PDA

View Full Version : Slow Bulk Diet

XMadmanX
09-16-2009, 07:22 PM
I am 19 and around 18% BF, with an average metabolism. I want to gain around 10lbs of lean body mass while trying to keep fat gain to a minimum. I was eating around 4000+ calories, so far I have gained about 18-20lbs in the last 8 months, but have also gotten a bit fat. So what I'm asking is:
is 15 calories/lb of bodyweight enough for a slow bulk? keeping in mind I get in all macros.

cheers.

LuNa
09-16-2009, 08:33 PM
I am 19 and around 18% BF, with an average metabolism. I want to gain around 10lbs of lean body mass while trying to keep fat gain to a minimum. I was eating around 4000+ calories, so far I have gained about 18-20lbs in the last 8 months, but have also gotten a bit fat. So what I'm asking is:
is 15 calories/lb of bodyweight enough for a slow bulk? keeping in mind I get in all macros.

cheers.

200-300 calories above maintenance is enough for a slow bulk. The 15 you are using is arbitrary and does not take into account your specific body. Track your calories, see what your weight does for a week and find out your maintenance that way. That way you are sure you wont overshoot again.