PDA

View Full Version : Metal King presser?

robchris
09-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Anybody tried this shirt out? It's IPF approved 1-ply...

I was thinking about giving it a ride but @ $200+ I was hoping someone could give me some feed-back before I invest that kind of $$$

Is the king material as stiff as they say it is? Stiffer than a super katana?

Thx.
RC

Brian Hopper
09-20-2009, 09:41 PM
I have never worn it before but if I were to get a single ply shirt it would be a super katana. Not to mention it's cheaper then the Metal. Just my .02!!!

robchris
09-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Tank,
I have a SK and it is a great shirt... However I heard some good things about the Metal and I'm always willing to try out new gear! thx. anyway though.

I know Vinnie's using a Metal Ace now, albeit it's multi-ply... I'll go to the "dark-side"(aka multi-ply) one day when I'm worthy!
RC

Brian Hopper
09-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah that Metal Ace is a double ply shirt and Vin said that it's cut like a denim, which is what I'm use to.

NickAus
09-21-2009, 02:43 AM
Hi Rob,

I had a Metal King Bencher (different cut) and I liked it but it was the only single ply I have ever used.
The material is hard and course.
From what I have heard you will get a lot more out of the Titan single ply shirts but the King shirts are easy to touch in if you just want a training shirt, I could touch with 330-350 the shirt was snug but not super tight as I never had it altered.

barbell01
09-21-2009, 08:54 AM
how much you can touch in a shirt dosen't say much about the shirt, i believe shawn lattimer could touch 405 in the same shirt be benched 900 in.....

robchris
09-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Nick,

Yeah that's what I gather... Metal 1-ply shirts are not so great, Metal multi-ply shirts are pretty good.