PDA

View Full Version : Whey Protein question?

Mr. Biffy
09-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Hey! I've started drinking Whey protein after my workout. Recently I noticed that the taste is getting to me. Barely finished the last one. Any tips on what to eat with it to make it bearable? I tried to eat a peanut butter sandwhich with my last one, but that just made it worse. Any suggestions? Thanks!

dynamo
09-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Hey! I've started drinking Whey protein after my workout. Recently I noticed that the taste is getting to me. Barely finished the last one. Any tips on what to eat with it to make it bearable? I tried to eat a peanut butter sandwhich with my last one, but that just made it worse. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Most of the time I just drink it to get the protein not to savor it so i just finish it off as fast as possible. If you've got the resources try mixing in fruit or just add the pb straight to the shake (I did this alot when I was bulking) or mix in Gatorade perhaps?

Mr. Biffy
09-19-2009, 04:14 PM
I tried that, but it was kind of nasty.

I like the PB idea! I'll try it! Thanks, man!

lilotaku
09-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Try adding it to Milk if possible and throwing in some PB. I guess you could always buy a better brand of protein powder. What kind are you using that tastes so bad?

Mr. Biffy
09-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Try adding it to Milk if possible and throwing in some PB. I guess you could always buy a better brand of protein powder. What kind are you using that tastes so bad?

I have been. Kind of like chocolate milk, just worse.

It's just the big container of Whey Protein, from Wal-mart. It's not terrible, just not very good. I think I'm just sensitive, ha ha.

gregory.rox
09-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Ah well thats why! Let me guess Body Fortress? I've tried that and omg it takes like total crap... I hated drinking it but i did to get in my extra protein but I gotta say, GNC's Pro Performance is better tasting and you will get better results than wal-mart's crap even tho its more expensive.

Off Road
09-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Nitrean is yummy.

cphafner
09-19-2009, 09:21 PM
What brand is it? There are plenty of good tasting protein powders out there.

bass slayer
09-20-2009, 08:39 AM
That bodyfortress protein is the worst stuff I have tried. I forced myself to drink it, but it sucked. You may want to try a different brand if you can afford it.

ZenFitness
09-22-2009, 09:45 PM
I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Natural Chocolate flavor. My wife, who hates anything like this or tasting like some kind of protein drink... actually loves it. Kids like it too.

To me, the stevia took a little getting used to b/c I don't drink sodas or anything like that (stevia has a mild aspartame taste to it even though it is 100% natural). Now I really like it.

I tried the Oats and Whey chocolate that is 100% natural too, and it is good... just no stevia. Cane juice and honey.

Another thought is to go to your local GNC or Vitamin Shoppe or whatever (I go to the latter) and ask for free samples to try different products. They often have them in the back.

earthbuddy1
09-24-2009, 08:38 AM
I buy the vanilla flavor EAS from sams club. Very affordable. Its ok to drink straight, but I like to mix strawberry and banana in it as well. Sometimes mix it with a little body fortress fruit punch creatine mix.