PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out.

Ness
09-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Hey there. I've been getting into the thick of things with my weight training and it's been a while since I've tried to take it seriously. This time I believe I finally am. I've started about three weeks ago and I'm really starting to get some consistency going.

I weigh about 171 lbs and I'm practically if 5'11". My goal is to get to at 200 lbs. I want to be a lot bigger than I already am. The training regiment I've been using is the John DeFranco "Westside for Skinny Bastards." I'm trying to go four times a week like the new version of the workout suggests. I'm going at least three times a week. Here is what my body looks like now:

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9348/001sx.jpg

I'm also trying to work on cardio, but I'm not sure how much of it I'll need. I run with a group on Saturdays for about two hours. Usually end up doing 8 miles in a marathon-style running procedure. It's pretty nice. Although I haven't run in about three, almost four weeks because of getting "runner's knee". Also, I need some new running shoes.

I know that nutrition is a big part of this process and I'm trying hard to eat as much as I can. Lots of beef, chicken, pasta, and fish dishes. It's been difficult, but I'm doing my best. I know I need to get some Muscle Milk and or Creatine to help with the task.

This is the kind of body I want to get eventually. Something like the Minnesota Viking's Adrian Peterson:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4684/adrianpeterson02.jpg

So any tips would be nice. Thanks.

given'er
09-09-2009, 09:49 AM
So any tips would be nice. Thanks.

I'd start by taking the muppets poster off your wall...lol. Then eat and lift heavy. And keep at it.

Ness
09-09-2009, 11:20 PM
I'd start by taking the muppets poster off your wall...lol. Then eat and lift heavy. And keep at it.

Come on man that poster is awesome. LOL.

Nicky
09-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Your mom wanted me to tell you to clean your room and put sheets on the bed.