PDA

View Full Version : AtLarge Nutrition Blowout Sale

Joe Black
09-15-2009, 02:43 PM
The AtLarge Nutrition Blowout Sale contains some incredible offers and EASILY some of the biggest discounts we have EVER given. You'll most likely NEVER see us run a sale like this again!

Take advantage of this one time offer and save BIG $$$ on Nitrean, Results, Nitor, and Maximus. Please do tell your friends too!

Got your attention?

For more information, go here - AtLarge Nutrition Blowout Sale (http://www.atlargenutrition.com/newsletter/091509.html)

jmccown
09-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Dangit I just ordered mine end of last week. Too late for coupon? I don't even have it yet, lol.

Brian Hopper
09-15-2009, 06:23 PM
I think i'm gonna be making my first order here soon!!!

johnnyo_99
09-15-2009, 07:12 PM
how's the strawberry taste?

vdizenzo
09-15-2009, 07:14 PM

I use to love mixing strawberry powders with cranberry juice. I'm gonna have to get me some strawberry Nitrean and try that.

Brian999
09-15-2009, 08:50 PM

that's all I've been buying since I tried Nitrean and I love it. Tastes great with water, and with milk!:drooling:

johnnyo_99
09-15-2009, 08:58 PM
I use to love mixing strawberry powders with cranberry juice. I'm gonna have to get me some strawberry Nitrean and try that.

cranberry? never would have thought of that

Travis Bell
09-16-2009, 03:17 AM
Dangit I just ordered mine end of last week. Too late for coupon? I don't even have it yet, lol.

You might want to just order some more to stock up a little. With these prices, it's certainly worth your money.

jmccown
09-16-2009, 06:07 AM
I agree. I got my RESULTS in late yesterday and that stuff tastes unreal. Seriously. I got the orange and it tastes like Hi-C or something. What makes the calories so high though? 320 calories in a serving on the RESULTS.

johnnyo_99
09-16-2009, 07:28 AM
I agree. I got my RESULTS in late yesterday and that stuff tastes unreal. Seriously. I got the orange and it tastes like Hi-C or something. What makes the calories so high though? 320 calories in a serving on the RESULTS.

correct me if i'm wrong but I think its the dextrose? 80g per serving

chris mason
09-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Yep, the dextrose.

allan3
09-17-2009, 07:02 AM
how long does this sale last???? i get paid in 2 weeks from 2morrow...

Clifford Gillmore
09-17-2009, 07:09 AM
how long does this sale last???? i get paid in 2 weeks from 2morrow...

I'm not the word on this, but I don't think it will last that long!

Lones Green
09-17-2009, 07:33 AM
I wish Results kept, I'd buy a few jugs for the future.

Travis Bell
09-17-2009, 07:41 AM
The majority of how long it'll keep depends more on where you keep it at.

I'm not saying it'll last a year or two LOL but I keep all my stuff down in the basement on shelves. My basement also has a dehumidifier. In the past I have kept stuff for about 3 months, opened it and it was good as new.

Some things that will help is to keep it in a cool, dry place where it's not in the sun

chris mason
09-17-2009, 07:44 AM
RESULTS will keep better with our next production run. We are taking some steps to ensure that.

In the meantime, if you have the room, keep it in your fridge, it makes a huge difference.

SilkyJ
09-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Once this summer I left my jug of RESULTS in my trunk for a weekend -- after that, parts of the powder were kinda clumpy. It didn't really affect the taste, so I just said f*** it, and drank it anyway.

But Im curious, is this likely to have affected the performance of RESULTS?

chris mason
09-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Once this summer I left my jug of RESULTS in my trunk for a weekend -- after that, parts of the powder were kinda clumpy. It didn't really affect the taste, so I just said f*** it, and drank it anyway.

But Im curious, is this likely to have affected the performance of RESULTS?

It would depend on the severity of the effect from the heat etc. With mild clumping I would guess not.

DGabe24
09-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Just seems so expensive to me. And I dont mean this with any ill-will, I love the site you run here and appreciate everything you guys do for powerlifting. It's just hard for me to justify $10/lb of protein :( Otherwise I'd love to support it, and buy pounds of it. If this is not the place feel free to delete this post. I do realize it is a high quality blend, I am just not sure if it is that much better while on a bulk to spend the extra $10-20 per 5lbs?

Tom Mutaffis
09-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Just seems so expensive to me. And I dont mean this with any ill-will, I love the site you run here and appreciate everything you guys do for powerlifting. It's just hard for me to justify $10/lb of protein :( Otherwise I'd love to support it, and buy pounds of it. If this is not the place feel free to delete this post. I do realize it is a high quality blend, I am just not sure if it is that much better while on a bulk to spend the extra $10-20 per 5lbs?

You would be hard pressed to find a high quality protein blend (mostly isolates) anywhere for $10/lb. Not to mention with AtLarge you have great flavoring systems and they use quality raw materials.

On another note, it sounds like you are using protein shakes as your primary source of nutrition right now. If you are looking to bulk then my advice would be to replace some of those shakes with whole foods. Typically whole foods do work better for putting on size unless you are drinking a lot of high quality MRP's. Lowering the number of shakes will also allow you to upgrade to a shake like Nitrean.

Remember that if you are drinking 80 grams of protein concentrate per day you are likely only getting about 60 grams of useable protein; but if you are drinking 80 grams of protein isolate per day you are getting 72-75 grams of useable protein. This is commonly overlooked when people shop based on price only.

DGabe24
09-17-2009, 11:23 AM
You would be hard pressed to find a high quality protein blend (mostly isolates) anywhere for $10/lb. Not to mention with AtLarge you have great flavoring systems and they use quality raw materials.

On another note, it sounds like you are using protein shakes as your primary source of nutrition right now. If you are looking to bulk then my advice would be to replace some of those shakes with whole foods. Typically whole foods do work better for putting on size unless you are drinking a lot of high quality MRP's. Lowering the number of shakes will also allow you to upgrade to a shake like Nitrean.

Remember that if you are drinking 80 grams of protein concentrate per day you are likely only getting about 60 grams of useable protein; but if you are drinking 80 grams of protein isolate per day you are getting 72-75 grams of useable protein. This is commonly overlooked when people shop based on price only.

Pretty big assumption there lol I only have 2-3 shakes a day...2 of which are post-workout and pre-bed which is Milk Protein Isolate.

Everything else is whole food, 50/30/20, 4200 cals, for now...will probably need to boost this pretty soon though.

It is also commonly overlooked that isolates lack a lot of the immune boosting subfractions that concentrates still have. So there's pros and cons of both my friend :)

Travis Bell
09-17-2009, 11:31 AM
The point though isn't a debate about concentrates vs. isolates. Rather it's the price of Nitrean that you initially argued.

The Nitrean protein blend is priced competively with equal other protein blends. With these prices it's even better.

I really believe you're hard pressed to find a better protein blend out there.

DGabe24
09-17-2009, 11:32 AM
The point though isn't a debate about concentrates vs. isolates. Rather it's the price of Nitrean that you initially argued.

The Nitrean protein blend is priced competively with equal other protein blends. With these prices it's even better.

I really believe you're hard pressed to find a better protein blend out there.

To be honest, you're probably right. I guess I'm just so used to searching for whey concentrate products only that I'm used to such cheaper prices per pound.

While I have some of you guys in here, what do you feel are the real benefits of a blend vs whey conc. as far as bulking goes?

chris mason
09-17-2009, 12:49 PM
For those looking to be more frugal, we are going to be releasing a whey only product IN ADDITION to Nitrean. I will be priced in accordance with other top brands like ON.

DGabe24
09-17-2009, 01:15 PM
For those looking to be more frugal, we are going to be releasing a whey only product IN ADDITION to Nitrean. I will be priced in accordance with other top brands like ON.

Sounds good.

Travis Bell
09-17-2009, 01:21 PM
While I have some of you guys in here, what do you feel are the real benefits of a blend vs whey conc. as far as bulking goes?

I like that the different proteins in the blend digest at different rates which I have felt helps me recover better.

The other benefit being digestion to be honest. I used to get really bloated from concentrate as well as things just moved a little bit quickly on it's way out LOL. Not real fun.

Sidior
09-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Awesome sale. I ordered 3 strawberry because the price was too damn irresistible.

DGabe24
09-17-2009, 03:24 PM
I like that the different proteins in the blend digest at different rates which I have felt helps me recover better.

The other benefit being digestion to be honest. I used to get really bloated from concentrate as well as things just moved a little bit quickly on it's way out LOL. Not real fun.

Yeah, I mean there's no denying the quality and taste of Nitrean. Like Chris said, for those of us who choose to be more "frugal..." ;) Theres WPC, however I will seriously consider the pros and cons of a blend vs wpc, and if I do indeed go for a blend...you can count on it that I'll choose Nitrean!

CleverName
09-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Strawberry Nitrean's taste is absolutely amazing... best flavor for a protein powder I've ever had. Highly recommend it. I'm a bit poor right now but this might be a good opportunity to buy it. :D

Also there's a typo on the page under the strawberry 4.6lbs:

"We've reduced Nitrean vanilla 4.6 lbs from $52.95 to $41.95, which equates to a SAVING of $11!"

Should be 'strawberry', not 'vanilla!'

MarcusWild
09-17-2009, 05:00 PM
I switched to Nitrean and Opticen. My gear fits tighter on my arms, legs, and hips but I've lost ~6 lbs. I'm getting leaner while gaining muscle mass. My theory is the blended proteins that digest at different rates are letting me actually process the protein vs. storing it as fat. I was using a purely whey isolate based product before.