PDA

View Full Version : hilty003 Journal w/ pics, goals, routine

hilty003
09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Well a lil about me now. I'm 6' 1" and weigh about 168 lbs. I started lifting a few days a week about 2 weeks ago and havent been taking any supplements. Ive gained 4 lbs in these 2 weeks (used to weigh 164) and have been as much as I possibly can.

Starting this week I'll be strictly hitting the gym 4 days a week, probably an hour to an hour and a half each day.

Still working on a routine but definitely wanna add to my chest and traps.

Heres some pics I just took as a before. After pics will be updated in a few weeks. I'd like to get up around 180-190 as a short term goal and maybe be 190-200 as more of a long term weight.

Supplements I will be taking include:
GNC AMP Amplified Creatine 189 Pills (2 Daily, 1250mg Creatine Hydrocloride)
L-Glutamine Powder (Once Daily, 5mg)
Centrum Performance Multivitamin (Once Daily)
GNC AMP Amplified N.O. Loaded Powder (Once Daily before workout)
Omega 3 Fish Oil Pills (2 Daily, 1000mg per pill)

Im open to suggestions on anything. On to the pics...

BEFORE

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/hilty003/IMG_0858.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/hilty003/IMG_0860.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/hilty003/IMG_0861.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/hilty003/IMG_0862.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/hilty003/IMG_0863.jpg

hilty003
09-20-2009, 09:10 PM
pics delayed until i can reach a post count of 10

Unholy
09-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Hey buddy. It is great that you want to gain weight and get stronger. I would aim at adding no more than 1-1.5lbs a week. A natural trainee that is completely deconditioned can put on roughly 10-15lbs of true LBM in their first year of lifting and 4-6lbs thereafter. If you go much faster than that esp after the initial gain the first few weeks you are looking at potentially puttin on a lot of fat and being discouraged with your results. If you can successfully put on 15-20lbs in a year and stay the same BF% you will look very different than you do now.

hilty003
09-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Hey buddy. It is great that you want to gain weight and get stronger. I would aim at adding no more than 1-1.5lbs a week. A natural trainee that is completely deconditioned can put on roughly 10-15lbs of true LBM in their first year of lifting and 4-6lbs thereafter. If you go much faster than that esp after the initial gain the first few weeks you are looking at potentially puttin on a lot of fat and being discouraged with your results. If you can successfully put on 15-20lbs in a year and stay the same BF% you will look very different than you do now.

thanks for the info. i got the pics added. as you can see im defined to some degree (not as well as id like) and dont wanna lose that but i feel really thin. i think about 15lbs of lean muscle mass is exactly what im looking for and should be happy maintaining that once i get there.

Unholy
09-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Yea, remember not to limit yourself to your own goals. The iron game is addicting and once you get there you will be hungry for more. At your height you could easily be walking around 200+lbs @ 10% BF. It just might take a few years.

Insane
09-21-2009, 11:18 AM
i see you got a Thor tattoo.. u ride motocross or something?

hilty003
09-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Yea, remember not to limit yourself to your own goals. The iron game is addicting and once you get there you will be hungry for more. At your height you could easily be walking around 200+lbs @ 10% BF. It just might take a few years.

yea im sure long term i'll get like that. i love going to gym even now, it really feels like it clears my head so i definitely can see this being a long term thing. id love to walk around at 200 in a year or two and looking like this guy in the nitor ad at the top of the screen haha. thats really what im trying to do. i dont wanna be huge or be able to lift a ton, i just want a nice filled out body that proportional to my height and to be extremely cut.

i see you got a Thor tattoo.. u ride motocross or something?

yea more offroad stuff more than motocross. ive been riding since i was 8 and its been a big part of my life. i got outta racing when i started college due to time restraints but still love to ride for fun. wanted something to show my love for riding and a piston or a chain or something like that just didnt do it for me, too overdone to me. ive been riding thor for as long as i can remember, love the logo and the lifestyle those guys live so i got it. most ppl dont know what the tattoo is and its more of a pita to explain than i anticipated. its for me anyway tho lol

hilty003
09-30-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm looking for a little advice....

I've gained about 8 pounds in 2-3 weeks which i was thrilled about. I look a lil bigger and feel a lil bigger. I gained about half of this before I started the creatine so I know not all of it is water weight.

Problem is I seem to get sick almost everytime I eat a decent sized meal now. And I get sick with pretty bad cramps everytime I take my NO supplement before I lift, (I get sick about 10 mins after I take it). I usually work through it and lift anyway caz it does help me lift more weight/more reps but its a sucky trade off. Anything I can take to help my digestive track along? I feel like Im maybe a lil constipated and thats why I get sick when I eat....I haven't lost much appetite but I'm trying to get to the bottom of this asap.