muscle groups in the upper region on DE/ME bench days, it makes a great program.

Bryan Hoffman
09-12-2009, 05:04 AM
Raw Bench Improvement Sebastian Burns

This was taken from a e mail I just sent to a friend.It will work for anyone wanting to get stronger raw or who is just starting out..you could throw some shirt benching in there after awhile and some boards but this is good for just getting started.

Bench press with regular wide grip
6 sets 3 to 5 reps

Close Grip bench(Go one hand space in from regular grip)
Pause the bar on the bottom for 2 full seconds
6 sets 3 to 5 reps

Regular Grip Pause Bench
6 Sets 3 to 5 reps

After this you could do 3 sets of Pulldowns and 3 sets of Rows for 3 to 4 sets also 3 to 4 sets of DB side raises.
Do this workout for 3 months and keep track of your weights always trying to beat your last weeks weight.After 3 months take a few weeks away from benching and do more back and shoulder then go back and repeat the bench cycle.
Try to make it all the way thru this workout it is the volume that will cause an increase in the bench.it may take 2 to 3 weeks to get used to the high volume but stick with it.