PDA

View Full Version : It's My Turn

CantGetBig
09-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Well looks like I'm finally going to do this. I've been trying to get big for the last 4-5 years of my life, but this time it's gonna be different. I'm gonna be posting pics of my progress and I'm gonna be making myself accountable because I'm sick of letting myself down. I hope you guys can help me by giving me pointers, tips, suggestions and most of all encouragement.

Current Weight: 166lbs
Current Bench Max: 250lbs
Current Squat Max: 225lbs (a guess)
Current DL Max: No idea
OH Press? Never done it.
Supplements: Cytomax (during workout) and Whey Gold Standard (after workout)

You can obviously see that I've been working out the wrong way for a long time and I changed that starting today. I started the SS workout due to many suggestions. Here's my workout for the day.

Squat: 3x5 185lbs
Bench: 3x5 190lbs
DL: 1x5 205

Comments: Squat was probably the hardest out of the 3. Although, I feel like I can do more, I dont want to hurt myself seeing that I haven't lifted lower body in the past 4 years (haha?) Bench wasn't too bad, I decided to go lighter and try to keep form perfect because usually I bring my butt off the bench and I'm able to get a lot more pop from my chest, so hopefully this is gonna help me get into the habit. On DL I had absolutely not idea where to start, I probably could have done more, but I wasn't sure if I should go ahead and get used to the movements and get those muscles used to being used. Overall, I felt tired at the end of the workout, but my workouts are usually longer so I felt like I could do more so I just did some abs to get rid of some of that energy. Here are some pics of my tiny legs for you to laugh at. Hopefully I'll be able to shut you up with some progress pics in the future. Until then...

kornmong
09-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Hey man,

Whats your height and age? and hell whats your arm size?

I read your other thread about "just wanna get big" what they say is true, its sweet program it will make you very strong and given the right diet will make you way bigger, I got pretty strong off it and I only did it for 12 weeks but I had a sub-par diet and look pretty much the same as I did when I started...just heavier by 15lbs

You look lean as which is a sweet way to start a program like this cause you will really see the muscle gain when it comes if you stay lean through out but don't be afraid to get some fat on you

Good Luck

Thanks Cya

CantGetBig
09-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Hey man,

Thanks for info, the only problem I have with gaining a little fat is that I can't seem to eat enough haha. I ate around 3100 calories today and I'm stuffed to the gills. I'm not even sure how much I should be consuming. But I'm 22 yrs old and I'm 6'2 and i just measured my arms and they're 14.5". 15lbs in 12 weeks is pretty good man, congrats on that bro.

kornmong
09-17-2009, 01:46 AM
I planned out my day today for the first time to eat 3300 cals and I have 1300 to go which will be done but I know what you mean,

I have been so dam full and bloated all day, but it must be done aye, ive only just grasped the concept of eating tonnes a day and i don't like it but I want to get bigger and stronger so its got to be done

lol that 15lbs was a year ago, I lost that and have put it back on in the last few months, so hard gaining weight!

LuNa
09-17-2009, 03:00 AM
Nice looking journal you have here. Your pictures tell your story perfectly, your upper half looks pretty well trained, lower looks like it hasnt seen a gym in forever. SS will turn that around though. I have been on SS for five months, bulked three and i have been cutting for two now. I saw the biggest improvements in my back, legs and chest, exactly the places you need it.

Eating a lot is hard work. Everyone thinks its great to eat 4000+ cals a day, but when that is coming from clean food, it becomes really hard. It takes a bit of time to get used to, but you will probably not get rid of the uncomfortable feeling. Keep going though, once you see results you will want to work even harder.

Congratulations on listening to all the advice and starting SS. You are a million steps ahead of most people.

liferzach
09-17-2009, 04:51 AM
Glad you decided on SS, its a great program. My only advice is, if you think your squats were too hard the first time, maybe lower the weight 25lbs, and start with that. You will be able to work on form, and increasing the lbs 3x a week, you will run into a stall in no time if you start too heavy. Just my opinion, you know your body better than me. Good luck and I can't wait to see how strong you look in a few months.

Im gonna start back up after an injury (and some ****ty fat gain while on break) and will probably make a journal to track my progress.

CantGetBig
09-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm definitely taking it to heart. I did Workout B of SS today and my butt is freakin sore as hell, along with my quads and hamstrings. Nothin else seems too bad. But I did gain some weight, I'm pretty pumped about

Weight today: 171lbs (I'm already losing my abs :( )
Squat: 190lbs 3x5
Barbell OH Press: 95lbs 3x5
Powerclean: 135lbs

Pretty pumped about my weight, gained 5lbs since I started. Squat was pretty painful because I was so sore, but I did every rep as good as I could. I had no idea how much weight to do with my Barbell OH Press so I did 95lbs. It was pretty light but I could tell that I wasn't solid during my reps. I could probably do quite a bit more but I'm going to play it safe and keep going up about 5lbs each time and see how that goes. Powerclean wasn't too bad, again I could go up but I want to start slower so I can keep working up. I got a popping sensation in my left arm on the inside of my elbow every couple reps of powerclean and it hurt. But hopefully that will just go away.

Overall, I feel like I can be doing more weight because it's not as heavy as I usually lift, but I think what this program is about (workin up from lighter weights)

Lunalicious - thanks, and you're right once I saw that I gained some weight I'm wanting to eat haha. Hopefully I can keep it up.
liferzach - If you start a journal let me know, I'd love to keep up with you and your progress.

Until next time...

CantGetBig
09-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Weight: 167.5lbs
Squat:195 lbs
Bench: 195lbs
DL: 225lbs

Felt pretty weak today even though I went up in weight on everything. Coulda been psychological since I weighed myself before the workout...went from 171lbs to 167.5lbs, so I didn't really feel real pumped about that.

May start doing something more for chest because this doesn't seem like it's doing too much. I guess I just don't feel like I'm not doing enough lifts for chest. You guys have any input?