PDA

View Full Version : AAPF WI State Meet Video

mikesbench
09-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Bad day, but here's some video. I only made my openers, and it took me 2 tries on deadlift.

=9tsTKLjwjsI&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tsTKLjwjsI&feature=channel_page

Beverly McD.
09-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Sorry you didn't hit the numbers you wanted Mike. Still, you moved some good weight. Was that Dick Zenzen in the judges chair?

Chris Rodgers
09-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Even with just openers, thats a great total! Your bench and deadlift openers were both smoked! 606 and 584 were very close.

Guitar90
09-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Squat looked scary. I've never seen a squat dumped at that weight before.

On more positive terms though, for a ~200lb'er, those are monstrous lifts, dude. Absolutely monstrous.

mikesbench
09-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the support guys. Bevrly, yes, that was Dick Zenzen judging.

Basically I didn't even attempt anything that I haven't at least done in the gym, but things were just very "off" for me that day, I felt kinda rushed all day, as it was a very fast paced meet, and for some reason had some leg cramps that were bugging me.

All in all though I have a lot of work to do leading up to the next meet. Thinking of hitting UPA IL State meet next on Nov. 21st.

Beverly McD.
09-15-2009, 12:29 PM
It's tough to have lifts at a meet go as well as they did in the gym. Too many variables. The equipment, the food, the sleep etc. are all a little different.
Dick is good guy. I've judged with him a few times and he is a pleasure to work with.

Good luck on your next meet Mike. Your competition must be starting to sweat it already :D Even on an "off" day you're strong as heck.

mikesbench
09-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks Beverly. I've seen Dick and the Zenzen team at quite a few meets, great guys! I was basically gunning for 2000 at that meet, so I probably could have picked smarter attempts, but I really wanted to chase that total.

Beverly McD.
09-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks Beverly. I've seen Dick and the Zenzen team at quite a few meets, great guys! I was basically gunning for 2000 at that meet, so I probably could have picked smarter attempts, but I really wanted to chase that total.

Chasing a total is different from chasing a win. Both are good, but they're definitely different.
You'll never get it unless you put it on the bar. I tip my hat to you Mike.:)