PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Diet / Snack Suggestions

mattbau43
09-11-2009, 10:28 AM
I am 6'8 265 and trying to lower my weight to 240. I am not currently in great shape so the first few pounds should come off easy. I am working out heavy 3x per week and trying to seriously clean up my diet. Below is my diet. Please let me know how it looks. I need around 3600 cals per day to keep my weight, plus another 400 on workout days. My below diet is 2200-2300 cals per day.

Workout days:

700am: 1 banana, small oatmeal with cinn and honey, Nitor
830am: workout
930am: apple juice, whey protein, glutamate, rice cake, multivitamin or choc milk
1130am: 3 eggs, steak/burger/chicken/tuna, rice??? sweet potato??
230pm: handful of nuts, water
530pm: Cottage cheese, chicken breast, broccoli or spinach

non-workout days: Just replace the apple juice drink at 930 with a healthy snack, maybe PB?

VikingWarlord
09-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Man, that could be better in so many ways. I'm a fan of IF-style dieting so it doesn't bother me that you've concentrated your intake into a 10 and a half hour window. What does bother me is that it seems to be broken up arbitrarily. Before I make suggestions, I'd like to ask how you determined this was your plan.

I will also say that if you're getting the results you want, there's no reason to change anything.

mattbau43
09-11-2009, 11:34 AM
I used a plan from this website that i found in one of the threads. The feedback was great, so I decided to use it as a base.

Id love to hear suggestions

sharkall2003
09-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Every meal should consist of protein and either fat and carbohydrates or both. Half of your meals have no protein in them. How are you supposed to get all the protein you need in one day into a couple meals? Post us some breakdowns and the amounts you have, so we can give better suggestions.

Unreal
09-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Workout days:

700am: 1 banana, small oatmeal with cinn and honey, Nitor

I would add some sort of protein here. I mix whey in to my oats and it taste great. You could drop the honey and use a bit of splenda/stevia if you want to cut some carbs out.

830am: workout
930am: apple juice, whey protein, glutamate, rice cake, multivitamin or choc milk

I am not a fan of juice. Eating an apple would be better.

1130am: 3 eggs, steak/burger/chicken/tuna, rice??? sweet potato??

Looks like a decent balanced meal.

230pm: handful of nuts, water

If it fits your macros and works for you, sounds good. I would maybe add some protein if you can afford the cals. Maybe drop an egg or some carbs from the earlier meal and add to this.

530pm: Cottage cheese, chicken breast, broccoli or spinach
Looks low fat. I would want my last meal of the day to be a bit higher in fat to slow gastric emptying and digestion. Maybe add some butter to the spinach/brocolli.

mattbau43
09-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Great feedback. Thank you.

Additional suggestions or tips are still welcomed!