PDA

View Full Version : 9/17/09 ME Shirted Bench w/video

Brian Hopper
09-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Here is my 625 to a 1 board, I already did this weight to a 3 and a 2 board. This was also the first time I held that much weight in my hands. Not to mention this is our second time ever using boards with our shirts on. I was really happy that I was able to lock it out off the boards, but I did one without a board and I just couldnt lock it out.

625-2board
scpgTtbMHnw

625-1board
4OUhnjpFOVA

vdizenzo
09-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Your one board form looked much better than the two board. Nice work. Great job handling that weight for the first time.

allan3
09-19-2009, 02:36 PM
looks good to me. i bet you'll lock it out sooner then you think- being that now you are using the heavy weights.

Brian Hopper
09-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Your one board form looked much better than the two board. Nice work. Great job handling that weight for the first time.

Thanks Vin!!! I was a little nervous when I got the first hand off and was holding the weight, but I felt comfortable after that.

What did you see different with my form between both boards?

looks good to me. i bet you'll lock it out sooner then you think- being that now you are using the heavy weights.

Thanks Allan, when I tried it without the board about half way up I lost all my air, and I just couldn't manage it up. But this number is my goal number for my meet next month.

NickAus
09-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Well done!

Barbaccio
09-19-2009, 09:15 PM
What did you see different with my form between both boards?

Not sure what Vin saw but for one, your elbows. Might be the angle of the vid but on the 2-Board it looked like the bar got behind your elbows a little. Going to the one board the bar stayed perpendicular to your elbows and your drove the weight up and drifted back correctly. Nice job Tank!

Brian Hopper
09-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Not sure what Vin saw but for one, your elbows. Might be the angle of the vid but on the 2-Board it looked like the bar got behind your elbows a little. Going to the one board the bar stayed perpendicular to your elbows and your drove the weight up and drifted back correctly. Nice job Tank!

After watching the videos again, I think I see what your talking about with my elbows. The next time I'm in my shirt I will try and work on that. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!!!

Niko_El_Piko
09-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Extraordinary press. Donīt worry, that lockout is yours next time!!!
Keep up the good work!!!

Regards

Travis Bell
09-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I agree, the 1brd was much better. Looked like you touched too high on the 2brds, which like Tone said, put the bar behind your elbows.

Not a ton of leg drive, but you did keep your belly up nice and push into the bar. Nice work

gotorightway123
09-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Victory is reserved for those willing to pay it's price

Brian Hopper
09-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Extraordinary press. Donīt worry, that lockout is yours next time!!!
Keep up the good work!!!

Regards

Thanks, I'm hoping that if I handle it a couple more times before my meet I should get it.

Brian Hopper
09-24-2009, 10:53 AM
I agree, the 1brd was much better. Looked like you touched too high on the 2brds, which like Tone said, put the bar behind your elbows.

Not a ton of leg drive, but you did keep your belly up nice and push into the bar. Nice work

Thanks Travis, we are shirting up next week so I will try and correct it. I will definitely work on my leg drive also.

Brian Hopper
09-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Victory is reserved for those willing to pay it's price

I'm willing to pay the price so hopefully victory will be mine!!!