PDA

View Full Version : Calorie needs for a 13 yr old boy!

Musclechild
09-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Hello,
I'm a 13 (14, 2. Nov) yr old boy. I weight 114 lbs, and I'm 5'5.

How many calories do I need to increase my musclemass?

My activity level is like this:
Monday: School 5 hours, training 30 minutes, and the rest sitting still.
Tuesday: School 5 hours, and the rest sitting still.
Wednesday: School 5 hours, training 30 minutes, and the rest sitting still.
Thursday: School 5 hours, and the rest sitting still.
Friday: School 5 hours, training 30 minutes, and the rest sitting still.
Saturday: Sitting still. Maybe a 1 hour walk.
Sunday: Sitting still. Maybe a 1 hour walk.

Sitting still is the same as being with freinds. I also do 15 minutes walking to school. Training is strength, not cardio.

Thanks.

Joe Black
09-08-2009, 03:18 AM
LOL, at 13 you really don't need to be trying to count calories.

Just try and eat well (meat, vegetables and stuff like pasta, potatoes, rice) and avoid junk food.

Then train with weights and play some sports. Be active. Walk and cycle instead of taking buses/lifts.

Musclechild
09-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks for your answer Daniel, but I want to count calories, and that's why I need your help. :)

So I'm bumping this, in hope for some help.

Unreal
09-10-2009, 11:10 AM
You need more then you burn. That is up to you to figure out. Track what your eating now and your weight and adjust as needed. If you taking in 3000 a day now and not gaining then add more. Then again you should be gaining/growing at that age. Basically start tracking and if your not gaining/growing fast enough then eat more. If you start to pack on too much fat then just reduce it a bit.

Jayfive
09-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks for your answer Daniel, but I want to count calories, and that's why I need your help. :)

So I'm bumping this, in hope for some help.

It's too difficult to give you an exact idea on what you need at this age. Just start eating like you want to be 200 lbs and see if that puts some meat on your bones. At your age, counting cals is difficult for a number of factors (don't buy your own food, parents make dinner usually, school lunches aren't the most nutritious in the world) but possible. If you really want to count cals, read the recent article about bulking/cutting and follow those guidelines.