PDA

View Full Version : 2 and 3 board routines

bald bull
09-12-2009, 03:56 PM
I am new to this whole board press thing just got my 2 and 3 boards from EFS last night. Anyhow how much weight and reps should i be banging on these after my straight weight workout? My current(not best) max touch and go bench is 475 RAW. I am trainnig for a RAW push/pull in early Dec. any board cycles would be helpful please.

vdizenzo
09-12-2009, 07:25 PM
3-4 sets of anywhere from 5-10 reps. Go in one hand width from regular grip.

NickAus
09-12-2009, 07:31 PM
If I were to do use the boards after raw bench as you said I would go with the 3 board pinkies on the ring or closer and do sets of 3-5.
Good luck and nice raw bench!

bald bull
09-12-2009, 09:19 PM
what %age is good to work with dont know how much weight to use.

patos
09-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Personnally I use the board presses right after my normal benching. I use the weight that I intend to use the next week on full range, do it for 1 rep to "warm up", then do as many as I can, sometimes I stop at the number I want for next week (on full range). But I don't know, I guess it depends on your program, I like just doing one hard set and peaking from high reps to low. My bench is lower than yours, so take it for what it's worth.

vdizenzo
09-13-2009, 01:42 PM
what %age is good to work with dont know how much weight to use.

Only you know that. Keep stacking plates on and figure it out. This stuff is not that complicated.

robchris
09-13-2009, 03:56 PM
BB,
I agree w/ Vin... 5-10 rep range. Determine what you can handle go from there 3-5 sets.

BTW, Why 2-3 bds.? Is that your sticking point on the bench?

Based on your post your using them for accessory exercise after full ROM work right? If you use them as a ME exercise you can go a lot heavier than your full range weight... They are mainly for developing tricep lock-out strength & overcoming sticking points.

Just my 2-cent;RC

bald bull
09-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Thanx guys I really appreciate the help. I am a raw bencher and i was on EFS and they said 2 and 3 boards are tghe best type to use for raw benchers so i purchased them. i guess i will try to bang out like 405-455lbs for like reps of 5 or so maybe try for a 1 rm and go from there we shall see. I have to messa round with them

bald bull
09-23-2009, 05:33 PM
when doing board presses as a Raw lifter should i be pausing them or just banging em for reps?

NickAus
09-23-2009, 05:44 PM
when doing board presses as a Raw lifter should i be pausing them or just banging em for reps?

I would not pause them, just don't bounce off the boards too much.

robchris
09-23-2009, 08:10 PM
BB,

I pause all my reps but just for a second... Dont want to lose the stretch reflex.

Then again, Nick BP's more than I do, so give both a try.

NickAus
09-24-2009, 02:07 AM
Maybe one of the pros will give an opinion on pausing but I think some do and some don't, just like Rob said prob should just try both and see what works for you.
I just find it a little more fun with-out the pause lol.

Clifford Gillmore
09-24-2009, 04:05 AM
Maybe one of the pros will give an opinion on pausing but I think some do and some don't, just like Rob said prob should just try both and see what works for you.
I just find it a little more fun with-out the pause lol.

I don' REALLY know but I think as long as your not planking it (Bouncing the living **** out of it) whatever is cool, but if you just working lockout maybe planking it is OK. I've confused myself.