PDA

View Full Version : Dietary suggestions needed: Need to lose 5-6lbs in two weeks.

Seabass
09-14-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm an amateur mixed martial arts fighter, in the process of dropping from 185lbs to 170lbs competition weight (6'0, strong but not especially lean--used to be really overweight). Right now, I'm walking around at 184lbs, and I need to weigh in at <171.0 on Oct. 2. I expect to be able to cut approximately 9-10 of that in the 36hrs prior to weigh ins, but I still need to lose a couple pounds in the next 2.5 weeks in order to make that weight.

Right now, breakfast is a bowl of special K cereal with 1% milk, a small glass of orange juice and a multivitamin.

Lunch is a banana and two balance bars, and dinner is something relatively light and sensible (under 700 calories typically).

I work out typically 4-5x per week for two hours. I'd estimate that I burn about 800-1100 calories during the workout, depending on what we do.

Any tips to help me make weight? :ninja:

crossfit
09-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Hay martial arts fighter I am interested to know you dietary log.

LuNa
09-15-2009, 03:39 AM
Seeing as you are already eating in a day what most people here are eating for breakfast i wouldnt suggest cutting your calories. However, to be sure, what is your total breakdown for the day.

You might want to increase your cardio instead of dropping calories.