PDA

View Full Version : Meal time

tryme
09-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Now I hear it's best to eat 6-7 meals a day (small ish in size) rather than 3 big meals and eat ****ty stuff inbetween. My problem is what else can you have for dinner other than chicken breast and beans and stuff like that? I hear pasta is good but what with? I really am stuck on meal times I find myself eating sausages mash and beans or waffles, beef burger and beans (i'm english guys hope you lot know what our waffles are lol)

and another thing, whens the best time for me to have my protein shake? pre or post work out? how long before/after?

Unreal
09-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Pre and post workout nutrition are important. Other then that you need to hit your daily macros. 1 meal or 10 meals doesn't matter. Protein shake can mean too many things.

Basically you need a solid diet/nutrition plan for your goals and to stick to it. Are you trying to gain weight? Lose it? I don't do shakes because they don't fit in my nutrition plan. I don't have carbs before or after my workout on most days. Why? Because that is what my diet plan sets out.

tryme
09-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Lose fat but gain weight in muscle. I have an all in one suppliment not just protein shake. I need somebody to really sit down and talk me through a good plan that suits me

Unreal
09-15-2009, 01:42 PM
What you need to do is read read and read some more. No one is going to hold your hand. There are TONS of articles on here about dieting, and good threads on how to setup a diet. Start reading the stickies and articles.

Everyone wants to lose fat and gain muscle, too bad your choices are normally one or the other. Pick which one is more important to you and focus on that.

tryme
09-16-2009, 07:42 AM
ok thanks for the help I know I need to read alot but wasn't sure on what articles but like you said i'll hit the stickys etc and see what the next step will be.

Holto
09-16-2009, 12:56 PM
ok thanks for the help I know I need to read alot but wasn't sure on what articles but like you said i'll hit the stickys etc and see what the next step will be.

Start with the sticky's and do searches here for specific questions. The sheer amount of data from old posts is crazy.

tryme
09-17-2009, 03:14 AM
yeah thanks man. Well atm i'm jogging 2-5 miles depending on how I feel etc with a sweatsuit on to help me lose a bit of weight. My weight lifting routine is this: (I'm using 25-30KG depending on the exercise)

Routine A
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Barbell curls 3x5

Routine B
Squat 3x5
Standing Barbell Overhead Press 3x5
Powerclean 5x3

Week 1:
Monday: Workout A
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: Workout B
Thursday: Off
Friday: Workout A
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Off

Week 2:
Monday: Workout B
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: Workout A
Thursday: Off
Friday: Workout B
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Off

Jboy
09-17-2009, 03:19 AM
Routine A
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Barbell curls 3x5 - replace with - Bench Press 3 x 5

Replace the curls with bench press. Curls are just an isolation movement whereas bench is a compound one, in other words you'll hit more muscles. If your worried about bi's add chin ups into your workout.

tryme
09-17-2009, 05:59 AM
I need to get a bench then asap. Thanks.

tryme
09-23-2009, 07:23 AM
I started up again properly today as I haven't been doing it consistantly since I came back from holiday last month. I have started on 20KG is that too pussy should I go higher? I can feel it working my legs quite a bit on the squats etc. But was wondering will that really be worth while doing?