PDA

View Full Version : Well Hell...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Mark!
09-11-2009, 09:04 PM
So, after being a member here for a long time, and not sticking with the guns, I'm tired of it. I guess there comes a time when you really do just get tired of the way things are, the way you look, feel, and hell even the way you act. I come for a long journey and struggle with weight. I started out at 464lbs back in 2007, worked my ass off, got my diet in check and lived in a gym. Here I am now and 330lbs, was closer to 300 even but fell off the wagon. At least I'm not 400+ anymore right? I'm looking for 275, no questions asked no excuses. No bull****ting around. I know there will be bad days, but I'm sticking with it. I'm going to keep the journal updated with weights as often as I can, at least weekly, and the progress I make. So, here we go, off to another start. We'll see where we end up. :evillaugh:

6'1
330lbs
Goal-275lbs

Here comes the long road of getting the diet in check and back on a steady workout routine. Good times starting over. :outnumber:

Mark!
09-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Today started off good. Breakfast was protein shake, did some work around the house. Was gonna run today but my oldest wanted to play soccer in the rain, had hella fun doing that for about an hour with the wife and my boys. Waiting on the fat loss stack from At Large to get in, will be hitting the gym tonight on my lunch break for sure. Cardio cardio cardio for tonights entre.

Unholy
09-12-2009, 09:44 PM
You got this brah!

Mark!
09-13-2009, 04:01 AM
Short workout tonight. This rain in Texas is killer on us working in it. Wrecks, fights, flooding, just wouldn't stop so I didn't take lunch when I normally do, did get 45 minutes in. 15 of that was spent drying off, well attempting too at least. Did 15 minutes of cable pulls, rows and lat pull downs, and 15 mins on the eliptical between 6.0 and 8.0. Felt good, had a good layer of sweat coming off me. Feels good right now, was running back and forth between stations trying to get a decent work out in. Hopefully tomorrow night won't be as busy, and I'll be able to get my full hour in.

Mark!
09-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Alright so I weighed today for the first time in a long time. Verdict...353. Gotta work harder. Wondering if there's a limit to my madness. Could I work out every day, or at least 6 days a week while losing weight? I know it's not a good thing when building muscle, but frankly, I'm not even concerned about muscle right now, I know it will come when I've reached my goal in terms of weight loss. I know my problem is going to be getting enough calories. I usually eat once a day, maybe twice. Really have to work on that.

Got home, had a bowl of Hexa cereal, whole grain, with a scoop of protein and a banana.
Have to be at work at 8pm, heading to the gym today, starting WBB1.

Mark!
09-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Finished with my first day of WBB1. Holy...crap. Now I've done every exercise on the updated WBB1 except Planks, just haven't done them as frequently. From my stomach to my thighs, sore!! And planks...mother of God I've never done them, and I know why now. I've never hurt so good. I waited and did planks at the end of my workout today, did them all at once, one right after another, held 10 seconds for 6 times due to lack of room until the end of my workout. I was grunting uncontrolably near the end. Really really enjoyed this workout. Can't wait until tomorrows. Had about a cup and a half of spaghetti with sauce, and a slim fast for dinner with sunflower seeds, unsalted. Will get some Nitrean on tonight during work in place of my work lunch. I'll either play pool and do some cardio, or just cardio for 30 minutes, depends on what my Lt. is up to.

Mark!
09-14-2009, 04:40 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/-stardust-/photo1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/-stardust-/photo.jpg

This is starting.

So sore today after yesterdays work out. No breakfast this morning, but will grab a protein shake as soon as I get to work, gonna make some salmon burgers tonight, should be interesting to see how they turn out. Will focus on upper body workout tonight.

LuNa
09-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Awesome move you are making here. Keep up the good work and i am sure by no time you will achieve your goals.

On a side note
Salmon burgers:drooling:

Mark!
09-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Woke up today, still a little sore, but pushing through. Tonight will do some dumbbell stuff in the garage, which will be around 100 degrees in there, should be awesome. Wife is gonna workout with me tonight since she'll be home. Protein shake and fish oil for breakfast this morning, good stuff. Got to stock up on my soy milk though.
Salmon burgers came out pretty good on a cedar plank. I couldn't even finish my plate though. Ate one a a half and that's all I could manage. Good, filling, and good for you.

Mark!
09-18-2009, 03:38 AM
Weight Today, 350.7. So we're on target so far. Went to the part, ran and ran and ran, started raining so we just ran harder, felt great. Shot off some rockets, chased them, lost 2 out of 5, aint bad. Did planks, 5 x 20 seconds with the wife, 10 push ups and 10 sit ups right after. Ate good today, subway 6 inch veggie and homeade pizza, cheese and turkey, sherbet afterwards. Back to work tomorrow so big work out day.

Mark!
09-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Work out last night, 8 reps for first 2 sets, 6 reps for last 3 sets.
Straight Arm Pulldown-65lbs
Bench Press-135lbs
Dips-Just body weight for now
Arm Curls with barbell-75lbs
Standing Overhead dumbell press-40lbs/arm
Didn't have the ball for crunches so I did 5x20 on the ab machine in the gym

After I got off work, had a huge argument with the wife, thought it was done but we pulled everything back together at the last minute. I'm stubborn, have a lot of changes to make. I gotta start showing her I love her more often than I do and get back to being the sensual loving guy she married. This work out thing helps because we work out together and bond more. We're each others best friend, can't do without each other.

This morning, well at 6pm when I woke up, I cooked spaghetti with multi grain noodles, lean ground beef and heart healthy sauce, wife and boys ate, I packed mine up and had a bown of oatmeal with vanilla nitrean and 2% bordens high protein milk, one sweet and lo. I feel great today, woke up and felt amazing after taking ETS for the first time before bed. Feel a whole lot better after taking it rather than not taking it. I'm sticking to the fat loss stack religiously, adding fish oils and picconate chromium in.

Harris
09-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Now this is the kind of stuff that really motivates me. Glad to see you're taking steps to improve your overall livelihood and hitting it head on. Seems like you have the right attitude.

dynamo
09-19-2009, 08:59 PM
keep with it. if you need motivation just look around this site and hit up a member, consistency is key. just don't burn out, take it easy if you have to but just keep going.

Southern Beast
09-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Good luck with your goals, bro. As others have said, if you ever have any questions or need any motivation, don't hesitate to hit up another member. :D

Mark!
09-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm taking things slow, and working this the right way. It's a lifestyle change, I thought I knew that last time but I was wrong. I went back to my old way and fail off the wagon. This time, it's slow and steady weight loss, eating right, working out and doing things the way I should have been doing them all along. Everyone on here has been great, and a lot of help. I can't wait for about 6 months to go by, and me putting up some after pics.

Mark!
09-20-2009, 03:56 AM
Went to work out on my lunch tonight. Did some squats, dead lift, front squats and good mornings.
Squats-2x6 @ 250, 2x6 @ 270
Dead Lift 2x10 @ 180, 2x6 @ 280,1x6 @ 360
Front Squats-1x6 @ 115
Good Mornings- 1x8 @ 135

Protein Shake afterwards, handful of almonds and peanuts, unsalted.

Edit #1:Just read thru unholy's tranformation...holy crap talk about motivation!
Edit #2: I just thought of something that I need to fix ASAP. My sleep habits suck. I sleep maybe 4 or 5 hours a day, which has always been normal. I need to focus on giving my body more time to recover.

Mark!
09-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Weigh in today before chipotle= 349.9
Went to chipotle, had a veggie bowl with rice, black beans, onions, bell peppers, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, pico, hot sauce, and a diet dr pepper. I haven't had chipotle in so long, it was good stuff. So, we're still workin baby, 10 days total.

Mark!
09-21-2009, 03:45 AM
Deadlifts 5x6 @ 225
Step Ups 5x6 while holding a 45 lb plate. Hell these things are hard enough to do when you're 350lbs.
Pull Through 5x6 @ 50lbs. I pussed out on these, never heard of them, interesting to say the least, fun to do...just remember kids, set the damn pulley a hell of a lot lower than ass height...that cable and ball from the rope surely DOES NOT feel good.
Seated Calve Raises 5x6 while holding 2 45 plates. We don't have a seated calf raise machine in the gym, or a standing one for that matter. I put my feet up on the foot of the bench with the heel hanging off and did these while holding 2 45lb plates. Did ok I guess.
Walk Outs- No...I can't do these yet...they suck. I did HIIT, 20 seconds of 6.0 speed, 10 seconds of 3.0 speed, did that for 5 cycles.
Side Planks - These suck worse than regular planks, which suck a lot! I tried 3 sets of 20 seconds on my elbow, then raised off my elbow on to my hand for 2 sets of 20 seconds.

**After the work out, I looked at the bar and wanted to see if I could pull it off the ground with 8 plates on it. So, I loaded 6, got it twice. Loaded one more to each side and lifted and locked it in place. My thigh is a little soar from the bar, but hell yeah, 8 45lb plates but a 45 lb bar. 405!**

Off Road
09-21-2009, 07:57 AM
You're a strong guy. Keep up the good work and remember, it's a long journey, stay the course.

Mark!
09-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Came in early to work tonight, did a pretty decent work out.
Squats 4x5 @ 225lbs
Good Mornings 4x5 @ 115 These are weak, I need to do a lot of form checking videos to make sure I'm doing things right.
Front Squats 4x5 @ 115 Never done these before, felt good at the light weights.
Cable Rope Pull Downs 4x10 @ 65lbs
Overhead Cable Rows 4x10 @ 65lbs done right after the set of pull downs to keep intensity up
Barbell Curls 4x6 70 lbs

At the end of the work out: 3x1 315lbs squats, followed by power shower

Southern Beast
09-22-2009, 02:51 AM
**After the work out, I looked at the bar and wanted to see if I could pull it off the ground with 8 plates on it. So, I loaded 6, got it twice. Loaded one more to each side and lifted and locked it in place. My thigh is a little soar from the bar, but hell yeah, 8 45lb plates but a 45 lb bar. 405!**

:thumbup:

Mark!
09-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Well, poison ivy sucks, in case any one didn't know. I couldn't move, sweat or anything. I'm highly allergic to the mess and got it Wednesday so spent the next 2 days laying in bed lathered in creams. Did get a shot, which helped some but never helps much. I'm still banned from doing anything until Monday, so here's to doing nothing. hoo freakin rah

dynamo
09-26-2009, 08:47 PM
lol I was always given prednisone, a weeks worth, and after the first day it would all be dried out.

Mark!
10-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Well I went to the doctor Tuesday, got a shot, she looked at it and said she thinks it may have gotten in to my blood, and gave me another shot. AFTER she gave me the 2nd shot she said it would make me really dizzy and sleepy, but because I'm so allergic to it, I needed it. Sure enough I got home and passed out for a good 12 hours. I woke up and the poison ivy had spread more, was on my ears, belly button, nose, and upper arms. I took the pill packet and slept a whole lot Wednesday and Thursday. Everything above the waist has dried/is drying up, legs still has some on it thats just now starting to go away, but I'm getting there. I hate poison ivy. I didn't even see it until afterwards, and by that time I had hit it with the weed eater and my legs were covered. Bad thing is, my weight is back to 353. Starting over again.

Mark!
02-15-2010, 05:04 AM
Well well well, my long lost friend. Nice to see you again. So talking about not quitting and getting things together and all that, didn't work like I had planned, I quit on it, but I guess the good news...I'm back at it again...I guess that's good news right? I've been doing a good solid workout for 2 weeks straight, and since 2008 that's a good stretch for me. One thing that's helped is the fact my relationship with the misses is a lot better, and she's actually working out with me some days. My bodyweight is still high, but since I started this thread, it's the lowest at 346. I'm looking to get down to AT LEAST 260. I really have some hurdles to overcome, and I have to do this. Maybe I should give out my cell phone to people and they call and harass me if I don't post my workouts, ha. Another thing, I don't nor have I ever had a set workout plan. I usually do boring cardio, but with the help of Acress, I'm learning more about complexes and mixing things up, the treadmill thanks you. I'm going to start doing some of the complexes for fat loss movements tonight when I come in early and work out before work. We're holding it together, slowly but surely. I've been reading some of the journals and I actually feel like crap for not keeping up with mine. :whiner:

Sundays workout
10 mins on treadmill warm up
Cable Crossover 3x10 65lbs
Ab Cable Crunches 3x10 80lbs
V Bar pulldowns 3x10 80 lbs
Squats 2x6 225lbs, 2x3 295 lbs, 2x1 315 lbs

That's it for that work out. I wasn't feeling in the mood to do much more so I got on the bike for a bit. Tonights workout will be far more structured and notated.

Mark!
02-15-2010, 05:21 AM
Question...
A workout such as this...
Romanian DL
Bent over rows
front squat
push press
barbell rollout
..that's taken from the Complexe for Fat Loss...if I did the barbell complex one day, dumbell complex another day, and BW complex another day, then a mix workout on the 4th day...would that be a decent starting point for getting on a set routine? My main goal right now...losing weight. I want the weight gone, I'm not worried about targetting every little muscle here and there, I want body movements that are going to burn calories, does that make sense? I work 4 days a week, so I figured that would be my workout while at work, then rest one day, then HITT one day, then another rest day before coming back to work. Opinions? Suggestions?

Mark!
02-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Workout today was good. I did the Complexes for Fat Loss Barbell set, trying it out, it was pretty intense, got a good burn going, felt good. On the front squats though my form was horribad. I've never focused on those for more than just a few reps at a time, never a set of 8. I couldn't decide whether or not to put the bar across my upper chest, or cradle it in my arms.

-Warmup-
5 mins on treadmill at 3.0-4.0
BW lunges
V Bar pulldowns 90 lbs

Romanian DL-135 lbs 3x8
Bent Over Row- 95 lbs 3x8
Front Squat- 135 lbs 1x8
Front Squat- 95 lbs 2x8-I had to go lower due to not being comfortable with form.
Push Press- 95 lbs 3x8
Barbell Rolls 95 lbs 3x8 -did not like...
Bench Press 135 lbs 1x8
Good Mornings 95 lbs 1x8

5 minutes on treadmill
5 minutes on bike

The workout had me sweating and panting like a dog. I'm not used to a circuit style workout, rather a 45 minute treadmill death, followed by lurking around doing whatever I felt like doing that day.

Off Road
02-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Looks brutal. I can't help much with complexes for fat loss. I have very limited experience with them.

Mark!
02-15-2010, 11:01 PM
It's not so much the weights, it's my conditioning. It was like my midsection was tight and working the entire time, was pretty awesome. By the 3rd circuit I have hurting.

Mark!
02-17-2010, 03:31 AM
Today I'm off of work, not going to workout in the gym. Instead we're going to the park, let the boys play while I push a car around in the parking lot (2003 Kia) for a bit, then I'm gonna run on a track for a bit as well, do some HITT. I've got to get my diet in check. I've been talking with Josh Bryant at Metroflex, hopefully if his schedule opens up I can start training with him, and he can get my diet in check and have a meal plan all set out. I started out consuming around 1000 calories/day, but the last few days I've been able to get up in to the 1600-1800 range. I get hungry I just drink water or eat some veggies to kill the hunger pain off. I really gotta get the diet down. Meal plan for today looks to hit around 1800 calories total.

Off Road
02-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Dang...1,000 calories...I loose weight on 3,500 calories.

Mark!
02-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Today diet was pretty good so far. Went for a run this morning, ran/jogged 2 miles. We went back to the park later today and I pushed a kia spectre around the parking lot for a bit, had a good hill to push up, wasn't fun. After that we played tag at the park, jumping over and through all sorts of things. Got a wicked nice slice in my hand from a large splinter on the wooden wall I was jumping over, good times.

Mark!
02-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Diet today, looking at about 1800 calories, which is a heck of a lot better than what I was at.

For my workout I tried the dumbell part of Complexes for Fat Loss, it was equally as fun (not) as the barbell version.

3x6 no resting, then 90 second rest...
Reverse Lunges-40lb dumbells
Alternate DB Row-35lbs 2x6 then went to 40 lbs for last set
Push Ups
Burpee-35lbs...these suck in case anyone is wondering...
Alternating DB Military Press-35lbs

After that, I rested a bit, then did BP 135x8, trying to model the form video I saw on here with Dave Tate, it feels a lot smoother pressing now than before with the same amount of weight.

15 mins of cardio afterwards, walking with incline and light jogging.

Mark!
02-20-2010, 02:34 PM
After I got home I couldn't sleep so I wandered out into the garage and did some bag work, 2 6 minute rounds on heavy bag, then I got the itch to run...I know it's scary huh? I jogged a mile then came back in, and crashed finally. Felt great. Just woke up, gonna cook some breakfast then off to work for the day.

Mark!
02-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Did 42 minutes on the eliptical, 3.6 miles, I couldn't do anymore. I had planned for 30 minutes, was hurting at 14-16 minutes, then after I hit 30 minutes I had done 3 miles so I just kept trotting along at a slow pace, just kept moving, kept putting more time on. Felt really really good after breaking through 30 minutes, felt great. After that I went straight to the power rack, busted out some squats, 3x5 at 225lbs, then straight to bench press, 1x10 at 135lbs. I had planned on just doing some cardio work today, my chest and arms are sore, legs a tad sore but feel good overall. Right now I'm feeling awesome, no problems at all. Was watching some Ronnie Coleman videos earlier, "Light weight!, Ain't nothin but a peanut! Yeah Buddy!!!" Pretty hilarious.

SCmmaFAN
02-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Keep working hard!

Coming from another big guy, I don't know how you can eat so little and not just have serious hunger pains.

Behemoth
02-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Pushing a car around a parking lot actually sounds like a badass time. I love this kind of stuff, I work construction and so carrying shingles up ladders and moving around plywood or drywall all day actually amuses me... as long as it isn't everyday heh. But anyhow 1000 calories is absurd. even 1800 seems rediculous for your weight. Are you certain you will not lose weight with at least somewhere around 2500-3000 calories? I know the mentality of wanting results so trying to go hardcore on your diet, but with that mentality brings a plethora of other issues... namely the adherance to it. You need to be in it for the long gradual haul and you consistently look better and better.

JRider23
02-20-2010, 09:07 PM
hey dude, i just read through your whole journal and i have to say i really hope that you get down to your target goal of 275. It's great that you and your wife can workout together, and you're also extremely strong.

Did you have a lot of experience lifting prior to your starting in order to lose weight?

Mark!
02-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Keep working hard!

Coming from another big guy, I don't know how you can eat so little and not just have serious hunger pains.

Thanks man. I did have some pretty bad hunger pains time to time. It's hard retraining your body to actually eat now. I think that's why my weight loss has slowed so much, I'm having to restart my metabolism, and retrain my body. I did a juice diet with the advice of a doctor a few years back and since then, I haven't eaten much at all. I ended up losing 75 pounds on it, but I didn't train myself to eat right after that. Luckily, I've kept most of the weight off, coming from 464 pounds when I started the fast.

Pushing a car around a parking lot actually sounds like a badass time. I love this kind of stuff, I work construction and so carrying shingles up ladders and moving around plywood or drywall all day actually amuses me... as long as it isn't everyday heh. But anyhow 1000 calories is absurd. even 1800 seems rediculous for your weight. Are you certain you will not lose weight with at least somewhere around 2500-3000 calories? I know the mentality of wanting results so trying to go hardcore on your diet, but with that mentality brings a plethora of other issues... namely the adherance to it. You need to be in it for the long gradual haul and you consistently look better and better.

That was my first time pushing a car around...for a workout at least. I'm getting my calories set, and gradually adding more and more to find out where my minimum is at. I'm working it back up, due to reasons mentioned above. But, we're getting it worked out. I'm going to start with a trainer hopefully Thursday, meeting with him Wednesday and getting things settled.

hey dude, i just read through your whole journal and i have to say i really hope that you get down to your target goal of 275. It's great that you and your wife can workout together, and you're also extremely strong.

Did you have a lot of experience lifting prior to your starting in order to lose weight?

Thanks man! I hope I hit 275, and keep on going for around 260, but right now I'm looking at 275 then reassessing things at that time. I worked in a machine shop, lifting aluminum molds and titanium everyday, always on my feet and moving around. Working in a warehouse at 120 degrees, and welding somedays, really helped me lose the weight. I played football and baseball all through middle school and high school, plus studied Judo since 13 years of age, but I've never actually worried about moving weight, or trying to reach my goals as far as how much I want to be able to lift. This website has encouraged me to get stronger, and get my numbers up.

Mark!
02-21-2010, 05:25 AM
Holy Crap! I can't even get 2000 calories in. I ate 1500 today, I'm not even hungry. I'm eating all natural foods, high proteins, high fiber stuff. I started a fitday, I've been just documenting calories on google docs, it's just easier for me because I can type the foods in and all the figures quicker then having to log in to fitday, search for all the foods...etc, but I'll see how long this fitday thing works out, probably not long, but at least I'm still counting calories. I feel like I'm always eating, especially these last two days at 1500-1800 calories. I'm eating a lot, it's just small things with low calories. I'm getting frustrated at this calorie counting business, I think I liked it better when I was just eating and not worrying about calories because I knew I was always really really low. Not going to quit though, gotta keep pushing myself and eating right.

pbal17
02-21-2010, 03:29 PM
hey mark, looked through your journal thats a great goal...i have a friend who is doing that high intensity workout stuff, i think its a lot of fun, really gets the heart pounding

Mark!
02-21-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm really sore today. I missed my ETS last night and didn't take it for recovery, boy does that make a difference. I'm probably going to hit cardio again today before work, then some DL or squats, maybe some leg presses in there as well. Off to make breakfast and try to get somewhere around 1800 calories today, hoorah!

Mark!
02-22-2010, 12:14 AM
hey mark, looked through your journal thats a great goal...i have a friend who is doing that high intensity workout stuff, i think its a lot of fun, really gets the heart pounding

Yeah it's fun stuff, I like it because it can take you out of the gym if you want it to. I don't mind an eliptical, take it over the treadmill any day, but when I can go to the park and push a kia around, or go into the garage jump rope and do heavy bag work and beat a tire with a sledge hammer, I'm there. A few weeks ago a buddy of mine was putting up some fencing on his farm, I begged him to let me help with setting the posts. Nothing like using a good ol 50lb steel pole driver for 100 posts.

Workout today was botched. I usually get to work by 6:15, my step sons Dad didn't drop them off until 6:30, no notice or anything. I could have been working in the garage until time to leave. I realized today just how much I missed this feeling of having a routine set. Boy I was livid. I have to admit I acted like a complete jerk, he walked them to the door, asked if we could discuss something, told him he'd already made me late enough, shut the door and left. My heart was racing, so maybe that's a little bit of a workout at least. I'm gonna hit the eliptical here in about 30 minutes, before that I wanna do some leg presses, see how heavy I can get up to. HA

Mark!
02-22-2010, 02:22 AM
Feeling great again after another workout.
Leg Press---
2x10@292lbs
2x5@ 472lbs ----this made me mad. I've never used the leg press here at work...it only allows for 5 plates on each side, and there wasn't any room to add anymore weight at all, anywhere. I even thought about trying to stack plates in different places but figured every area had a chance of falling back near me or on me so I didn't chance it, way to go with this one, I wanted so much more.
Figured I'd do a little DL work while I was at it...
1x6 @ 225
1x4 @ 315
I've come to the conclusion that my DL form, much like my squat form, has caused me to not be able to pull/push as much weight as possible. It's pathetic, and it makes me mad. I see guys half my size DL'ing and Squating twice as much, makes me feel like a 12 year old school girl, my bench is weak too but I blame my weak arms for that crap.
After that I did my cardio good times stuff. 30 mins on the eliptical...was all I was planning on doing tonight anyway, so I got that taken care of.

Bench Press-
1x12 @ 135 ( I saw a vid of Ronnie Coleman pressing like 225 38 times back in college, inspirational.)

I don't know what they're called, but I call them v-bar chest pulls...whatever
2x20 @ 97 lbs

Was messing around afterwards, did some skull crushers, 5 @ 65 lbs, sucked, dumbell curlsx5 @ 45lbs. Did some barbell wrist curls, wasn't counting reps though, just the 45lb bar.

Peace!

Mark!
02-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Weighed Last Night-346
I weighed about two weeks ago at 350, so it was nice seeing the drop. Looking for 330 by May, most activities have a weight cut off of 330lbs. We'll see how that works out. By the end of summer, hoping for 300. Early February I was at 367, so we're making progress.

Another day of Cardio today for sure, but probably not too much. I feel drained. I couldn't sleep for crap today, kept waking up. I'll at least do 30 minutes on the eliptical, may split it up with a bike too. Don't know about lifting yet.

Mark!
02-23-2010, 03:04 AM
Did some light cardio tonight, 20 minutes total, I'll break it down.
Leg Press
1x10@292

Cable Chest Pulls
1x20@97lbs

Cardio
10 minutes moderate pace eliptical

Leg Press
1x12@472lbs

Cable Chest Pulls
1x20@97lbs

Cardio
10 minutes moderate pace bike

Leg Press
1x10@472

Cable Chest Pulls
1x18@97lbs

Rack Lockouts-6 inches ROM (Saw KoSh doing these, figured I'd do them today instead of regular bench press, was good stuff, really enjoyed them)
1x8@205

I didn't push myself as hard today. I'm taking tomorrow (really today) off. Going to try that Chicken Parmesan in the recipe section tonight with the wife, give her a good massage and see if I can't get lucky (does that count for cardio if it lasts longer than 45 minutes?)

I'm getting off work at 0600, I'll be in a contrast shower by 0620, for sure!

Mark!
02-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Past 2 days have been HIIT. I did have to change 3 tires, that was fun as heck on a busy highway. Went running at a park both days, diet has been pretty good, not too sloppy. Can't wait to get back in the gym tomorrow night and get back on routine. I need to figure out what I'm going to do on my off days instead of just doing whatever. I lift Friday-Monday, Tuesday-Thursday I got nothing so I usually just run around the house, do some heavy bag work, dumbells or something.

Mark!
02-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Firday-

Roman DL 4x8=95lbs
Bent Over Row 4x8=95lbs
Front Squat 4x8=135lbs
Skull Crushers 4x8=45lbs
Cable Chest Pulls 2x20=97lbs
Rack Lock Out 1x6=225

Elliptical for 45 minutes

Bench Press 1x15=135lbs
Good Mornings 1x10=135lbs

-Done

Mark!
02-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Today I saw down and wrote out some complexes, mixing barbell and dumbell with a few bodyweight ones. Felt dead after 4 sets but feel great now.

Upright Row (alternating arms, then both arms for one rep) 1x6@50lbs, 1x6@40lbs, 1x6@30lbs, 1x6@15lbs
Curl to Overhead Press 1x6@40lbs, 1x6@35lbs, 1x6@30lbs, 1x6@15lbs. (First two sets of Upright Row and Curl to OH Press I did seperately, stopping to change weights quickly. The last two sets I did together with same weights.
Dumbell Squat 1x6@120lbs, 1x6@90lbs, 1x6@60lbs, 1x6@BW
Romanian Deadlift 3x6@135lbs, 1x6@45lbs
Barbell Row 3x6 @ 135 (these hurt a lot) 1x6@45
Lateral Pull Ups with Barbell in power rack 3x6
Bar Dips 3x6
Dragon Flags(These aren't any fun either) 2x6
Afterwards I did some elliptical, 10 minutes, and bike for 10 minutes.

-Doner than done

Mark!
02-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Wasn't even planning on working out today, but I started feeling guilty, so I went anyway. Started doing some deadlifts, felt pretty good through 315, did that 6 times then I tried to do 405, epic fail. I tried again, couldn't lock out so I dropped it, went back to 315 and did 4 more reps. Then to 225 and did 4 reps, then did 135lbs 6 times. I did some cable rows, cable crunches, and a lot of stretching. 30 minutes on the elliptical and that was that. I'm going to try some of KoSH's conditioning stuff Tuesday, looks pretty good.

Mark!
03-01-2010, 11:05 PM
3 Sets, misc reps, little rest in between sets.
TBar Rows 135lbsx8, 135x8, 135x10
Reverse Grip Pulldowns 77.5lbsx20, 77.5x12, 77.5x10
Barbell Rows 135x8, 135x6, 135x6
Straight Arm Pulldown 77.5x10, 77.5x10, 77.5x8
Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns 77.5x10, 77.5x10, 77.5x8
Dragon Flags 2x6
Crunches 2x25
Cable Crunches 82.5x20 (2 sets)
BP 135x14

SCmmaFAN
03-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Keep working hard! It sounds like you're getting your weight under control and have a plan laid out for it.

Mark!
03-03-2010, 11:11 PM
SCmmaFAN, thanks bro. It's tough, sometimes it's really really tough, but we gotta do what we gotta do.

Today was an exciting day for me. I traveled out to Arlington to meet with Josh Bryant, my new trainer. Well that's the exciting part. Met with him today, he got my details, went over some things and we start hitting it hard next Thursday. He'll be laying out my workouts, and my diet. We'll be trying a keto diet for a while.

The other exciting part was seeing metroflex gym. Holy...crap! This place is awesome. Everyone in there was shaking my hand, saying "what's up bro, doing good?" Never seen any of these guys, but they were so awesome and nice. This is the same gym Branch Warren and Ronnie Coleman workout at, and is owned by Brian Dobson. It's a no BS kind of place. You go there to work, and I'm psyched about that. I'm so ready to get some expert advice and start working out smarter.

Mark!
03-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Hit the gym today, felt good. Slept forever last night, that was also good.

5 Minute warm up on treadmill
Barbell rows 1x12, 2x6 -95 lbs (I tried pulling them closer to my midsection this time instead of my chest, could really feel the difference)
Romanian DL 1x12, 2x6-95 lbs
Cable Crunches 2x20-80 lbs
Cable Chest Pulldows-2x20 97 lbs
Bench Press, 2x10-135, 1x10-155lbs
Sull Crushers 1x10-70lbs

HIIT, 6 cycles 20 second sprint 40 second incline walk, 10 minute incline brisk walk.

Contrast Shower
Done

JRider23
03-05-2010, 08:39 PM
that's great dude!!!! keep it up. Is the gym far away from your house?

Mark!
03-05-2010, 08:51 PM
that's great dude!!!! keep it up. Is the gym far away from your house?

On days I work out before work, the gym as at the police department, so I workout, then I shower, get dressed and go to work.

On days I work out at Metroflex, which will end up being 1-2 days a week, once when I meet with my trainer and another day on my own, the gym is about 40 minutes away but it's completely worth it. Instead of working out at Balleys, or 24/hour fitness, which is right down the street.

Mark!
03-06-2010, 04:17 AM
On my lunch break I went back in to the gym. I felt like doing something, so, here's a quickie.

Warm Up, Stretching

DL-10x135, 8x225, 4x315, 0x405 I missed 405 AGAIN!!!! I got it up higher, but still can't lock it in. It's starting to frustrate me. 315 feels so much lighter. Here's to working up instead of skipping plates!
Squat-6x225, 3x315, after incline press, I wanted one more, so I got back in the rack and pushed out another @ 315. Felt even better for the 4th rep.
Incline Press-115x20 regular grip, 115x5 close grip (REST) 115x12 reg grip, 115x5 close grip (regular grip and close grips done in succession, then a rest, then again)

That was all I wanted to do. Felt good to get in there again today and move around some.

Off Road
03-06-2010, 08:26 AM
I love all the outdoor and boxing workouts. That definitely brings the fun into working out. I'm excited to see what your coach lays out for you. You should make great progress with somebody to guide you.

Mark!
03-06-2010, 08:36 PM
I love all the outdoor and boxing workouts. That definitely brings the fun into working out. I'm excited to see what your coach lays out for you. You should make great progress with somebody to guide you.

I'm really enjoying the boxing workouts. Growing up I had judo twice a week, 3 times prepping for competitions, but my Sensei went back to Mexico, and I haven't been looking for a new Dojo. I'm psyched about meeting with Josh. He called, asked if we could meet Tuesday this week, that's good stuff for me, I'm ready.

--Todays Workout--
Warm Up= 2 mins fast paced elliptical, 1 set leg extensions, leg curls and calf raises.
LEG EXTENSIONS-4X12@195LBS

LEG CURLS-4X10@140LBS

CALF RAISES 4X20@BW+145(DID THESE IN SMITH MACHINE WITH 2 35LB PLATES UNDER MY FEET)

LEG PRESS-4X10@315LBS

DRAGON FLAGS-3X8

CABLE CRUNCHES-4X15@92.5LBS

*ON THE 4TH SET, I DIDN'T DO DRAGON FLAGS, BUT I TIMED HOW QUICKLY I COULD DO THE SET, SORT OF A HIIT SET. I RUSHED THROUGH THE LAST SET, JOGGING TO EACH STATION. TOTAL TIME 1:51:00. I WAS GRUNTING OUT THE LEG PRESS, EVERY REP.

HITT ON BIKE-60 SECOND 80RPM, 30 SECONDS 120RPMX4 TIMES
TREADMILL-5 MINUTES AT 3.0 SPEED AND 6.0 INCLINE.

DONE

Mark!
03-07-2010, 05:31 AM
**Random Musings**
Sitting here, about to go home from work in about 30 minutes. It's been one crappy long night. Too much crap going on for my taste, why can't people just get along? Anyway. I feel this itch, I feel like I NEED to be working out. I WANT to be in there every freakin chance I get. Even if I just finished a workout, I think "sure be nice if I had time to do one more set." I don't know if it's good or bad, but I do something every single day. I lift friday, saturday, sunday, monday, tuesday...I run Wednesday, do boxing Wednesday and Thursday in the garage, and I sometimes do barbell routines in my garage on Wednesday and Thursdays. I cannot get enough. I know I have to slow down and take a break every now and then, but I feel guilty if I do. I feel like I could be in the gym, I could be doing SOMETHING to burn some calories, or help improve some part of my lifts. I want to deadlift 405, and I know I'm going to work up and get it, I want to be working right now. Physically I'm tired, I can pass out right here, but mentally, I'm pumped up. I know I'm making progress, I can tell by the way clothes fit, the scale, etc. I used to hate benching because I couldn't even do 135 more than a handful of times, now I'm repping it in to the 20's. 225 was nearly impossible, but I'm hitting it solid for 2 sets of 5 reps, and I know I've got more, but how much more? I want to push myself to the limits. I want my body to push, pull, throw, whatever, as much weight as physically possible. Dang, I just want to lift.

Behemoth
03-07-2010, 02:25 PM
@ post 59 - VERY impressive leg curls. I know I've used at least 5 different ones over the last year and on all of them 140 is no joke. What's a dragon flag??

@ post 60 - You got the bug man, it's a good thang! I know what you're saying and theres a super fine line between doing as much as you can and doing too much. I think in general most people cop out at not doing as much as they can. The word overtraining is thrown around nonchalantly when some begin to feel fatigued. Three or four years ago I wouldn't have made it a week at the intensity, volume and consistency I'm at these days, but would have sworn to anybody I was borderline overtraining. I'm not saying it doesn't exist -- it very much does. All I'm saying is mind over matter extends beyond the set you're doing to the grand scheme of things. And to me it looks like you have that mentality. Kudos brotha

Mark!
03-07-2010, 04:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch20Ar1YPYY

I tried to find one that was pleasing to watch, at the same time informative...I do go lower, nearly all the way to the bench. I've seen pictures of Bruce Lee, when he started doing them he did them at the end of the bench where the only thing touching the bench was his upper back. Stallone also made them popular in Rocky IV I think.

140 was tough. Sadly, that was my first actual fully leg work out. I've never had a problem with lower body strength, turns out if you run and weigh a lot, it works out your legs, ha. Felt pretty good all in all.

The bug is bad. I woke up today and I still got it. Can't wait to get in the gym tonight. I'm probably going to take Monday night off since Tuesday night I meet with my coach.

Mark!
03-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Ok well let's see, I typed this up, but it logged me out, so here we go again.

I felt really good today, woke up feeling good, hit the gym with a head full of steam.

TBar Rows-4x6@180lbs

DL from Rack, about knee cap height-2x6@225, 2x4@315, 1x3@405 (leads me to think my problem at 405 is on the floor, obviously)

OH Press-1x5@135lbs

Squat-2x4@225lbs

Leg Press 1x10@315, 1x10@450

Skull Crushers-1x10@60lbs

Cable Chest Pulls 2x10@97.5lbs

Face Pulls 1x10@45lbs

I felt really really good after the work out. Didn't do cardio during 1st workout, but I'm thinking about hitting the gym on my lunch break and doing some cardio.

Got my diet from my coach, so I'll be starting that tomorrow, probably won't workout since Tuesday I'm meeting with him. I have 5 meals to eat in carb depletion. I'm thinking I wake up at 3pm and eat, then 7:30 after my workout, 10:30, 1:30 and tghen 3:30am. I usually get in bed around 7am, so that'll leave at least 3 hours after my last meal. Does that look ok? Critique needed for timing of meals. I don't want to eat another meal before working out, I don't know why I don't, but I just don't. Would it be ok to put a meal at say 6pm instead of 7:30 and move all the meals up?

*DONE

Off Road
03-07-2010, 09:58 PM
I tried to find one that was pleasing to watch.
Thank You! :)

Mark!
03-08-2010, 02:34 AM
Thank You! :)
You know I'm lookin out for you OR. haha

Well I went and did what I said I was gonna do. Ended up doing some HIIT on the treadmill again, no country for old men was playing on one of the TV's we have up, so I watched it a bit. It's nice in there, it's quiet, one TV is on ESPN, another on the news and another on a movie. When I'm strictly lifting I don't watch TV or talk, ipod in and get to work. I've actually been called rude by several of the dispatchers for not talking to them when I go in there. I always just tell them I'm not there to socialize, I'm married, don't need to talk to another woman on a social level. haha, they usually don't like that response.

2nd workout of the night -cardio-
9 minutes of roughly 30 seconds sprint to 30-45 seconds incline walk at medium pace, then 10 minutes of high incline medium intensity walk for burn out
I still had about 15 minutes to kill...so yeah...
Dragon Flags again, 2x8

Cable Crunches 1x20 with 80lbs on the cable, planned on doing more but didn't

Rack Lock Outs 1x4@225lbs

Deadlift 1x4 225lbs

I really just took it light, didn't want to do too much on my 2nd workout. I told myself earlier I won't work out tomorrow night, but who am I kidding, I'll be in there, even if it's just to walk on the stinkin treadmill for an hour, I'll be there.

DONE for the night!!

Mark!
03-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Inzer Forever Single Prong belt...Ordered...heck yeah
Going to bed, leave me alone

Mark!
03-08-2010, 08:17 PM
I got my diet last this morning so I started on it today...holy crap that seems like a lot of food. Roughly 3lbs of food raw, like 2300 calories or something like that.

Meal 1
1/2 cup green bell peppers, 6 whole eggs, 2 slices of bacon (I used turkey bacon)
Meal 2
8oz salmon or beef, 4 oz broccoli(This will probably alternate day by day honestly)
Meal 3
8oz Steak, Chicken Breast or Fish, 4 oz Broccoli(Again I'll probably alternate around)
Meal 4
8 oz lean steak, 4 oz broccoli
Meal 5
8 oz ground beef

That just seems like a lot of food to me, but I told myself at the beginning, I'm going to let this pan out and see how it goes. My trainer has gotten rave reviews, and Brian Dobson of Metroflex swears by him. I'm going to struggle with putting everything aside, leaving my ego at the door and trusting him. Tomorrow is my first session.

--Workout--
HIIT, 8 cycles, 30 seconds quick walk/30 seconds run followed by 10 minutes incline walking. (I found out the treadmill has interval speeds tonight! I enter my jogging speed, then enter my running speed, and it's all just one button after that no more holding down the button to decrease speed!)
Incline Bench 4x5@135lbs

Yeah that was it for tonight. We got our income tax return so 1/4 of that is going to a new fridge. Been looking at some nice Samsung 26.0 ft french door ones. Love that style, it's the kind we have in my kitchen when I cooked for a living.

Feeling really good tonight. I'd like to just thank everyone on here for at least checking in on me every now and then. You guys keep me going. When I'm about to crap out, I think "What would so and so do?" Even if you haven't posted in here before, just stop by, say what's up, and head on. It's great motivation from me, especially from the big lifters on this site, it helps us beginners get along sometimes until it just becomes second nature. Again, thanks everyone.

Mark!
03-09-2010, 02:43 AM
Holy Cow! I had a hard time eating all the food on my diet today. I just finished my last meal, with approximately 4 hours before bed time so I should be in decent shape I think. Shooting around 2300 calories, that's probably the most my body has seen in months, I'm hoping it handles it well. Very low carb diet, like 4 carbs total. Getting more excited about my days off from work and working out with my trainer for the first time, getting things started. For all that food I ate, I feel really good, I don't feel sluggish or anything really, I little tired but I doubt that has anything to do with the food.

Off Road
03-09-2010, 09:35 AM
I couldn't survive on meat and broccoli alone. I mix up my veggies and add a little fruit and oatmeal to keep it interesting. But, I'm far from knowledgeable and I'm not a fan of real low carb eating for myself, so...

Mark!
03-09-2010, 11:38 PM
So far I'm doing ok on the low carb thing. I'm eating more, obviously but I don't feel bloated or full per say, like after a round of pizzas or something.

I had my first workout with Josh tonight at Metroflex. First of all, I'm in love with that place. The atmosphere is just amazing. Great music, LOUD music, loud iron smashing all around, great guys and gals to work out next to. Tonight we did a lot of talking, and did a lot of form checks.

Squat-My ass isn't out far enough, chest isn't high enough, didn't go down low enough, bar was too high on my back, my toes were straight as opposed to slightly pointed outward, and I took way too many steps away from the rack. After checking those things, squatting felt amazing! It was sweet going down, and exploding out of the hole. A completely different experience. Squatting with a broom stick was funny...but effective none the less.

Dead Lift-Legs too far apart, feet not close enough to the bar, hands too close, wasn't lining up in the middle of the bar consecutively. After getting these issues sorted out, I pulled 315 like it was nothing, 365 felt good too. 405...first was a miss, he had me walk away, get some water, relax for a few then attempt it again. I wasn't satisfied at all with the lift, but yes...I pulled 405 off the floor, and all but locked it in. I was I'm guessing about an inch away from locking out, failed on that, but just by checking my form, I was able to actually pull 405 for the first time in a while. I need to work on explosiveness, and aligning myself up evenly at the bar, and getting my feet under it. It didn't hurt, didn't pull my back, everything felt good, even though 405 sucked, it didn't hurt.

Bench Press- I learned quite a few things about benching today. I had pretty good feet positioning on the floor, my elbows were ok, but my grip placement sucked. I was way too close. After moving it out some, putting myself lower on the bench (a lot lower) and making sure my elbows stayed tight but not compacted to my body, along with keeping my back tight, the lifts came pretty good. I know I hit 160x4.5 reps at the end of the workout, and had already done probably 25 reps working up to that.

After the workout, we talked about plans, goals, and what he expects. I'm totally on board and excited about this. I can't wait to see how I progress over the next few months. Heck, I can't wait to see how I improve over the next few weeks once I get my form inline!

Mark!
03-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Morning Weigh In-342.4!!!! That means 13 pounds to go before May, and 43 pounds to go before Mid October baby!!.

Feels good, maybe this diet thing really is working after all. I feel like I'm eating twice as much, but losing weight so it doesn't make sense to me at all. Just shows how little I know about things. And the fact that I'm up at 0745, not working overtime, but instead up because I got called for court today. LOVE IT! Yeah...I'll probably get dismissed after they find out I work for a police department. After Jury Duty, I'm going to go buy a new fridge. I'll put up some pics of that beauty when I get her.

Mark!
03-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Yesterday:Heavy Bag, 2 minutes on, 1 minute off for 15 minutes then 5 minutes solid of jump rope.

Tonight was the first night working out at Metroflex, doing my own thing, following my routine. As is as follows:

Bench Press-125lbs 10x4
Notes: I started out with the first 4 sets at 135 before realizing I had 10 extra pounds on the bar. Set started solid, shoulders and back where tight, middle finger on the ring, butt lower on the bench. I didn't let my elbows flare too much out, and I think I kept them pretty neutral, tight but not tucked. On the last rep I stalled half way up but was able to push through the rep to rack it. Stalling has been a bit of an issue here, I get half way up, I'm good, then BAM like at one spot about half way up I stall. It's only at the end of my sets of course. I'm thinking it's just fatigue, and will come once I've formed more muscle and endurance on the bench.

Bench Press Wide Grip-115lbs 6x4,4,4,8,6,6-went about 2 inches wider from normal grip here, felt good.
Notes: Felt good, solid movement all the way through. Half way through I tightened my stomach as much as I could and it helped a ton on my press. This set felt really good, not many problems here. I think my doing more reps during the sets hurt me later on. I tried to do too much, it'll show on my close grip press.

Bench Press Close Grip-115lbs 6x8,4,4,6,3,3.5-went about 2 inches in from normal grip, not a fan apparently.
Felt really good starting off. I hit 8 reps in the first set, didn't have any issues. The next few sets felt good too. When I got to my last 2 sets, 1-3 reps felt good, last rep it just stalled half way up. I was able to push through the last rep in the 5th set, then did my final set, boy this was pathetic. I hit 1-3 no problems. 4th rep stalled half way up, and that was it. I had to do a sit up with the bar, then rack it from there. This...absolutely...sucked! I did too much, didn't stick to my routine and pressed more reps during my sets and tired myself out.

Altogether I hit 83.5 reps on benching tonight. My arms hurt when I was done.

I did some cable rows:
90x15
115x10
and some tbar rows:
90x10

When I got home we walked half a mile to the park, played some basketball, then walked half a mile back home.

Weight this morning was 340.8.

We also managed to get our new fridge and lawn mower from sears delivered. The fridge is awesome! The mower was the wrong model, and will have to go back. I actually wanted to mow the yard today with it, but I can't touch the mower until we get the model we actually picked out.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/-stardust-/IMG_0192.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/-stardust-/IMG_0190.jpg

The Gasman UK
03-12-2010, 04:18 AM
I'm in.

Been reading throuhg your progress, you're certainly getting stronger, and commited to the diet. Keep up the good work!!

Off Road
03-12-2010, 08:10 AM
That sounds like a great session with your coach. Looking forward to great things in here.

Mark!
03-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Todays workout was short and sweet.
5 Minute warm up on treadmill

Squat 185x5x5 Went nice and slow, worked on form and checked everything. Made sure I didn't take more than 1 step back with each foot, butt out, chest up, feet slightly angled. Felt really good. Had no problem getting these done today.

Dragon Flags 2x6
HIIT on treadmill for 12 minutes, cycles 30 seconds run 30 seconds walk then finished with 6 minutes walking on incline.

That was it for today, feeling good though.

Behemoth
03-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Sounds like you're getting some great coaching mark. Very pleasing to watch you progress like this. I'm glad you're accepting of the mentality of slow gradual process and setting goals 6+ months down the road also. That's huge. And lol @ all those eggs.

Mark!
03-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks man! I'm so excited about my journey and all I've got to do. It's a lot of work don't get me wrong...people at work ordering pizza, Texas Road House, all kinds of stuff, I just sit there with my meals I brought from home and eat. I've seen some of the girls in dispatch lose a lot of weight, then turn around and put it right back on...it's crazy and all I hear from them is "I'm getting so fat!!!" I want to tell them "stop eating all that damn junk food and actually work out sometime?" But, I probably shouldn't do that eh? All those eggs is right! I got 3 boys and a wife that love eggs, plus all the eggs I gotta eat every morning. I need a chicken farm.

Off Road
03-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Texas Road House? BBQ place? Order up a big plate of brisket and show it who's boss.

Mark!
03-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Texas Road House? BBQ place? Order up a big plate of brisket and show it who's boss.

I will, let me tell you, I really really will in due time. I'm sticking to everything my trainer has me on for right now. I don't want to fall off because of one decision I made. It may sound crazy or stupid, but as long as what he's telling me is working like it is, I'm not even considering doing anything else for a while brother.

Mark!
03-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Todays workout felt good. Decided to focus on some DL's for a bit then move in to some core stuff. Had a blast.

Deal Lift with new and improved form-215x5x5-These felt great! Form felt great, pushed off the floor and exploded to the top, threw hips forward and locked it each rep. Felt really good. Light weight.

Deficit DL's- All I had was 2 45's stacked. About 4 inches- 185x3x5--light weight again. Felt great too.

Cable Crunches at 75.5lbs-5x20 Was burning after these!!

Leg Extensions-2x8 @ 305lbs, 2x8 @205lbs--I screwed the pooch on this one. I locked the pin in place, but was under the impression 205 was the heaviest weight...nope...that's on the leg curl...so after 2 sets I was hurting! I checked it then thought to myself...*****!!! 205 felt light for a while after that! HAHA

Leg Curls- 4x8 @ 145.5

Wanted to do some HIIT after weights but yeah...I ended up not making it in time.

Diet Strict today--
6 eggs scrambled 2 pcs turkey bacon
8oz salmon and 4 oz broccoli
8 oz chicken and 4 oz broccoli
6 oz lean ground meat and 4 oz broccoli
4 oz lean ground meat

Helluva lot of H2O!

Mark!
03-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Cardio Day Yippee!!!!!!!!

Dreadmill HIIT-30 walk/30 run for 6 cycles. This was taxing to day since I didn't even want to get out of bed.
Barbell Rows 135lbs 3x6
Power Cleans 135lbs 2x4-first time really doing these, they felt really good.

Done for the day, I'm tired.

Mark!
03-14-2010, 08:33 PM
There was one other person in the gym with me, walking around not doing much of anything but playing air drums while listening to his mp3 player. I wanted so bad to ask him if he was going to do anything but walk around and stare at the TV's. I know I shouldn't give a **** about what anyone else is doing but I see them do a few sets on the ab machine, maybe some 15lb dumbell curls and that's it. It's my fuel. I watch them not getting bigger, not getting any stronger, just going through the motions while I'm pouring sweat trying to bust my ass every day in the gym. I don't understand half of it. I don't want to. I want to just seclude myself in my own little animal world and make the progress I know I'm destined to make as long as I keep this up. I did stop and talk to a bro who was going through some deep stuff for a few minutes. Isn't that the game though? Help a brother out when he's down or going through hell? Oh well, I'm just ranting at others habits I guess. /rant

Off Road
03-15-2010, 08:08 AM
That's why I lift in my garage :)

SCmmaFAN
03-15-2010, 09:45 AM
That's why I lift in my garage :)

+1

I used to lift at my high school and college gyms years ago. I used to get so mad because I'd be there to lift while a lot of folks would be there to socialize. I didn't care so much that they were there to socialize but they would hold up equipment while socializing/sets that it would slow everybody down who was there to really lift. I didn't even consider joining a gym when I decided to get serious this time around.

Mark!
03-16-2010, 04:20 AM
Well, basically I had a large post but it didn't go through, I aint typing it all again. Long story short...I ask the guys taking up a machine if they're going to sit there all night, they usually move. Now when I'm there they don't talk or sit around near as much. They've said I've helped them realize what the gym is for. I'm looking forward to this week, 2 solid days at Metroflex, hell yeah! Probably a heavy squat day Tuesday and Bench day Thursday. No workout today. Gotta rest. I haven't been resting at all lately. Time to do that better.

I had this typed up but it wouldn't let me post earlier, saved it, we'll see if it lets me this time.

Update--I ended up doing some cardio today. Walked on the dreadmill for 30 minutes, incline not less than 3.5, speed no less then 3.0 no greater then 4.0.

Tuesday I'm set for my session at Metroflex with my coach. After that, Wednesday the wife and I are going to the Museum of Natural History, and the Imax. I'm pretty excited about this. My wife loves going to places like this, I'm having to practically force her to do something she enjoys for herself. Will be fun. Thursday I'mm be flying solo at Metroflex for my work out there. Today I felt really awesome. I'm excited about Tuesday night. Good stuff.

Off Road
03-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Kick some butt at metroflex and enjoy the museum and movie. Sounds like a fun time.

Mark!
03-17-2010, 10:54 PM
3/16/2010-Metroflex Workout
Warm Up-Bike,Calf Raises, Stretching

Squats
135x6 Warm Up Set
225x5x5
225x3x5 with pause at the bottom for 2 counts then explode out of the hole. (These hurt but were great)

Deadlifts
135x5 Warm up set
225x5x5 Touch and Go
315x1x5 Touch and Go
365x1x2 Touch and Go-No problem at all.
225x6x3 Touch and Go for 3 reps then 30 second rest in between sets.

Kettle bell (My first kettle ball experience, and a good one too)
Kettle bell swings
45x6x3 Same setup as Deadlifts. 3 reps, rest for 30 seconds for 6 sets. These things hurt so bad but so good at the same time.

Went over some maintenance workouts to do with dumbells.
Zottman Curls
Front Raises
French Presses
Chest Flies

I'd done all of these except Zottman Curls, I'm excited to work these in.

Weight last week fully clothed-351
Weight this week fully clothed-344

Weight this morning naked-336.6

After I got home from working out I ate some steak and broccoli, good stuff. Went and played some basketball with the wife, fun stuff. Ran by the store and picked up some country style ribs, green beans, smoked salmon and cheese. Last night had the ribs, green beans and a little cheese, good stuff.

Mark!
03-19-2010, 09:15 PM
I was supposed to go to Metroflex Thursday but I was still horribly sore from squatting Tuesday night. I ended up doing some cardio at the house, and mowing the yard. Took ETS Friday night after finding my bottle, and feel about 75% better than before, still sore but not bad.

I did my bench workout tonight here at work.
Bench Press-Pause at bottom- 135x10x4 I had to rack the weight on the 8th rep of the 3rd set, and the 7th rep of the 4th set, I hit all reps after the re-rack.
Wide Grip Bench Press-120x6x2
Close Grip Bench-120x6x2
Dumbbell Flys-20x10x4
Three Way Delt Raise-15x10x3
Hammer Curls-20x10x3
Iso Prone Abs-30 seconds, 3 times

Cardio probably on my lunch tonight. Incline Walking, yay.

Mark!
03-20-2010, 04:03 AM
Got in some cardio on my lunch break. 30 minutes sustained intensity bike. 30 minutes 7 miles. Felt good.

I had my carb day yesterday, LOVED it! I weighed this morning, 339 lol. Let's see if I can drop another 10 pounds this cycle.

Mark!
03-20-2010, 08:46 PM
SKWAT MOAR!!!!!! It's my end goal..so yeah today was squat day, and I loved it.

-SQUAT-
195x5x5
215x5x1
305x2x1
192x5x1
135x5x1

-LEG CURLS-
85x8x2

-LAT PULL DOWN-
105x10x4

-NARROW REVERSE GRIP LAT PULLDOWNS-
92.5X8X3

-PLANKS-
30 seconds x 3 w/ 30 seconds rest in between. (I hate planks btw, bastards)

Mark!
03-21-2010, 08:14 PM
-CARDIO TODAY-

35 MINUTES 4.0 INCLINE 3.2 SPEED

Dumbbell presses right after cardio as quick as possible:
60lbsx10
40lbsx10
20lbsx20

May go walk again on my lunch for another 30 minutes tonight.

Off Road
03-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Nice job on the squats Mark. The practice is paying off.

Behemoth
03-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Awesome squats mark, stellar progression.

QUOTE=Mark!;2310708]

May go walk again on my lunch for another 30 minutes tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what the weathers like down there in texas, I hope it's a nice as it has been up here lately (about 72 today) makes for perfect cool morning and evening to get out there for those walks we do. Outdoor cardio > treadmill anyday. Hope yours went well this evening.

Mark!
03-22-2010, 01:44 AM
Thanks gentlemen.

Behemoth, it's been cold here in TX, not too cold here, a little chilly. Last night we had a good little snow storm that dropped about 7 inches on us. I'm at work so I usually just hit the dreadmill while I'm here. On my weekends, Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday I get outside with the wife and kids and do some outdoor cardio work with them. We're buying a basketball goal Wednesday, so that'll just add to the good ol cardio at home routine. I'll have to come up with a circuit, something like 25 baskets, 2 minute round heavy bag, jump rope, ab roller circuit, actually sounds like a good idea for my days away from the iron.

Mark!
03-22-2010, 04:10 AM
20 minutes cardio
15 mins dreadmill 5.0/3.2
5 mins bike

Been messing around with dumbbells lately, I've been avoiding them until here lately.
Dumbbell press from standing, single arm at a time, dumbbell starting from the shoulder then pressing.
80x2 right arm
80x2 left arm
70x2 right arm
70x2 left arm

Here lately I've also been experimenting with some breathing exercises, working on breathing more from the belly instead of my chest, causing unecessary movement and such. We'll see if it improves anything running wise, it should at least improve my breathing.

Behemoth
03-22-2010, 07:38 AM
Heavy oh pressin for sure

The Gasman UK
03-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Damn right. Good going.

Commute
03-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Well, basically I had a large post but it didn't go through, I aint typing it all again. Long story short...I ask the guys taking up a machine if they're going to sit there all night, they usually move. Now when I'm there they don't talk or sit around near as much. They've said I've helped them realize what the gym is for. I'm looking forward to this week, 2 solid days at Metroflex, hell yeah! Probably a heavy squat day Tuesday and Bench day Thursday. No workout today. Gotta rest. I haven't been resting at all lately. Time to do that better.

I hate this. I was a member of the NJSC a few years back and never in my life had I seen a group of individuals come all dressed up to the gym. They'd take up all of the machines and spend 90% of their time talking about nothing or trying to impress the women that were present. It also drives me nuts when people carry around their cell phones... who do you need to talk to while your working out... Answer: NO ONE!

f=ma
03-22-2010, 01:58 PM
strong stuff in here mark, keep it up

also, that ***** with people chatting on the phone while taking up equipment drives me crazy. thats why I am up at 5am to claim all of my equipment for the day all at once. MINE

Mark!
03-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Thanks Rory, something new that I've never put much attention towards until I saw some thick guys doing them at Metro, fun stuff.

Damn right. Good going.
Appreciate it Gasman

I hate this. I was a member of the NJSC a few years back and never in my life had I seen a group of individuals come all dressed up to the gym. They'd take up all of the machines and spend 90% of their time talking about nothing or trying to impress the women that were present. It also drives me nuts when people carry around their cell phones... who do you need to talk to while your working out... Answer: NO ONE!
The only reason I ever have my cell out, is because it's also my MP3 player when I'm working out at work. It usually keeps me centered and my mind on what's at hand. When I worked out at 24/hr fitness, I got tired of all the guys hitting on the women non stop, some of it was borderline douche bag. I felt sorry for some of those women, even if they showed up to work out, they got bombarded by jerks. Main target area? Steam room/pool. GAH!

strong stuff in here mark, keep it up

also, that ***** with people chatting on the phone while taking up equipment drives me crazy. thats why I am up at 5am to claim all of my equipment for the day all at once. MINE

Thanks Tim, I'm gonna keep at it until I'm physically not able to, ha. At work there's a window where one watch comes on, and the other watch has an hour before they get off, then my shift starts 2 hours later. So I try to get there because it's too early for some guys and too late for the others to go to lunch, usually an empty gym unless a jailer or someone is in there working out. We have SWAT tryouts in like two weeks so it's been a little more populated with guys that are testing, that'll be over soon, once they feel like that don't have anything to work for, they'll all gain 40 pounds again, happens every year, sadly.

JRider23
03-22-2010, 09:23 PM
haha yeah i use my iphone as my ipod and i CANT STAND getting a call on it. Last deadlift session during my lift one of my friends called me with 2 more reps left and when i answered after the sets (she called back.) she wouldn't stfu so i did that stupid thing where i made weird noises with my voice and said i was losing connection lol.

Man, excuse my french but this is ****ing dedication; i always love venturing here and seeing what you're up to. do you know how much you weigh now?

Mark!
03-22-2010, 09:57 PM
haha yeah i use my iphone as my ipod and i CANT STAND getting a call on it. Last deadlift session during my lift one of my friends called me with 2 more reps left and when i answered after the sets (she called back.) she wouldn't stfu so i did that stupid thing where i made weird noises with my voice and said i was losing connection lol.

Man, excuse my french but this is ****ing dedication; i always love venturing here and seeing what you're up to. do you know how much you weigh now?

Thanks bro, I use airplane mode every once in a while when all my chickens (wife and kids) are at home and I'm in the gym, but more times than not, I just don't answer if it's the generic ring.

I was 336 before my carb up, was up to 342 after that, now back to 337.4 this morning. Gotta keep plugging away, little by little. This diet is so hard because I all but fatally wounded my metabolism by not eating. I ate enough to keep a dog alive, around 800-1000 calories a day. My coach whipped me, I'm at around 2200 a day now, give or take a bit.

Today I just did some stretching in the gym, worked on squat form with 135 (don't know reps, just changed form up a little each rep to see how it felt). My wrist has been bothering me, or wrists rather but mostly my right one. It hurts pretty bad when I squat, and especially right after I let go of the bar after racking it. I'm going to get some inzer wrist wraps and see if those help at all. I've got to figure something out, I love to squat, not giving it up just because of some wrist pain. Metroflex does have a safety squat bar as a last resort, but I'd rather not go there.

fixationdarknes
03-22-2010, 10:35 PM
You seem to be doing a nice variety of awesome exercises man. Workout logs are looking really solid overall.

And I know what you mean by not wanting to use "safety squat" stuff lol. It pains me to even think about not doing the real thing. Hope your wrist gets sorted. Wrist stuff always sucks.

Mark!
03-22-2010, 11:48 PM
You seem to be doing a nice variety of awesome exercises man. Workout logs are looking really solid overall.

And I know what you mean by not wanting to use "safety squat" stuff lol. It pains me to even think about not doing the real thing. Hope your wrist gets sorted. Wrist stuff always sucks.

I appreciate it brother. I'm just trying to keep some consistency going. That in itself is a big step in the right direction.

Mark!
03-24-2010, 01:55 AM
Ah, good old Metroflex workout tonight.

-SQUAT-
Bar x 6
235 x 4
185 x 6 x 2 Pause at the bottom
Notes: Coach said first set of 185x6 was best looking sets, exploding at the bottom, both sets looked light, but overall, form is the best it's ever been right now, which is exciting.

-DEAD LIFT-
365 x 2 Much more explosive this week off the floor. I think deficit dead lifts have really paid off in this area.
195 x 3 x 7 sets Got excited on these. I was exploding like crazy off the floor, thrusting hips forward to lock out, felt amazing, and crazily light all the way through.

-ONE LEGGED DEAD LIFT-
60lbsx6repsx3 sets each leg
Notes: Never ever done these. Coach said he saw a sprinter use these to strengthen hamstrings and core, and boy did they do the trick as far as feeling it in thighs, hamstrings, and core. For anyone that hasn't done these yet, you should give them a shot. Start with dumbbells, it's easier at first, oddly enough.
Stand on one leg, put the other slightly behind you, then bend at the hips. The leg off the floor moves behind you, the dumbbells move slightly out in front of you, tap the ground, leg comes back to the other one, arms at your side, try to not let foot touch the ground for the entire set. Pure Awesomeness.

-DEATH BELLS- Ok Kettle Bells, not death, at all.
Kettle Bell Swings 85lbs x 12 reps x 6 sets (Last week was 45lbs x 10 reps x 6 sets)
Notes: I threw up in my mouth (water) on the 5th set, chugged some water and hit the last set. I was hurting bad, grunting, yelling, but hell yeah got it done baby! I was told if I couldn't handle the 85 pounder we could go back down to the 45, hell no! It's all mental, gotta push, gotta do whatever is asked of me, if it burns it works. There's a saying written on the wall right in front of the dead lift area where I was, it says "If it's easy, it's not worth doing." So much inspirational stuff written on the wall by my coach Josh Bryant, Ronnie Coleman, Branch Warren, and all the other pros up there. It's amazing.

Overall, tonight was absolutely amazing. The feeling after the work out, the burn, legs shaking, damn it feels good. I know I'm making progress by the way I feel. Oh yeah, I did get some Inzer wrist wraps. Anyone having wrist issues while squatting, GET SOME! It took the shoulder pain, and wrist pain right out of there, wrist is only as sore as it was before the work out, usually it's really bad afterwards. I went out to House of Pain in Fate, TX...right down the highway from my house, and that place is awesome. Anyone in the area, or even on the web, check em out. They've got great deals, great looking shirts, and great gear, extremely friendly guys there too.

f=ma
03-24-2010, 04:25 AM
hitting it hard, i see. squatting and deading in the same w/o is tough.. when i did bill starr 5x5, it would sap me. and ya, i def agree with the deficit deads. I have only ever done them in tandem with a calorie deficit so I can only imagine what it will do for me off the floor once i can start maintenance or better in a few months.

The Gasman UK
03-24-2010, 04:29 AM
lots of heavy movements in one day. I'm liking it! Respect for squats and deads.

Mark!
03-25-2010, 05:14 AM
Yesterday was an off day from the gym. I try to get in some outdoor stuff on Wednesday. We bought a basketball goal from a friend, she paid like $250 for it new, sold it for $45...heck yes! So, here's a joke of a rundown of what I did yesterday.

Mowed front and back yard
Weed-eated front and back yard...CRAP!- Got in a good cardio work out. Stupid weed eater wouldn't start. It's brand new...I always flood it first, ha.
Set up basketball goal out back, played basketball a total of probably 2 hours afterwards. Good stuff, even in the rain.
Dug up grass and weeds from around the air conditioner, laid landscaping fabric, carried massive bricks to A/C, laid them with some recycled rubber potting soil like stuff, was a lot of fun carrying bricks around the yard.
Went to the park and played baseball with my wife and kids. Really had fun. (Side note, don't even underestimate your wifes ability to hit a baseball...just don't..I was completely impressed by my wifes hitting ability afterwards)

Mark!
03-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Thought I updated this since Thursday mornings workout at Metroflex but I guess I didn't. So here we go.

Thursday Morning (Metroflex)
Bench Press w/pause at bottom-140lbsx10repsx4sets
Notes: These felt really good. I'm having to really dig deep on the last set still, and re rack the weight around the 6-7th rep then hit the last 4 or so, but the weights gone up a little since last bench day, and I'm still re racking around the same area so I guess it isn't all too bad eh?

Wide Grip BP-125x6x2
Notes: No re racking, felt awesome and smooth. Last time I did wide grip and close grip I had to re rack on last few reps, not this time.

Close Grip BP-125x6x2
Notes: Felt smooth and good here. Even popped a few more reps out on the last set. Good burn.

Dumbbell Fly-20x12x4
Notes: I try to keep the dumbbells around my belly button while laying on the bench, but on the last few reps of set 3 and 4 it gets shaky. Good burn here.

Three Way Delt Raise-15x11x3
Notes: These suck quite a bit, but leave a great feeling of accomplishment when completed. Feels good.

Hammer Curls-20x12x3
Notes: No complaints, feels good.

Iso Prone Abs-35 secondsx1x3
Notes: Yeah I still hate these while I'm doing them but afterwards, feels good.

Tomorrow is squat day, and I get to add iso prone side raises to the mix. Should be a good workout.

Today I played basketball for 30 minutes, worked up a good sweat. Afterwards I did some jump rope, as much as I could stand, about 5 minutes of it total, but was broken up in intervals. 30-40 seconds on, 60 seconds off.

Weight after breakfast:335.0 New PR this go round. Looking for 330.0 by next Thursday, that'll be my carb day. Looks like I'm gonna make under 330 by May. It's been my goal to get under 330 enough to enjoy some food on our cruise. I plan on still eating a lot of good foods, but upping the intake, haha. We are planning a nice hike to the Mayan Ruins, should be some good cardio, plus swimming and such, good times.

Clover
03-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Solid work Mark, looks like you are very dedicated to this. Thanks for stopping by my journal!

Mark!
03-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Appreciate it man. Thanks for stopping by here bro.

fixationdarknes
03-27-2010, 12:11 AM
I agree. You are very dedicated and your journal entries very much show that. I know you'll achieve all your goals with this attitude and mentality. Keep up the good work with everything.

Off Road
03-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Looks awesome, good luck with the squats.

Mark!
03-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Last night
HITT
15 minutes, 9 cycles 45sec jog/45sec run
Dead Lift
225x10,x5,x10. I wanted to hit 20 consecutive reps but whimped out, pissed about this.

Tonight
A lot of pre workout stretching, it really made a big difference.
-SQUAT-
205lbsx5repsx5sets
N: Felt good, no real issues. On the 4th set I hit the safety bar on the way down, screwed that rep up but I recovered mid rep and all was fine. Felt light.
-ONE LEG DL-
30x7x3
N: Better balance this time, no real blunders. I think if I was on a hard surface barefoot, it'd be better, will try that next time.
-LEG CURL-
60x10x2
N:Light weight
-LAT PULL DOWNS-
100x12x4
N: Felt good, last few reps on 4th set didn't want to move easily, but squeezed it out.
-REVERSE CLOSE GRIP LAT PULL DOWNS-
90x10x3
N:Easy stuff, felt light.
-PLANKS-
30 seconds 3x
N: Getting easier.
-SIDE PLANKS-
N: Don't like these much right now.
-BENCH PRESS-
135x10
No issues, felt good all work out. Really enjoyed this workout, weights felt light, I paused at the bottom of at least 2 squats each set, paused for about 4 seconds then exploded out of the hole. Felt like I was really getting some intensity. Everything else was good, felt good.

f=ma
03-28-2010, 06:17 AM
good stuff man, lots of volume

Mark!
03-28-2010, 08:50 PM
I wasn't going to work out much today but yeah, guilt hit me and pissed me off while sitting back all fat and happy on my couch. I played some basketball out back, then cooked my meals and my wifes meals for the day, sat on the couch looking for something to watch. The Biggest Loser was on Fox Reality, and although I haven't been a big fan of it, I started watching it. Those men and women were going at a high intensity their entire work out, pushing everything they could until they had nothing left...it pissed me off. I've been working out good, but my intensity blows monkey balls. Today...that all changed...

-Basketball-
30 minutes timed...shoot, if it goes in, grab it job back and shoot again, if it misses, go for layup or quick shot from where I get the ball from until I make it again, then jog back at shoot free throw again.

It was at this time that I thought about my intensity, or lack there of during my workouts. Tuesday nights I'm pushing all I can out with my coach, to the brink of throwing up, shaking, and breathing crazy heavy.

On my way to work I was trying to think of some sort of cycle I could do to really get me going. I decided to do the following...

-HITT 2 minute, we'll call them 2 minute drills-
1 minute jog, 30 seconds spring, 30 seconds jog (all on 3.5" incline)
-Good Mornings-
135lbsx6
-Romanian Deadlifts-
115lbsx6
-Bent Over Barbell Rows-
115lbsx6
-Bench Press-
135x6
-HITT 2 Minute Drill-
-----This done 4 times, with 45 seconds rest in between each set-----

After that cycle, I started a second round, like this:
-Good Mornings-
135lbsx5,4,3,2,1
-Romanian Dead Lifts-
115lbsx5,4,3,2,1
-Bent Over Rows-
115lbsx5,4,3,2,1
-Bench Press-
135lbsx5,4,3,2,1
-Bike for 6 minutes at 100 RPM--
1.2 miles done in 6 minutes
----Done as a cycle, GM's, Romanian DL, Bent Over Row, Bench Press for 5 reps, then did it again with 4 reps, then 3,2,1 reps, then bike ride----

I was pouring sweat, shaking, my body felt like it had just been through a grinder. It was an intense, heart pounding work out, felt freaking amazing afterwards man.

fixationdarknes
03-29-2010, 12:25 AM
I love workouts like those. Congrats man. I just had some brownies and ice cream today, I am feeling guilty lol. By the way, do you ever do shorter interval HIIT sprints? I just find that much past 10-12 seconds and it isn't really a "sprint" anymore and is more of a fast run and from what I understand the higher the intensity the more efficient the metabolic reaction afterward.

Keep up the good work.

Mark!
03-29-2010, 12:39 AM
I love workouts like those. Congrats man. I just had some brownies and ice cream today, I am feeling guilty lol. By the way, do you ever do shorter interval HIIT sprints? I just find that much past 10-12 seconds and it isn't really a "sprint" anymore and is more of a fast run and from what I understand the higher the intensity the more efficient the metabolic reaction afterward.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks bro. I'm looking forward to some brownies and ice cream on Thursday....mmmm carbs.

I've been reading more in to HITT and have been wanting to try a pyramid type set up, something like:

Jog Run
30sec 15 sec
30sec 20 sec
30 sec 25 sec
30 sec 30 sec
30sec 25 sec
etc, but I've yet to give it a whirl. Treadmill HITT sucks...it's not too bad with the treadmill we have because it has an interval button, just tap it and it switches to whatever run/jog speed you set when you started your work out, it's easier then having to be all out running at 9.0 and trying to hold the dang speed down button...ha.

Checked my blood pressure again today, 125 over 74, still just about perfect for a fat guy.

fixationdarknes
03-29-2010, 04:01 AM
Haha, so you are carb cyclin' it up? What's your diet setup look like? How often do you load on carbs?

I use the Gymboss Interval Timer and sprint out on a park near my house for HIIT, it's pretty sweet. I've never actually run on a treadmill before, but I could imagine how annoying interval training would be on that! Let me know how that pyramid goes, sounds like it'd be worth testing out.

Mark!
03-29-2010, 04:19 AM
Meal 1 = Eggs and Bacon/Sausage
Meal 2 = Lean Beef Steak/Fish and low carb veggies
Meal 3 = Chicken and low carb veggies
Meal 4 = Chicken/fish and low carb veggies
Meal 5 = Lean Ground Beef

Right now I'm 12 days low carb, 2 days carb up. I absolutely love it. I've always enjoyed eating chicken, steak, salmon, and veggies it was just all the other stuff I've cut out like pasta, pizza, sweets (my sweet tooth is horribad, I can eat ice cream all day long). It was harder though to actually eat food. I was practically starving myself trying to lose weight, now I'm eating twice as much, and losing weight.

The Gasman UK
03-29-2010, 07:06 AM
Meal 1 = Eggs and Bacon/Sausage
Meal 2 = Lean Beef Steak/Fish and low carb veggies
Meal 3 = Chicken and low carb veggies
Meal 4 = Chicken/fish and low carb veggies
Meal 5 = Lean Ground Beef

Mmm tasty lean protein goodness , you're making me hungry!!!

Mark!
03-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Heck yeah, love me some meat! I'm also big on green beans, spinach and broccoli so this diet is pretty awesome to me.

Today I woke up tired, couldn't wake up at all so I figured just lounge around until work time, which was good. I played about 25 minutes of basketball out back, just leisurely shooting around, nothing too crazy.

JohnS
03-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Today I woke up tired, couldn't wake up at all so I figured just lounge around until work time, which was good. I played about 25 minutes of basketball out back, just leisurely shooting around, nothing too crazy.

I love to play basketball in the mornings, especially, in sunny mornings.

fixationdarknes
03-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Damn well good job with that. I don't know if I could ever do low carb cycling, I'm too much of a pussy haha. Your diet does sound tasty though. Keep up the good work!

Mark!
03-30-2010, 02:32 AM
On my lunch here at work I did some dead lift work, nothing too crazy just lifting some weight...

DEADLIFT
225x10
365x6
385x3 I guess this would be a PR for reps, I've lifted 405x1, but never 385 for 3, eh ok.
I thought about trying to pull 405 but ha, didn't wanna chance it.
315x4
225x10

OHP
135x5
(I usually just do some OHP's after dead lifts cuz I gotta re rack the bar anyway, figured I was already there, knock em out.)

Zottman Curls
40lbsx12

Cable Chest Pulls V/Bar
97.5x20

Dumbell Press
70x10 each arm

I hate that I go to the gym, not going to do much, and then I just start doing things, whatever I feel like doing I'll do. I wanted to dead lift some, that was it since it's technically my "off" day, ****...yeah right. I feel like crap if I don't do something...if I don't workout, if I don't lift something my body feels sluggish. I don't know. I'm gonna be doing quite a bit of cardio over my weekend (Tues, Wednesday, Thurs) so we'll see. Get a new yorkie later today, will post pics of my bastard yorkie along with the little princess we'll be getting.

Weight this morning after breakfast...333.4LBS.

f=ma
03-30-2010, 04:15 AM
nice lifting buddy. i hate my off days. i wish i didnt need rest. lunch at 2-3am huh? do you always work night shifts?

Mark!
03-30-2010, 04:22 AM
Ha, yeah lunch around 0000-0300 usually, always work night shift. My seniority isn't high enough to get a good shift on days, plus I like deep nights, it's quiet most of the time, but busy enough to keep me entertained, haha. Hopefully I can move from the police department to the fire department and have 24 hours on, 48 hours off again.

The Gasman UK
03-30-2010, 04:35 AM
Good workout for a 'day off'. Yeah sometimes its good just to do 'whatever' as long as you train hard. Strong deads, I'm looking forward to getting back up to 385x1 soon. Nice OHP too!

Mark!
03-30-2010, 04:48 AM
I haven't tried anything heavier for OHP...I really want to get that up. 135 is just a little measley to me, I may pick a day and see what I can max at for 1 rep.

Mark!
03-31-2010, 01:40 AM
Today at metroflex was great.

-Squat-
Barx5 Warm Up
225x6
265x5x3
155x6 Pause at bottom

-Dead Lift-
225x5
365x2
235x3x7 minute rest in between sets

-One Legged Deadlift-
3x6 each leg
We did opposite arm this time, was interesting. Held 35lb dumbbell in right hand, stood on left foot, touched dumbbell to floor just outside of my left foot, opposite for other sets.

-ATLAS STONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-
Forward---I have been wanting to do atlas stones since forever, Phil Phister, watching him do them just set the fire under my ass, man...I was psyched to get to do them today babe!
116lbx5x5-I'm guessing it was a 14" slater stone. We started the first set to just get form and check things out, trainer said form was great for someone that's never done it before, I've watched a lot of videos and read a lot, ha. My first set was done in around 50 seconds...that's one stone per 10 seconds. I pulled the stone in to my lap, thrusted it up on the platform, took it down in to my lap, then back to the platform. Here's the good part, after getting a feel after my first set, I started busting balls. My last set was done in 24 seconds. I'm definitely wanting to do more atlas stones, that is totally awesome.
-Kettlebell Swings-
45lbx15x4

On my walk to the parking lot, I tossed my cookies. Wasn't like all out spewing, just a little but damn that was one hell of an intense work out. It's awesome when guys are standing around checking out what you're doing and then say "Awesome job" and "Nice Workout big boy" as you're leaving. I feel like I'm making some bad ass progress here. Only flaw...do not...DO NOT weigh yourself after chugging a gallon of water during a workout...holy crap, I actually looked it up, a gallon weighs freaking 8.35lbs...oh brother. I felt like crap when I weighed, then felt great when I found out the weight, haha. Jeez. Sometimes I get so crazy about weighing too much, I need to have my wife hide the damn scale. Jeez.

I wanted to thank all the guys who've stopped by here and said what's up and all. You guys are awesome. I enjoy reading your journals and think it's awesome when you guys stop by here. Great encouragement and inspiration. Thanks a lot guys.

f=ma
03-31-2010, 04:08 AM
extra water weight is meaningless. if i dont weigh myself at a specific time in the morning, mine is completely off. i bloat as much as 7lbs up during the day due to water. when i was in the 230s, it was as much as 10lbs with food/water

solid workout, keep it up

fixationdarknes
04-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Lol @ the water weight. Stuff like that has definitely happened to me. Awesome stone stuff man. I'd love to try that some time. Seems hard as hell! Keep up the good work.

-edit: I watched some atlas stone videos. Logically it doesn't make sense to me why that is safe to do as the technique requires a rather curved back upon lifting the stone. How can that be safe? Anyway, good luck with that.

Mark!
04-01-2010, 06:05 AM
I've seen quite a few videos, and noticed that too. As I was doing them, my back never curved quite like a lot of guys. They pick up the stone dead weight bent over, I pick it up from the squat position with my arms around it, then sat it in my lap, stretch my arms around it and explode all the way through the top on to the platform. I was watching Derek Poundstone do like 555 lb stone, and his back was really curved at the bottom of the lift, but again he looked as if he was bent over picking up the weight and not squatting it, then setting it, then exploding through. I'm not going to critique him, he's freaking amazing, but that's just my view point about his technique. I feel more pull in my back dead lifting 405 than I do lifting an atlas stone, granted the stone I'm lifting is only about 120lbs or so.

Mark!
04-01-2010, 11:42 AM
This AM at metroflex:

Bench (Paused) -145x8x4
Felt really good today. Didn't have any issues with weights. The last 2 reps had to be forced out but was really good and smooth all the way.

Bench Wide Grip- 130x6x2
Smooth, no issues here, good stuff.

Bench Close Grip-130x6x2
Again, no issues. Smooth fluid movements all the way through.

Dumbbell Fly
20lbsx15x4
These feel good usually, after bench pressing it's pretty crazy. The weights are low, but yeah.

Three Way Delt Raise-20x6x3
Felt good.

Hammer Curls
30x8x3
Good

Planks
38secondsx3

That was the end of the written work out, but the more I looked at the Atlas Stones, the more I wanted to do them. So here we go...
Small Stone (116lb I think) 116lbx4x5 Loving these right here. I wanted more, and got it.

Squat-again, like the atlas stone, I love squatting.
225x5-felt like it exploded out of the hold every rep. Felt great.
330x1-PR Previous PR for squat was like 305 since I started working out again, that was a few weeks ago.
Been working on going down faster with the heavier weights, then exploding out of the hole, really felt good.

I kept eying the Atlas Stone that was one size larger than the one I've been using, I think it's around 170lbs per size.
Larger Stone x 4 reps-I had a hard time getting started, I'm thinking form, but after I got that sucker in my lap, busted out 4 reps from lap in squat position to platform. Felt awesome!!!

That's it for today. Today is refeeding. Feeling stronger, and lighter all around. Steady pace both ways.

f=ma
04-02-2010, 04:31 AM
nice nice. solid workout

may i ask: whats your routine? it seems random.

Mark!
04-02-2010, 05:38 AM
I've varied from what my trainer writes down each week, generally it's this...

Tuesday Night: Heavy Squats, Dead lift, accessory work.
Wednesday Night: Cardio in any form I want, active rest.
Thursday-Bench day, accessory work after bench.
Friday-Cardio: Jump Rope tabata
Saturday-Squat work sets, accessory work
Sunday-Cardio, active rest
Monday-Rest

I have a horrible habit of doing more then what's given. I always do my workouts that are emailed to me each week, but I do more. This week was refeed, so I have crazy energy Thursday and just didn't want to stop. It seems like I always get in to a groove and don't want to stop working while I'm in the gym. There's little rest in between sets, i have to force myself to walk to the water fountain just to rest between sets. I'm trying to get that issue taken care of though. Basically, I get emails from my trainer each week, and do that work, but I want more. I want to do more while I'm at the gym because I feel like I'm not doing enough. I want more. I want to lift more weight, I want to sweat more, hurt more, feel it more on my ride home.

JRider23
04-02-2010, 10:10 AM
woah!!!!!!!! great squats!! just curious, but why did you do them at the end of your workout? I couldn't even imagine attempting a PR by 25 lbs for squats as the last part of my workout.

Mark!
04-02-2010, 05:21 PM
woah!!!!!!!! great squats!! just curious, but why did you do them at the end of your workout? I couldn't even imagine attempting a PR by 25 lbs for squats as the last part of my workout.

Thanks buddy. I wasn't even going to attempt to squat today, it was just my bench day and that was supposed to be it. But the more I started working, the better I felt. I had my refeed that day, and the night before so I was feeling great. I started by just doing Atlas Stones, then one thing just led to another and I started squatting. 225 felt extra light on my back so I wanted to throw another plate on to see how it felt off the rack. Felt good, so I stepped out, repped it, no problem.

I know you should always squat before your bench, but when I went into the gym I didn't even plan on doing anything else but my bench work.

Mark!
04-02-2010, 09:29 PM
-Todays work out-
20 minutes basketball
Jump Rope-30 seconds on/30 seconds off, 5x
10 minutes basketball free throws, shoot, run to ball, run back to free throw line and shoot again. I made 48 baskets
Jump Rops-30 seconds on/30 seconds off, 5x
-Done-

I woke up today hungry as hell. I don't feel bad at all, was just hungry. Back to cycling the good ol carbs now, 12 days, yippee!

Mark!
04-03-2010, 06:32 AM
Worked out on my lunch tonight at 0300, I found another complex to try out, wore me the hell out. I have set lifting days, then cardio/whatever days set. Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday are set days that I get workouts for from the trainer, along with 2 cardio sessions. We discussed what to do on days I don't have anything set and he said complexes are great, just keep the weights low. So here's todays work.

I did this complex 4 times. I had originally planned on just three but I pushed myself really hard to get a 4th set.

ALL DONE WITH 95LBS (2 25's and the bar)
Dead Lift x 6
Romanian DL x 6
Barbell Rows x 6
Power Cleans x 6
Front Squat x 6
Push Press x 6
Back Squat x 6
Good Mornings x 6

Rest in between sets = 2 minutes.
By the time I was done, that was it. I didn't/couldn't do anything else. Tomorrow is heavy squat day, yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f=ma
04-03-2010, 08:30 AM
ouch, complexes before squats. you are tougher than me. good work!

Off Road
04-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Wow! You did that crazy complex before your heavy squat day? Nutz!

fixationdarknes
04-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Dang man there's a lot going on here! Haha, well GL and HF with those stones man. They sound awesome. And complexes damn! I hate doing more than like 5 reps in a set haha.

Mark!
04-03-2010, 08:52 PM
ouch, complexes before squats. you are tougher than me. good work!
Eh, light weight with high reps, feels really good.

Wow! You did that crazy complex before your heavy squat day? Nutz!
Felt good man. I felt like crap after the complex but once I settled down, was golden. Got some good sleep last night, felt great when I woke up.

Dang man there's a lot going on here! Haha, well GL and HF with those stones man. They sound awesome. And complexes damn! I hate doing more than like 5 reps in a set haha.
Stones are a heck of a lot of fun man. If you ever get the chance to try them out, take it. I really love doing them. It's not even a work out it seems because I'm having so much fun with them.

-Tonights Work Out-
SQUAT!
215x5x5
225x3
285x1
315x1
205x10
N: All squats felt good. My work sets at 215x5x5 felt extremely light. 315x1 with pause at the bottom, went down fast came up smooth.

ONE LEG DL
30X8X3
N: Sort of rushed these, hams were burnin.

LEG CURLS
80x6x2

LAT PULL DOWN
110x10x4

NARROW GRIP LAT PULL DOWNS
90x10x3

SKULL CRUSHERS
60x8x2

Entire work out felt great. Energized, great mood all around tonight. What used to be hard is becoming more easy. Really really groovin tonight.

Clover
04-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Keep it up Mark. Looks like you are kickin ass in the gym.

Mark!
04-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Keep it up Mark. Looks like you are kickin ass in the gym.

Appreciate it buddy.

I've come to the conclusion that it may be time for a break. I've got to force myself to not do anything in the first week of May due to a cruise, and I don't wanna be stowed away in the weight room, or cardio room probably, I can't imagine an abundance of weights on a cruise ship, but oh well. I'm still going to push hard until then, but I had been thinking about hitting the gym a few times while out at the sea. There's a constant soreness SOMEWHERE on my body every day, be it arms, back, thighs, legs...it's always something that's been shocked due to the last workout. I'm going to focus 110% on strict diet, which I've been really good at while carb cycling, and on my big 3 lifts, doing maintenance work on off days still. I'm at the brink of hitting 330 and going below that on this 12 day cycle, that'll be my low for 2010 so far, however I don't suspect that to last too long after May. I won't be over 300 come 2011, then ever again!

Mark!
04-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Whew! Tonight was good stuff.

--Hammer Strenght Iso Lateral Rows--
180x8repsx4sets
I'm not sure how to weigh this...I had 90 on each side but they're independent so I'm guessing maybe it's 90lbsx8x4 each arm?

--Hammer Stength Wide Grip Pulldowns--
180x8x4
270x6x2

--Rack Pulls from just below Knee--
225x3x5
315x2x3
405x1x4

A Whole lot of stretching today before and after working out. Felt really good.

f=ma
04-05-2010, 04:09 AM
nice squats and back work. keep at it

Off Road
04-05-2010, 08:03 AM
I've never tried Hammer machines, but I hear they are the best if you are not using free weights. How do you like them and how do they feel compared to free weights?

Mark!
04-05-2010, 09:52 PM
nice squats and back work. keep at it
Thanks bud.

I've never tried Hammer machines, but I hear they are the best if you are not using free weights. How do you like them and how do they feel compared to free weights?

Eh, I really don't know yet. All in all, the HS machines won't be the staple in any workout I do, but they're nice for a change of pace from time to time. The iso lateral row felt pretty good all in all, but again, I like using BB's over them still. I get more of a workout of course from the BB's. I haven't used the machines enough quite yet to tell if I like any part of them over BB's, but I'll still use them every once in a while I suppose.

chevelle2291
04-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Workouts are looking great Mark! That Atlas stones+kb swings workout looked like a lot of fun, even if you did :drooling: . I'm a bit lazy right now, but it sounds like your goal is weight loss/fat reduction. What are your stats now? How's that carb cycling going for you? I may do that during the summer to get a little more ripped up. Debating between that and keto.

Mark!
04-06-2010, 02:39 AM
I had my refeed last Wednesday and Thursday, before the refeed I was 333, I weighed yesterday I think, or the day before and I was at 332.6, so I'm hoping I'm back in to keto already and the weight will come off pretty quick. Hoping to get below 330 during this cycle, whjch would be my goal for May. I really want to get around 320 before May so I can hit the open seas amd enjoy the food on our cruise. Looking at the schedule, I'll have 2 more refeeds in this month, however I'm thinking about getting my refeed the 14th and 15th, then cycling until the 30th when we leave. God that's going to be hard and suck, but I want it so bad.

Stats:
Age 25
Height: 6'1
Weight: 332.6
Started at 22 I think? Was around 460lbs.

fixationdarknes
04-06-2010, 03:15 AM
Damn dude, I had no idea you've come such a long way. Awesome job. I'm rooting for you. Cruise sounds nice right about now XD

Mark!
04-06-2010, 04:50 AM
Damn dude, I had no idea you've come such a long way. Awesome job. I'm rooting for you. Cruise sounds nice right about now XD

I'm so ready for the cruise. I've never been on one, I've been reading up on everything I can about the ship and looking at pics. Completely excited about it. We're going to Progresso and Cozumel Mexico. Gonna hike around the Mayan Ruins, then at Cozumel we're just gonna relax on the beach. Got about 3 weeks to go until we leave. Ya'll better behave while I'm away too. haha

fixationdarknes
04-06-2010, 04:57 AM
That sounds perfect! I've never really been on a real cruise myself.

Damn, I've been eating candy and cookies and stuff. So much for behaving lol.

f=ma
04-06-2010, 07:49 AM
same, tremendous progress! keep at it

brihead301
04-06-2010, 09:30 AM
First off, great job on the weight loss so far!!! You got this s***!!!!

Second, expect to gain about 10 - 15 lbs. on the cruise. I've done 2 so far...one this year, and one last year. All I did was eat/drink/eat/drink/eat/drink.....then sit on the beach and check out foreign chicks!!! It's lots of fun, but it's definately the polar opposite of being in 'training mode'....f*** it though, enjoy the s*** out of yourself!

Third, nice last few sessions too. You are a beast!

Mark!
04-07-2010, 12:27 AM
-Tonight At Metroflex-
Ronnie Coleman was there finishing up his thing, it's always pretty awesome watching him, gets me pumped for my session, ha. Actually got to talk to him today since he was finishing up as I got there, pretty cool guy, real nice.

Light weight this session, more like a deload week, next week we kick it back up.
-Squat-
135x5 Warm up
265x5x2
215x6x2 LONG pause at the bottom, around 3-4 second pauses.

-Dead Lift-
225x3x6 30 second rest in between sets.

-Atlas Stones-
small stonex6x4
Medium stonex6x1
^^Both of these sets were done from the side, with a twist at the top to hit the obliques and maximize conditioning, interesting concept and work out, but really felt great. Worked on exploding out of the hole as much as possible.
Large Stonex0x2- Pissed me off. 270lb stone, I wanted it just once but couldn't even get it in my lap. Josh blamed it sort of on being fatigued after squats, dl, and other stone work, but still pissed me off.

-One Legged DL-
50lbx3x3-Each leg
Did the alternating DL again, DB in right hand, touch on outside of left foot, then opposite.

-Medium Atlas Stone-
Just to end of a positive note before ending the workout, I grabbed the medium stone and threw it up on the platform once since I had missed the 270 pounder twice. I think I may try to get it Thursday after benching. If not, we'll get it next week.

I felt really good the entire work out. Moving through things with ease. Weights feeling really light, but reps make it burn. During atlas stones my forearms and fingers went numb from grasping the stone during the sets, but felt great non the less. Had a blast tonight, really awesome time.

f=ma
04-07-2010, 06:20 AM
solid lifting man. i want to try some stones at some point.

Mark!
04-07-2010, 07:04 AM
Thanks man. Sorry to hear you're under the weather bro, hope that gets better real quick. We did some videos today, hopefully he'll have his little composition together and I can post here doing stone work, so much fun.

brihead301
04-07-2010, 07:42 AM
All that strongman stuff sounds f***ing awesome!! I've done altas stones a few times in MMA class, and they are definately an interesting workout...very awkward to hold.

Off Road
04-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Great session with the stones and talking to Ronnie.

Mark!
04-07-2010, 09:30 PM
All that strongman stuff sounds f***ing awesome!! I've done altas stones a few times in MMA class, and they are definately an interesting workout...very awkward to hold.
Very awkward to hold at the bottom, squeezing my forearms to try and get the stone in to my lap really left my forearms scuffed up, but feel great today. Woke up sore though in my arms and lower back. Slept forever, felt pretty good.

Great session with the stones and talking to Ronnie.

Thanks OR, felt really good all during the work. And of course talking to Ronnie was impressive. That guy is a beast.

Morning Weight-329.8 2010 Low so far, looking for 326 by next Wednesday, then 320 by the end of the next cycle to reach my goal before cruise. Going to really push in to over drive these next few weeks. I'll be doing some 2 a day workouts, weights in the evening, cardio in the early morning. Gotta reach my goals. I'm a man on a mission, no stopping now.

Clover
04-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Morning Weight-329.8 2010 Low so far, looking for 326 by next Wednesday, then 320 by the end of the next cycle to reach my goal before cruise. Going to really push in to over drive these next few weeks. I'll be doing some 2 a day workouts, weights in the evening, cardio in the early morning. Gotta reach my goals. I'm a man on a mission, no stopping now.

You'll reach those goals at this pace for sure man. Keep smashing weights right up until the cruise.

fixationdarknes
04-08-2010, 04:56 AM
You have some of the most varied and overall epic workouts ever haha. Squats, DLs, Stones, motherfreaking one-legged DL's, and more Stones! That is the shiz. Keep up all the work, you're inspiring :)

chevelle2291
04-09-2010, 01:51 AM
I had my refeed last Wednesday and Thursday, before the refeed I was 333, I weighed yesterday I think, or the day before and I was at 332.6, so I'm hoping I'm back in to keto already and the weight will come off pretty quick. Hoping to get below 330 during this cycle, whjch would be my goal for May. I really want to get around 320 before May so I can hit the open seas amd enjoy the food on our cruise. Looking at the schedule, I'll have 2 more refeeds in this month, however I'm thinking about getting my refeed the 14th and 15th, then cycling until the 30th when we leave. God that's going to be hard and suck, but I want it so bad.

Stats:
Age 25
Height: 6'1
Weight: 332.6
Started at 22 I think? Was around 460lbs.

Nice man that's a lot of progress! :clap: What's your final goal weight? Also, you'll love that cruise. I went on one with my family when I was much younger and it's still ranked pretty high up on my list of favorite vacations.

Mark!
04-09-2010, 03:25 AM
Nice man that's a lot of progress! :clap: What's your final goal weight? Also, you'll love that cruise. I went on one with my family when I was much younger and it's still ranked pretty high up on my list of favorite vacations.

Thanks brother, I know I'm going to really enjoy the cruise. I can't wait. I've got to remain cautious of what I eat and how much of it I eat. I'm definitely going to enjoy some food, I heard the warm melting chocolate cake is divine, there's also pizza and ice cream as well. I'm going to treat it as a refeed. After next weeks refeed, I'm going to carb down until the cruise.

My goal weight is about 260, then I want to get freakishly strong.
Current Weight: 332 Goal Weight: 260, then build.
Current Bench: 275 Goal Bench: 400 (I don't know about 1RM here, I haven't maxed out, ever)
Current DL: 405 Goal DL: 500
Current Squat: 330 Goal Squat: 500

Tonight, went out in to the garage with my wife, and did some complexes.
Romanian Dead Lift
Bent Over Rows
Unilateral Curls + OHP
Zottman Curls
Squats
Dumbbell Swings

Weights, reps and sets as follows:
35lbs each arm x 10 reps x 2 sets
30lbs each arm x 8 reps x 1 set
25lbs each arm x 6 reps x 1 set *Extreme intensity and speed, strict form, done in 1:14*
15lbs each arm x 15 reps x 1 set *Final drop set*

10 minutes shooting free throws +running to get rebounds so they didn't hit neighbors garage door resulting in getting the cops called on us, haha, really works on reflexes and speed.

-DONE-

Diet was good. Tried to make some zero carb ice cream, well...it turned out tasting ok...just ok not any better. Oh well.

Off Road
04-09-2010, 08:04 AM
crazy complex. nice job.

SCmmaFAN
04-09-2010, 09:27 AM

Diet was good. Tried to make some zero carb ice cream, well...it turned out tasting ok...just ok not any better. Oh well.
Well, tasting OK is better than tasting bad.

You are working hard and it's all going to pay off. I like your attitude of not wanting to sit around doing nothing for a day.

Mick Manley
04-09-2010, 10:47 AM
On my lunch break I went back in to the gym. I felt like doing something, so, here's a quickie.

Warm Up, Stretching

DL-10x135, 8x225, 4x315, 0x405 I missed 405 AGAIN!!!! I got it up higher, but still can't lock it in. It's starting to frustrate me. 315 feels so much lighter. Here's to working up instead of skipping plates!
Squat-6x225, 3x315, after incline press, I wanted one more, so I got back in the rack and pushed out another @ 315. Felt even better for the 4th rep.
Incline Press-115x20 regular grip, 115x5 close grip (REST) 115x12 reg grip, 115x5 close grip (regular grip and close grips done in succession, then a rest, then again)

That was all I wanted to do. Felt good to get in there again today and move around some.

youre warming up to the weight wrong. id do this

135x10
185x5
225x3
275x1
315x1
365x1
405x1

Mark!
04-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Tonights workout was amazing! Really intense, felt amazingly pumped the entire time. Zoned out, didn't let anything bother or distract me, heck yeah.

Bench Day
-BP W/PAUSE AT BOTTOM-
155x6x4 Felt great. I've noticed that where I used to stall on the bench, I've learned to push through. If I get stuck, I can move the weight more towards my head while pushing up, or towards the rack, and it goes. Feels great hitting all my reps now. I know the weight is low, but this is the foundation.
-WIDE GRIP BP TOUCH AND GO-
135x6x2
-CLOSE GRIP BP T&G-
135x6x2 These always feel quicker and easier. Probably a focused center of gravity on the bar?
-DUMBBELL FLY-
25x8x4
-3-WAY DELT RAISE-
20x8x3
-HAMMER CURLS-
35x6x3
-BARBELL ROLL OUT-
5x3 Ow

-DEADLIFT "MANLEY" STYLE-
135x10
185x5
225x3
275x1
315x1 Felt amazingly light
365x1 Felt light...not amazingly...but light.
405x1 HELL YEAH BABY!!!! I pulled it, got it to my thighs easily, rest of the way was smooth, locked that bad boy out. Even after the entire work out, I hit 405x1. I was psyched to get this rep. I wanted another one but decided to just be happy with the 1, and do 2 drop sets.
225x5x1
135x10x1 This right here...this felt so amazing light. My first rep after exploding off the floor felt like it came up to my chest. After 225 I quickly slid a plate off each side then hit this.
Mick Manley, thanks for the advice bro. I really really appreciate it!

15 Minutes Dreadmill for cool down. 7.0 incline 3.2 speed

-DONE-:moon:

Off Road
04-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Hey, congrats on those deads. Getting heavy for sure.

Mark!
04-10-2010, 07:43 AM
So I took measurements this morning, some I was happy with, others depress me, haha, but I realize I'm still a work in progress. I'm making progress every day, week, month, etc. I really wish I would have measured myself back when I was over 400. I do know, however that my waist has come down quite a bit from the 58 inch it used to be.
Chest:49
Waist:52
Hips:48
Biceps:18
Forearm:14.75
Thigh:30.5
Calf:21.5
Neck:17

I'm trying to avoid weighing until at least Monday, so I can hopefully see more then a few ounces lost. I need at least 327 before Thursday, that's a MUST, not optional for my goals. We'll see. Hard work pays off, and I'm definitely not afraid of hard work when it comes to busting mine in the gym. I'm going to add at least 15 minutes of cardio after my workouts every day until Cruise Day. Wish me luck.

f=ma
04-10-2010, 01:22 PM
nice dude 405 dead is nothing to sneeze at. when youre finally ready to eat more instead of less, that number is going to explode

PWO cardio has helped burn fat for me a great deal... and dont worry about the measurements you dont like. like you said, its a work in progress... stay consistent and all will fall into place. youve come too far already from your starting point to accomplish anything but everything. whens the cruise?

Mark!
04-10-2010, 04:25 PM
We leave May 1st around 4:30. We're planning on leaving the Dallas area at about 1 or 2 in the morning, driving to Galveston and hanging out around there until it's time to board. Planned on a hotel but I figured I'd just drive through the early morning and save $100, it's something we could use while we were in Galveston that morning for a museum or something.

AM Weight......328...Another weight PR.
I feel tight today in my upper body. My legs always feel great it seems. Will be doing a lot of stretching and probably some complexes and cardio stuff today. Looking forward to hitting the gym in about an hour.

Mark!
04-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Today's workout sucked, but oh well.

Barbell Complex
Deadlift
Barbell Rows
Power Cleans
Front Squat
Push Press
Back Squat
Good Mornings
I did 3 sets, 6 reps, 105lbs. Intensity today was that of a new born. I felt slow, sluggish, worn out. I got MAYBE 3.5 hours of sleep last night between the stupid kids next door, and my male yorkie trying to eat them through the fence. I was borderline going to the parents and asking them to politely stop beating on our fence right next to our window. Yes, we do sleep during the day since we both work nights, but they were just being crazy with the hammer on the fence, and their parents are always understanding.
PWO Cardio: 15 Minutes really slow on the bike. That was about all I could muster up. I got a great sweat going, everything felt labored. Was not a good work out, but I'll get some sleep, and have a wonderful squat day tomorrow. Hoorah!
On a side note, I am feeling quite a bit better now after a long hot shower. I just need some sleep and all will be well. I'm hoping it isn't my carb deficit that's causing me to burn out. I may have to up my refeeds if that's the case, which will slow the weight loss but may be mandatory so that I can at least feel like doing something. Anyone have any suggestions? Is it safe to assume, for the time being, that's it's lack of sleep? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Off Road
04-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Complexes ALWAYS suck :)

fixationdarknes
04-11-2010, 12:31 AM
I dunno man. There just seems to be so many factors in one's life that could be causing the sluggishness. I wouldn't doubt your low carb intake is one of if not the primary reason, but I mean sometimes I am just feeling depressed about something in particular (maybe not related to training/diet at all) and it greatly contributes to my sluggish nature.

Anyway, killer complexes! Maybe I'll finish off a lifting session one of these days with some complexes. Never done them before though so I don't really know what lifts to do or how much to use hah.

Mark!
04-11-2010, 12:55 AM
I dunno man. There just seems to be so many factors in one's life that could be causing the sluggishness. I wouldn't doubt your low carb intake is one of if not the primary reason, but I mean sometimes I am just feeling depressed about something in particular (maybe not related to training/diet at all) and it greatly contributes to my sluggish nature.

Anyway, killer complexes! Maybe I'll finish off a lifting session one of these days with some complexes. Never done them before though so I don't really know what lifts to do or how much to use hah.

Man, I was sitting on the bike, zoning out it was so bad. I feel great now though, so I don't know. I haven't eaten any carbs, I had a mini breakfast today (I know, not good) but all in all...I'm thinking lack of sleep. I'm gonna hit the treadmill for the HIIT in a few minutes, see how things turn out. I'll at least walk for 30 minutes but I'd like to do 10 seconds run 50 seconds walk for at least 10 sets,

Mark!
04-11-2010, 02:17 AM
Oh heck yes! Went back to the gym for some cardio/stretching and boy I'm glad I did. It completely cleared the air and made me feel so much better.
HIIT 45 second walk 3.0/15 Second Spring 6.0 on 2.0 incline...10 cycles.
10 minutes sustained at 3.0 MPH at 6.0 Incline.
Dragon Flags 6x3, very slow on the way down, exploded back up. By mid way 2nd set my "abs" were burning, after 2nd set I sat up on the bench, cramp!!!!! I squeezed out the last set with a constant burning/cramping, love that.

I was pumped the entire time. I didn't have any problems running, felt really really good.

Mark!
04-11-2010, 08:44 PM
-SKWAT!!-
Barx10
135x5
225xoh ****! I was completely not focused. I did 2 reps and everything just went forward. I was rushing and not paying attention to anything going on, really really sucked. I bailed out from under it, no problem, haha. Lessons learned, don't squat, even if it's 225, unless you're focused.
225x5x5 -After reassesing my situation, I felt confident in getting back under it, no problemo. Last few reps burned and felt really good throughout, good stuff.
275x1
315x1 - Went down, slowly came back up smoothly. It's nice to be able to hit a 300lb squat everytime now.
135x7

One Leg DL
60x10x3 Right Leg
60x10x3 Left Leg
I've found my balance is worse with my right leg than my left leg, how odd.

-LEG CURLS-
80x8x2
170x4x2 for ****s and giggles

-LAT PULL DOWNS-
110x10x4(+1set) I did these in the wide grip lat pull down hammer strength machine today. Definitely not the same as cable pulls. I ended up hitting another set just to get close to the same burn.

-NARROW REVERSED LAT PULLS-
90x10x3

PWO CARDIO- 10 minutes treadmill speed 3.0 incline 3.0

nfraher
04-11-2010, 09:49 PM
lookin good man! Keep at it. I cant wait to start my HIIT, this week has been crazy.

Coke
04-11-2010, 10:18 PM
It's nice to be able to hit a 300lb squat everytime now.

No doubt man, 3pps squats is a milestone!!

chevelle2291
04-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Today's workout sucked, but oh well.

Barbell Complex
Deadlift
Barbell Rows
Power Cleans
Front Squat
Push Press
Back Squat
Good Mornings
I did 3 sets, 6 reps, 105lbs. Intensity today was that of a new born. I felt slow, sluggish, worn out. I got MAYBE 3.5 hours of sleep last night between the stupid kids next door, and my male yorkie trying to eat them through the fence. I was borderline going to the parents and asking them to politely stop beating on our fence right next to our window. Yes, we do sleep during the day since we both work nights, but they were just being crazy with the hammer on the fence, and their parents are always understanding.
PWO Cardio: 15 Minutes really slow on the bike. That was about all I could muster up. I got a great sweat going, everything felt labored. Was not a good work out, but I'll get some sleep, and have a wonderful squat day tomorrow. Hoorah!
On a side note, I am feeling quite a bit better now after a long hot shower. I just need some sleep and all will be well. I'm hoping it isn't my carb deficit that's causing me to burn out. I may have to up my refeeds if that's the case, which will slow the weight loss but may be mandatory so that I can at least feel like doing something. Anyone have any suggestions? Is it safe to assume, for the time being, that's it's lack of sleep? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Was that an off day workout? Damn I used just the bar and 5 pound bumper plates for height and felt exhausted. Not exhausted muscularly but metabolically. That complex is pure hell, but I like it a lot. Usually I do the 6-1 rep method and try to finish under 12 minutes with variable rest periods. I find that it really taxes my lower back too with the good mornings near the end.

Mark!
04-12-2010, 02:07 AM
lookin good man! Keep at it. I cant wait to start my HIIT, this week has been crazy.
Thanks man, I don't enjoy HIIT that much, haha but I definitely don't mind the results so it's completely worth it. Hope your week calms down. This week at work has been crazy, we've been so busy with everything, ready for it to be over with. 2 more hours!

No doubt man, 3pps squats is a milestone!!
Thanks Coke! It really feels good knowing I've progressed strength wise.

Was that an off day workout? Damn I used just the bar and 5 pound bumper plates for height and felt exhausted. Not exhausted muscularly but metabolically. That complex is pure hell, but I like it a lot. Usually I do the 6-1 rep method and try to finish under 12 minutes with variable rest periods. I find that it really taxes my lower back too with the good mornings near the end.
Technically...yes haha it was an off day workout. This complex is the one I've been doing here and there but I'm thinking about keeping it for a while and doing it on off days. It wouldn't have been half as bad if I just hadn't of felt so crappy that day during the first work out. The 6-1 method, you talking about 6,5,4,3,2,1 reps? I love doing that for time. I guess that's what I like about complexes, you can change them up and still get a good workout in regardless of reps or movements. Thanks for stopping by bro.

fixationdarknes
04-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Dang dude 3pps looking nice. Workout overall is looking good.

The more I see you doing complexes or talking about them the more I want to start doing some! =)

Mark!
04-12-2010, 03:35 AM
Dang dude 3pps looking nice. Workout overall is looking good.

The more I see you doing complexes or talking about them the more I want to start doing some! =)

I don't like doing traditional cardio. Was talking with Brian Dobson, owner of Metroflex Arlington, he said he never did cardio when he was competing, he did high rep high intensity work, so I figured if I don't like the treadmill, and I don't go to the park all that often, why not? It's been working for me. I like it a lot because even when doing them, you can hit different bodyparts. On the treadmill it's pretty much legs and not much else, so if I can hit some complexes, get my heart rate just as high, and work other parts of my body, just makes sense to go with that. I think you'd like them, it's about movement, not weight, you'll find that out real quick if you try to go heavy at first. Give them a shot buddy, they're fun.

fixationdarknes
04-12-2010, 03:50 AM
Yeah I know what you mean. After my experience of seemingly-overtrained legs I will never simply do ONLY sprinting as my conditioning workout. Which lifts, rep/scheme, etc. would you recommend I start with? And if I'm lifting heavy weights M-W-F when would/could I do complexes? If I'm doing them on an off day I'd most likely have to rely on bodyweight exercises if that's acceptable. Or could I do them at the end of a workout, or would I have to replace a whole lifting workout with it?

f=ma
04-12-2010, 04:30 AM
very nice complexes and squats bro, keep hacking at it. working out at metroflex must be interesting to say the least

Mark!
04-14-2010, 12:35 AM
I rested Monday, didn't do too awful much.
AM Weight: 325

Tuesday Night at Metroflex

-SQUAT-
Warm ups
275x5x2
230x6x2 Pause at bottom

-DEADLIFT-
370x2
255x3x6 1 minute rest between sets

-ATLAS STONES-
180x6x4
150x6x1-Had to lower weight to get last set in, pissed me off.
250x0xI don't know how many times. Josh blamed it on my arms and hands being so sweaty, I blamed it on my ability to be a pussy. My forearms were bleeding, not just scratched, bloody, yeah, but damnit I wanted it. I guess eventually we'll get it huh?
My wife has given me the go ahead, for sometime in the future to put an atlas stone platform in the garage, and to buy a few atlas stone molds to make a couple for home practice. My wife kicks ass! I need some tacky, was told it would make my grip problems non-existent.
-ONE LEGGED DEADLIFT-
50x4x3 each leg

Overall, squats and deadlift felt amazing. Going up in stone size proved ineffective, I got 4 sets done but it hurt like hell, I had to stop at times and later in the sets it took me a few times to lap it. I'm really not happy with my performance on stones tonight, but at least it gives me the chance to kick some ass next week on them. I guess I'm sort of split emotional here. I'm stoked about the weight loss, but bummed about atlas stones.

fixationdarknes
04-14-2010, 03:31 AM
I love that you take those stones so seriously man! (I don't mean that to sound sarcastic, I'm being serious) It's great to see someone so motivated in weight loss, strength, technique/skill, and badassery all at the same time.

You'll get that stone man! You certainly work hard enough :)

The Gasman UK
04-14-2010, 04:42 AM
Squats, deads, stones and one legged deads. That's old skool training right there. The best kind.

Mark!
04-14-2010, 06:49 AM
I love that you take those stones so seriously man! (I don't mean that to sound sarcastic, I'm being serious) It's great to see someone so motivated in weight loss, strength, technique/skill, and badassery all at the same time.

You'll get that stone man! You certainly work hard enough :)
I appreciate it man. Sometimes I worry I don't work quite hard enough with things. I didn't want to hit a wall at all on this cycle, I know there will be walls, but just didn't expect one with this. I really wanted things to just fly smoothly, haha. I guess I take them so seriously because it's something I'm doing, and I want to do it really well. I think I may want to compete someday, so I want to be really good at it early with the lower weights so that when I get to the heavier stones, form and function isn't really an issue.

Squats, deads, stones and one legged deads. That's old skool training right there. The best kind.
Oh yeah man, I love this stuff. It's every day in the gym that something gets accomplished. I feel progress all the time. Heck before I started 275x5x2? Are you serious? I had a hard enough time with 275x2 before. That in itself is huge progress to me. I love it.

Refeed starts today, exciting stuff. Forgot to mention, I went to the guys over at House of Pain Monday evening and I have to say those guys rock! I bought another pair of inzer z wrist wraps. If you guys get a chance to deal with them, definitely take it. All around great guys out here. Luckily they're just right down the road from me.

brihead301
04-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Nice work man!!! That's an awesome BB complex that you did. I've done a similar one, and I like to do it like this:

choose a weight that you will stick with the entire time, and do the entire complex 6 reps every lift, no rest from lift to lift.....then rest 1 minute after the complex is complete....repeat the complex doing 5 reps every lift....rest 1 minute....repeat complex doing 4 reps....rest 1 minute.....3 reps....rest 1 minute....2 reps....rest...1 rep...

Sticking to the rest times really kicks your a**!! I love complexes!

Off Road
04-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Ya buddy...squats, deads, and stones! That's a MAN SIZED workout right there.

Mark!
04-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Nice work man!!! That's an awesome BB complex that you did. I've done a similar one, and I like to do it like this:

choose a weight that you will stick with the entire time, and do the entire complex 6 reps every lift, no rest from lift to lift.....then rest 1 minute after the complex is complete....repeat the complex doing 5 reps every lift....rest 1 minute....repeat complex doing 4 reps....rest 1 minute.....3 reps....rest 1 minute....2 reps....rest...1 rep...

Sticking to the rest times really kicks your a**!! I love complexes!

Hell yeah man, I've done a complex like that one time and really really enjoyed it. I've been thinking about maybe doing the reps like that, but upping the weight each set. Maybe add 5 lbs each set during my rest. I may play around with that this week, instead of generally going down in weight.

Mick Manley
04-14-2010, 09:51 AM
how u like them stones?

Mark!
04-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Ya buddy...squats, deads, and stones! That's a MAN SIZED workout right there.
Thanks OR, it took everything out of me to get through it but we managed. Had one dropset on stones that was forced, but it went well. Thanks for checking in.

how u like them stones?
Mick, I absolutely love stones. It's an awesome workout and feels great, plus it's a whole lotta fun.

Mark!
04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
I didn't get quite as much rest as I would have liked to get Wednesday or Thursday, but I got enough. I did get quite a bit of food on my refeed. Good stuff.

Friday Night-Arms
-BENCH PRESS-
barx10
135x5
165x6x6 w/pause.
N: I made it through all my reps without having any issues at all. No stopping to rerack or not being able to lock it out. Felt great.

-Wide Grip BP-
140x6x2
N: No reracks, everything went smoothly.

-CLOSE GRIP BP-
140x6x2
N: Again no issues at all. Close grip feels better then wide grip though.

-DUMBBELL FLYS-
25x10x4

-3 WAY DELT RAISE-
20x8x3

-HAMMER CURLS-
35x10x3

-ZOTTMAN CURLS-
20x8x3

-ISO LATERAL ROWS- (Hammer Strenght)
3ppsx6x3

-SKULL CRUSHERS-
65x6x2

f=ma
04-17-2010, 08:33 AM
nice volume on the arm work. keep hitting it bro

Off Road
04-17-2010, 09:04 AM
I haven't seen anybody use 6 x 6 in years. Everybody wants to do 5 x 5 or 10 x 10 these days. Stuart McRoberts recommends the 6 x 6 for volume, nice to see somebody using that set/rep scheme. How'd you like it?

Mark!
04-17-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm absolutely loving it right now. My bench was horrible, it's still horrible, but less horrible than before I guess. I feel like I'm actually making some progress with this routine. Granted I have never really done a routine for arms or anything, probably why they're so weak. I can't wait until I'm using 200lbs for my work sets.

Behemoth
04-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Nice workout back there. With the wide bench and flys you were working pretty heavy on the chest, was that just some supplemental work in addition to your chest training or was this an all ecompassing day?

Mark!
04-17-2010, 08:43 PM
It was all a part of the training for the day. My bench day is always middle finger on ring, wide grip, then close grip followed by dumbbell work. By the end of my dumbbell work I'm usually pretty taxed.

Coke
04-17-2010, 09:39 PM
nice volume on the arm work. keep hitting it bro

No joke, session is looking nice Mark.

fixationdarknes
04-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Looking solid as usual. By the way, what do your refeed days typically consist of? I'm gonna need to do some sort of refeed at some point as I have begun carb cycling (about 50g on non-lifting days and 100 on lifting days). I don't feel too shabby though, perhaps I'm not low enough? Eh, I'll keep with it, but what I'm wondering is when I do refeed, is it like eat cake and ice cream and whatever I want? Or more like whole wheat/complex carbs?

Mark!
04-18-2010, 02:37 AM
The way it was explained to me, and the way it's been working for me is on my 48 hours of refeed, I eat anything and everything I want. However, it was said that when I get to a lower weight, I'll have to be more cautious with refeeds to keep it cleaner, but right now it hasn't mattered much. I still try to keep it a little clean, I have a horrible ice cream tooth, I love ice cream, Weight Watchers has some latte bars that only have about 20g carbs per bar so I stock up on those during my refeed. At your low weight, I'd ask someone that has more experience in cycling at lower weights, as it's probably going to be a lot more cleaner than what I do.

The Gasman UK
04-18-2010, 05:21 AM
ooh yeah 6x6 nice. Might have to try that sometime.

f=ma
04-18-2010, 09:53 AM
yar. honestly, any kind of linear progression whether 5x5, 6x6 or whatever is going to do the job. plenty of paths

Mark!
04-18-2010, 05:10 PM
I was reading about the true 6x6 program Palmieri talking about doing 6 reps with a pause, then holding the bar, squeezing as much as possible at lock out, taking 3 huge breaths, then doing another 6 reps, hold at lock out, squeeze and breathe, etc for 6 sets. Talks about how taxing it is and how much it pushes you mentally physically and is a good cardio work out. I may play with that tomorrow, sounds interesting to say the least. Squats today, will be back after the work out. Looking for an hour and a half in the gym today at least with workout + PWO Cardio. We shall see. Gonna go tear it up!

StLRPh
04-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Great job with everything Mark. Just read through your journal and you've made great progress.

Mark!
04-18-2010, 08:43 PM
-Sunday Night-
To start out, my thighs and knees felt like absolute crap. I spent about 20 minutes doing stretches and warm ups and still felt tight. I got on the treadmill for a few minutes, light job, did some jumping around, anything to loosen up. Loaded 135 hit it twice, felt 110% better. So...off we go!

-SQUAT-
barx5
135x5
235x5x5-Work set. All reps felt good, reps 1 thru 3 were easy, 4 and 5 of the last 2 sets slowed just a bit, but not too awfult much.
275x2
315x1
340x1 +10lb PR. Well, maybe. I used my belt...does it still count for a PR if I'm wearing a belt?
225x5

-1 LEGGED DEAD LIFT-
40x5 Each Leg First set I rushed, 2nd and 3rd set I slowed down, focused on the stretch and really got a good burn.

-LEG CURLS-
70x10x2 Slow, nice a smooth, weight all the way down before starting another rep. Felt so good.

-LAT PULL DOWNS-
180x8x4 with hammer strength. Had 120 written down in my email from trainer, but the bands here at work only go to like 110, did 2pps on hammer strength and upped the reps by 2 each set.

-NARROW GRIP REVERSE PULLDOWNS-
100x10x3

-ZOTTMAN CURLS-
30x8x2
Jumped right from dumbbell rack to treadmill
PWO CARDIO- 10 minutes treadmill 3.0 speed 6.0 incline. Heart rate around 130 starting, 125 or so throughout.

fixationdarknes
04-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Lookin' good man. Squats are FTW! Congrats on that PR. I kinda think that still counts wearing a belt. I mean you still pushed the weight up haha.

Clover
04-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Workouts are looking good Mark. Squatting with a belt counts. I'll be getting one in the summer and I'll probably do all my PRs in squats and deadlifts with it.

Coke
04-18-2010, 11:32 PM
New squatting PR is huge Mark.

Mark!
04-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Lookin' good man. Squats are FTW! Congrats on that PR. I kinda think that still counts wearing a belt. I mean you still pushed the weight up haha.
HAHA, True, the weight did go up. My wife was watching, next time I'll have her record it for depth/form consultation. She said I went below parallel so I was happy about that.

Workouts are looking good Mark. Squatting with a belt counts. I'll be getting one in the summer and I'll probably do all my PRs in squats and deadlifts with it.
This was the first time putting it on since I bought it. I don't necessarily think I'll be using it all that much right now, but when weights get heavier I wanted to have it just in case.

New squatting PR is huge Mark.
Thanks Coke! Can't wait to get it even bigger.

I think I could have pushed 350 up but my legs were already taxed and I still had 1 legged DL and leg curls to go plus PWO cardio, didn't push it too far tonight.

fixationdarknes
04-19-2010, 01:20 AM
I asked my sister to watch my squat depth on my 255 1RM, but like you I still want to have the recording to see for myself. I think, at least for me, the good thing about maxing out on Squats (or any lift really) is that when you go back down to do some rep work the next week it doesn't seem all that scary anymore. Still taxing, but not like HOLY **** IM DYING. That's sort of how I felt when I was Squatting 205 for reps a couple weeks earlier, but now I will just realize that I CAN squat it and just get through it.

So 12 more days 'til the cruise eh? I wanna go too lol.

Mark!
04-19-2010, 02:44 AM
I asked my sister to watch my squat depth on my 255 1RM, but like you I still want to have the recording to see for myself. I think, at least for me, the good thing about maxing out on Squats (or any lift really) is that when you go back down to do some rep work the next week it doesn't seem all that scary anymore. Still taxing, but not like HOLY **** IM DYING. That's sort of how I felt when I was Squatting 205 for reps a couple weeks earlier, but now I will just realize that I CAN squat it and just get through it.

So 12 more days 'til the cruise eh? I wanna go too lol.

I know what you mean. Before when I was squatting 225 for work sets, or heck even before I knew what work sets were, I was squat 185 a few times and be like Oh my God I'm going to die! Now I'm doing 235 for work sets, 275 twice, 315 and 340. It feels great. I did 225 after 340, it felt light, but my body was done with squats, haha. CRIKEY!!! It is only 12 days! 6.5 more working days!!! That's what I'm counting at least, lol. I plan on going to the gym Thursday before we leave and absolutely wrecking the place, a nice long workout, then leave for the coast Friday night. I may post some pics up of the gym that day, and me afterwards drenched in sweat.

I wanted to originally get to 330 before the cruise, but I'll probably gain 10 pounds, so I want to be at 320 before the cruise, I'm all but given up on that. 8 pounds in 10 days? No way Jose. MAYBE 4...at most. We'll see. I'm just gonna do my thing and see how it goes. 2 a days in the gym, I HAVE to get some running and conditioning in this week, might go to the park and push the car around. Who knows.

WORKOUT 2-COMPLEX and other miscellaneous dandies!
---Barbell Complex---
*Done with 95 lbs, 6,5,4,3,2,1 reps*
DEADLIFT
ROWS
CLEANS -Hate, one rep actually flew out of my hand, I ended up catching it mid air and continuing with reps.
PUSH PRESS

---RACK LOCKOUTS---
225x2
185x5x5

---6x6 Pause---
I tried jacking around with the 6x6 bench press where you do 6 reps, hold the bar at lock out, breathe 3 huge breaths, then do another 6 reps...but I failed miserably.
135x6x2.5--haha man I couldn't do anymore than this. I was done as far as benching goes.

---CABLE CRUNCHES---
82.5x25x4

---Crunches---

---PWO CARDIO---
BIKE for 12 Minutes

And that'll be all.

f=ma
04-19-2010, 07:00 AM
belt definitely counts, grats on the PR. nice complexes, taxing stuff. 6x6 in the manner you described doesnt really seem plausible with any kind of real weight. thats 36 reps without any kind of reracking. progress with that doesnt seem likely :P

Off Road
04-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Wow! Nice squat Mark. Belt definitely counts. Great job.

Mark!
04-19-2010, 07:59 AM
belt definitely counts, grats on the PR. nice complexes, taxing stuff. 6x6 in the manner you described doesnt really seem plausible with any kind of real weight. thats 36 reps without any kind of reracking. progress with that doesnt seem likely :P
HAHA, the pdf I got said use a taxing weight...so yeah, it blows. Maybe I'll do it with just the bar for starters tonight after deadlifting. We shall see. Thanks for the support, and for stopping by.

Wow! Nice squat Mark. Belt definitely counts. Great job.
Thanks man, I don't want to squat PR's every week but I'm thinking 340 felt good, maybe try 345 or 350. I think I'll wait a bit though, I don't want to push anything. Thanks for stopping by.

brihead301
04-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Awesome job on the PR!!! Yes, it counts if you use a belt.

Damn it's been a long time since I've done more then 315 lbs. on a squat....I'm slowly workin my way back up to that weight, but it's a tedious process.

You still do Judo? I hear you mention it a lot in my journal, but I never see you write about it in here.

Mark!
04-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Awesome job on the PR!!! Yes, it counts if you use a belt.

Damn it's been a long time since I've done more then 315 lbs. on a squat....I'm slowly workin my way back up to that weight, but it's a tedious process.

You still do Judo? I hear you mention it a lot in my journal, but I never see you write about it in here.

I haven't played Judo in a good while. My sensei moved back to Mexico and I haven't found another place yet, really haven't been looking too hard, ha. I stopped at 1st Class Ikkyu. Never tested for my Shodan, I got lazy when it came to promotions.

KoSh
04-19-2010, 05:48 PM
You're busting your ass in here. Well done bro.

fixationdarknes
04-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Haha epic barbell flying out of your hand during Cleans. Nice training session man. Hey by the way, I want to recommend to my brother-in-law what kind of training program to follow for fat loss. I know you do a ****load of work, and I somehow doubt he'll be as awesome as you are, but can you give me a simplified version of what you do each week? Do you always do complexes before you do the (heavy) lifts? Then follow up with cardio? I'm sure it's different on different days, just tryin' to get a feel for this kind of thing XD

The one thing I think I can explain to him is carb cycling and eating the proper diet (e.g. eat less, lol) to lose weight, but as far as how to implement complexes and such into the routine I'm not sure what the best approach is.

gatorman2k6
04-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Awesome work in here Mark! Looking back some, you have a ton of variety in your lifting hitting the complexes, singles, stones, reps, etc. Keep up the great work!

chevelle2291
04-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Lookin' solid, Mark. I can't wait to see the before/after shots of you. Should give Unholy a run for his money....:thumbup:

Mark!
04-19-2010, 09:13 PM
QUOTE=fixationdarknes;2323397]Haha epic barbell flying out of your hand during Cleans. Nice training session man. Hey by the way, I want to recommend to my brother-in-law what kind of training program to follow for fat loss. I know you do a ****load of work, and I somehow doubt he'll be as awesome as you are, but can you give me a simplified version of what you do each week? Do you always do complexes before you do the (heavy) lifts? Then follow up with cardio? I'm sure it's different on different days, just tryin' to get a feel for this kind of thing XD

The one thing I think I can explain to him is carb cycling and eating the proper diet (e.g. eat less, lol) to lose weight, but as far as how to implement complexes and such into the routine I'm not sure what the best approach is.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to really explain what exactly I do since I technically only have 3 days of SET lifting. Tuesday I do whatever Josh tells me to at Metroflex, Thursday or Friday I have my Bench Day, and 2 days after Bench Day is Squat Day. Somewhere in between there I do Dead Lifts usually earlier in the week. I would say my routine is laid out as follows...

Monday-Rest...sometimes I'll play basketball or do a light complex but I try to rest as much as possible for Tuesday night at Metroflex.
Tuesday-Metroflex with trainer..heavy squats, heavy dead lifts, atlas stones, kettlebell work, one legged deadlifts, we do circuit type stuff with reps, 10 or so reps, 1 minute rest for 6 sets, etc.
Wednesday-Cario outside, basketball, running, baseball, something out doors and fun. I MIGHT throw in a complex at night in the garage with dumbbells.
Thursday-If my schedule allows I go back to metroflex for bench day. Afterwards I'll do some extra work depending on how I feel. I may squat, dead lift, or do stone work.
Friday-Complexes. This is my first night back to work, so I come in 2 hours early to work out. I'll do complexes, may dead lift a little or do some other accessory work here along with post work out cardio on the dreadmill or bike. Along with complexes, my heart rate gets up there pretty good and gets the fat burning.
Saturday-Squat day unless I benched on Friday. If not squatting I'll do the complexes and extra work from Friday, everything just moves back a day in that case.
Sunday-Squat day if I benched on Friday. If not, I'll do complexes and cardio.

I know, nothing is absolutely set in stone, but this has been working well for me so far. I get the three set days in at least each week, and depending on how my body is feeling, I'll adjust the other workouts accordingly. Besides my main work out I may do cardio on my hour lunch, or may even do a quick 4 movement complex. I do a lot of work, I haven't had any issues with losing weight or anything, I think that's partly due to the low carb stuff keeping my metabolism up with the help of the refeeds. I feel good, I soak in pepsum salt, it really does help. On nights I don't I usually take a good long contrast shower. I think the complexes have really helped keep the weight coming off because I do them quite a bit, on top of 10 or so minutes of incline cardio, so it's like an entire cardio work out when doing them + cardio. My workouts are always fun to me because I get to do so many different things. If there's something that really taxes my body, I add it because if it makes me sweat and breathe heavy, I know I'm working harder. Cleans...for instance I said I would take them out, however...I did them last night because they suck and hurt, lol.

Awesome work in here Mark! Looking back some, you have a ton of variety in your lifting hitting the complexes, singles, stones, reps, etc. Keep up the great work!
I think that's what keeps me coming back for more each day. I have a variety of things I can do to keep my interest up. I know I can always do something that I enjoy, plus it really helps that I've grown to love Squats and Dead Lifts, Benching isn't my favorite yet but I imagine when the weight goes up on that like it has for squats, I'll enjoy it more.

Mark!
04-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Lookin' solid, Mark. I can't wait to see the before/after shots of you. Should give Unholy a run for his money....:thumbup:

Unholy is just a sexy beast, he worked so hard for where he's at right now. Thanks for the encouragement. I want to take before/after shots when I'm down to about 300 even, we'll see. My wife says she see's it, everyone else says they see it, even strangers in the gym, but I guess I see myself everyday it's hard to notice change in the mirror.

Morning weight: 326.4 Come on 6 more pounds!!!!!

Clover
04-19-2010, 10:55 PM
"A watched pot never boils."

You're making progress for sure.

brihead301
04-20-2010, 08:11 AM
That's one hell of a schedule there my friend.....with some diet discipline, you'll get down to 300 in no time. Dieting is the #1 hardest part IMO. I like to eat my greasy foods, pizza, and drink beer too much....otherwise I'd be a lean, ripped SOB.

The Judo sounds cool, you should find a new Sensei and get back on that again!

The Gasman UK
04-21-2010, 03:24 AM
300 is a good target. Good luck keep the training hard!

f=ma
04-21-2010, 06:49 AM
Unholy is just a sexy beast, he worked so hard for where he's at right now. Thanks for the encouragement. I want to take before/after shots when I'm down to about 300 even, we'll see. My wife says she see's it, everyone else says they see it, even strangers in the gym, but I guess I see myself everyday it's hard to notice change in the mirror.

Morning weight: 326.4 Come on 6 more pounds!!!!!

its very hard to see changes in oneself. thats why tracking with pics and a journal is important, especially in improving in hindsight. e.g., i was a butterball in january and i wouldnt even be able to tell the diff now except that i have pics over time. keep hitting it, you have the dedication to take it all the way.

Off Road
04-21-2010, 08:20 AM
You are making fantastic progress.

Mark!
04-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Morning Weight: 324.2

I didn't get to train with my trainer last night. I ended up moving my mom and what in itself was enough workout for me. Moving heavy items, being pretty much the only guy that can lift there, was fun.
Finalized some plans for the garage area with the wife, she's all go, when we save up some money of course.
Atlas Stones
Flipping Tire
Push/Pull Sled
Sandbags
Punching Bag-Already have

I'm excited about it. I figured eventually we'll get a log press and some farmers carry handles as well.

Today we're going to the part, I'm planning on pushing the kia a few times back and forth, doing some sprints and then walking around the trail there. Probably won't get that much more in today.

gatorman2k6
04-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Good job on staying active, even when you can't get to the gym. Those are some cool things for your home and should allow you to get some great GPP/strongman training in. I've always wanted to push my car around in a parking lot to see what people say, but I can never bring myself to actually do it.

skinny99
04-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Great work in here man! I love it when my warmup sets pass my work sets of a month or two ago! Progression is awesome!

Coke
04-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Finalized some plans for the garage area with the wife, she's all go, when we save up some money of course.

Atlas Stones
Flipping Tire
Push/Pull Sled
Sandbags
Punching Bag-Already have

I'm excited about it. I figured eventually we'll get a log press and some farmers carry handles as well.

Wow man, even I'm excited - that's gonna be awesome!!

fixationdarknes
04-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks for that detailed post about your schedule! That definitely helps. I'm gonna sit down with my sister and bro-in-law tonight or tomorrow night and try to explain to the best of my ability how stuff works and what they need to do.

Also, nice weight there! 4 more lbs eh? Definitely take those before pics, it'll be awesome to look back when you're a ripped mofo XD

KoSh
04-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Home gyms = awesome. Mine should be arriving this weekend. Muahahah.

Mark!
04-21-2010, 08:46 PM
"A watched pot never boils."

You're making progress for sure.
Thanks man.

That's one hell of a schedule there my friend.....with some diet discipline, you'll get down to 300 in no time. Dieting is the #1 hardest part IMO. I like to eat my greasy foods, pizza, and drink beer too much....otherwise I'd be a lean, ripped SOB.

The Judo sounds cool, you should find a new Sensei and get back on that again!

300 is a good target. Good luck keep the training hard!
I've looked in to a few different places, my boys want to get in to it as well. We'll get back in to it and start over, it's great cardio haha.

its very hard to see changes in oneself. thats why tracking with pics and a journal is important, especially in improving in hindsight. e.g., i was a butterball in january and i wouldnt even be able to tell the diff now except that i have pics over time. keep hitting it, you have the dedication to take it all the way.
Thanks bro, I've got starting pics from when I was 350 I think, so -50lbs should help show something I'm hoping.

You are making fantastic progress.
Thanks OR.

Good job on staying active, even when you can't get to the gym. Those are some cool things for your home and should allow you to get some great GPP/strongman training in. I've always wanted to push my car around in a parking lot to see what people say, but I can never bring myself to actually do it.
People usually don't say much, they look though. I think they're probably thinking I have car trouble, but when they see it turn around and me push it again they don't seem to care anymore.

Great work in here man! I love it when my warmup sets pass my work sets of a month or two ago! Progression is awesome!
It really is an amazing feeling.

Wow man, even I'm excited - that's gonna be awesome!!
I can't wait, I'm fortunate my wife is cool enough to tap in to my goals and be right there with me to encourage and support every thing.

Thanks for that detailed post about your schedule! That definitely helps. I'm gonna sit down with my sister and bro-in-law tonight or tomorrow night and try to explain to the best of my ability how stuff works and what they need to do.

Also, nice weight there! 4 more lbs eh? Definitely take those before pics, it'll be awesome to look back when you're a ripped mofo XD
Thanks man, it'll be awesome to see.

Home gyms = awesome. Mine should be arriving this weekend. Muahahah.
HAHA, have fun with that.

Mark!
04-21-2010, 08:53 PM
As the title of this journal says..well hell...I woke up, ate breakfast-egg, bacon, sausage omelette, put salsa and ketchup on top of it. I moved some stuff around still situating my mom, did some homework for my computer class, and went back to sleep, all was well.

I woke up with the most intense, painful stomach cramps I've ever had I think. I went to the bathroom, was not pretty. After waging war with the toilet and trashcan at the same time, I decided to take a nice long bath, soaking in some pepsum salt. I fell asleep there, woke up and felt a lot better. Went back to sleep for a few hours, now I feel pretty good. Stomach still hurts a bit, but it's not sharp killer pain like before.

Verdict...I think it was the moldy salsa. It was sort of funny at this point because as I sat there giving my offering to the porcelain God, I thought of Encinco man. "The Cheese is old and moldy. Where is the bathroom?" Good times.

The Gasman UK
04-22-2010, 06:16 AM
breakfast-egg, bacon, sausage omelette mmmm I'll leave the salsa though thanks lol

brihead301
04-22-2010, 08:40 AM
MMMMM....breakfast sandwich with moldy salsa....

Haha, you ruined my food porn fantasy with the story about it afterwards dammit!

Anyway, that's awesome that you're gonna get back into Judo. That stuff is really bada** man. Like MMA and BJJ are bada** and all, but Judo is insane....constantly getting thrown to the ground for hours straight. That would destroy me. Some of the Judo videos I see are just nuts....all these different throws and crap. Great skill to learn though!

Mark!
04-22-2010, 11:47 PM
breakfast-egg, bacon, sausage omelette mmmm I'll leave the salsa though thanks lol
Ahaha, just make sure it's not so far out of date that it goes bad, lol.

MMMMM....breakfast sandwich with moldy salsa....

Haha, you ruined my food porn fantasy with the story about it afterwards dammit!

Anyway, that's awesome that you're gonna get back into Judo. That stuff is really bada** man. Like MMA and BJJ are bada** and all, but Judo is insane....constantly getting thrown to the ground for hours straight. That would destroy me. Some of the Judo videos I see are just nuts....all these different throws and crap. Great skill to learn though!
Judo is good stuff. My Dad learned it in the Army, taught me a lot of stuff when I was young, just stuck. It's a lot of fun.

Mark!
04-23-2010, 12:04 AM
THURSDAY NIGHT SESSION @ METROFLEX

-SQUATS-
BAR x 5
225 x 5
295 x 3 x 2 Freaking amazing! Man these suckers felt great. Not problemo at ALL!
255 x 3 x 3 Long pause at the bottom, at least 3 seconds each rep, really pushed me here but was awesome stuff.

-DEADLIFT-
Right to the heavy stuff, loved it!
395 x 2
285 x 3 x 6 Quick explosive reps, 70 seconds rest after each set.

-ATLAS STONES-
DAMN 270lb stone, my grip is awful even with athletic tape and spray on stickum. If you want good tacky don't use the spray bullcrap. It works alright for lighter stuff but the heavy stuff it still slips quite a bit. My tacky in the jar was on my door step after I got back from the gym though so hopefully Tuesday will be a different story.

150lb stone x 6 x 3 Each set done under a minute, averaged about 45 seconds a set with 60 second rest in between. These were fast hard and heavy towards the end. Really dug deep and kept moving. Each set started from the floor, then each rep afterwards done from the lap.

-GLUTE-HAM RAISES-
6 x 3 Done on the most god awful, most uncomfortable piece of equipment made in the history of mankind, haha. First time doing these, really feeling it right now, but feels great.

Overall tonight was a solid workout. Kept moving, not too much rest in between movements and such, kept moving. Did let some anger go by talking some smack about 24 hour fitness and planet fitness. Apparently planet fitness has their "judgement free zone" and "lunk alarm." Apparently they limit the amount of weights you can use, if you grunt or get psyched up or lift heavy, someone sets off this lunk alarm and you have to stop? Holy crap that's hilarious. I almost want to go there to see if they'll even let me try the place out. Thinking of going in there with a beanie, at large shirt and some sweats, with my gym back, straps and belt. Think they'll let me in the door? Probably not is my guess. What the hell is wrong with people? You can't even work out hard anymore without some lazy jerkoff passing negative judgement on you. Oh well, I'll stop ranting since it has absolutely nothing to do with me or how I train. Thank God for hardcore gyms and hardcore training. Good session tonight, had a lot of fun with it.

chevelle2291
04-23-2010, 01:13 AM
THURSDAY NIGHT SESSION @ METROFLEX

-SQUATS-
BAR x 5
225 x 5
295 x 3 x 2 Freaking amazing! Man these suckers felt great. Not problemo at ALL!
255 x 3 x 3 Long pause at the bottom, at least 3 seconds each rep, really pushed me here but was awesome stuff.

-DEADLIFT-
Right to the heavy stuff, loved it!
395 x 2
285 x 3 x 6 Quick explosive reps, 70 seconds rest after each set.

-ATLAS STONES-
DAMN 270lb stone, my grip is awful even with athletic tape and spray on stickum. If you want good tacky don't use the spray bullcrap. It works alright for lighter stuff but the heavy stuff it still slips quite a bit. My tacky in the jar was on my door step after I got back from the gym though so hopefully Tuesday will be a different story.

150lb stone x 6 x 3 Each set done under a minute, averaged about 45 seconds a set with 60 second rest in between. These were fast hard and heavy towards the end. Really dug deep and kept moving. Each set started from the floor, then each rep afterwards done from the lap.

-GLUTE-HAM RAISES-
6 x 3 Done on the most god awful, most uncomfortable piece of equipment made in the history of mankind, haha. First time doing these, really feeling it right now, but feels great.

Overall tonight was a solid workout. Kept moving, not too much rest in between movements and such, kept moving. Did let some anger go by talking some smack about 24 hour fitness and planet fitness. Apparently planet fitness has their "judgement free zone" and "lunk alarm." Apparently they limit the amount of weights you can use, if you grunt or get psyched up or lift heavy, someone sets off this lunk alarm and you have to stop? Holy crap that's hilarious. I almost want to go there to see if they'll even let me try the place out. Thinking of going in there with a beanie, at large shirt and some sweats, with my gym back, straps and belt. Think they'll let me in the door? Probably not is my guess. What the hell is wrong with people? You can't even work out hard anymore without some lazy jerkoff passing negative judgement on you. Oh well, I'll stop ranting since it has absolutely nothing to do with me or how I train. Thank God for hardcore gyms and hardcore training. Good session tonight, had a lot of fun with it.

Solid workout. I usually do 4-5 loose (read: crap form) GHR before every workout. Seems to really get my hams and glutes (imagine that!!) warmed up and ready to work. Love 'em.

Yea, Planet Fitness sucks. Horrible, horrible gym. :ninja:

StLRPh
04-23-2010, 08:17 AM
I woke up with the most intense, painful stomach cramps I've ever had I think. I went to the bathroom, was not pretty. After waging war with the toilet and trashcan at the same time, I decided to take a nice long bath, soaking in some pepsum salt. I fell asleep there, woke up and felt a lot better. Went back to sleep for a few hours, now I feel pretty good. Stomach still hurts a bit, but it's not sharp killer pain like before.

Think of all the weight you probably lost :)

In all seriousness you're doing great work, keep it up.

Mark!
04-23-2010, 09:10 PM
-STUPID CRAZY COMPLEX CRAP PART 1-
*6 REPS, 3 SETS, 70 SECONDS REST BETWEEN SETS*
Dead Lift 135lbs
Bent Over Row 135lbs
Push Press 95lbs
Squat 95lbs
Good Mornings 95lbs
Leg Press 3PPS
ISO Lateral Row 2PPS (Probably overkill on the rows, I don't care this week)
Leg Curls 125lbs

-STUPID CRAZY COMPLEX CRAP PART DEUX(2)-
*6,5,4,3,2,1 REPS, 60 SECONDS IN BETWEEN SETS*
Dead Lift 135lbs
Bent Over Rows 135lbs
Push Press 95lbs
Squat 95lbs
Good Mornings 95lbs (Push press, squat, and good mornings done bam! bam! bam! Push press, throw it on my back for squats, then bang right to GM's.)
Leg Press 3PPS
ISO Lateral Row 2PPS
Leg Curls 125lbs
Bench Press 95lbs

PWO CARDIO THAT SUCKS AFTER DOING A STUPID COMPLEX...10 Minutes 7.0 incline 2.8 speed. I wanted to quit when I got to 3 minutes, pushed through and made it work. I know that when I want to quit, when my body says Mark, you're an ******* and I hate you, that is where it counts. That's when change occurs. When I finished up my body was shaking, out of breath, sore and hurting all over. I wanted to tap in to my deep rooted energy source, the kind that makes men from boys.

fixationdarknes
04-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Damn complexes look killer man. How long does each set and the whole session of complexes generally take?

And I'm glad you stuck it through with the pwo cardio. The mental strength alone to do that is something most people lack.