PDA

View Full Version : Diet on 5x5 training.

Rob of Oz
09-16-2009, 06:34 PM
I am going to begin 5x5 training next week. I am used to training 5 days/week and this is only mon, wed and fri. Obviously, I want to eat clean on the days in between but do I eat the same amount or back off by say, 500 cals?

tom183
09-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Goals?

Rob of Oz
09-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Strength and size.
CURRENT: Bench 192.5 x5
Squat 275 x4
Deads 323 x5

GOAL: Bench 267 x5
Squat 319 x5
Deads 396 x5

I hope this is the response you were looking for. Cheers for any advice...

jtteg_x
09-17-2009, 02:22 AM
if your not worried too much about weight, I would still take in those 500 calories because it wouldn't hurt assuming your on a clean diet. If anything, its helping you achieve your goals faster rather than not eating those extra calories. What is your current and goal weight?

Holto
09-17-2009, 10:55 AM
It sounds like you need a nutrition plan.

mike mcgee
09-17-2009, 11:43 AM
I would continue to eat clean. If you are trying to bulk, add in some extra calories. Don't try to change your eating habits day by day, it'll make it too hard for you to stay on track. I do 5X5 training. I do it as part of my overall strength and conditioning program with the major focus being GPP. I eat the same everyday, trying to keep it clean with a cheat meal here and there. My strength gains have continued to rise. Some people think and I call it the "weight watchers mindset", that on the days you workout you can eat more because you burned more calories. Usually these people are not successful in their reaching their goals. Anyways, the one thing I'll add is that if you normally drink a protein shake for recovery, just skip that. That in it self is probably a few hundred calories, so if you are worried about extra calories on off days, that should do it for you.

Good luck, post your success in reaching your goals.