PDA

View Full Version : Too much protein?

skinny99
09-22-2009, 03:35 PM
I searched and didn't really find the answer to this question :(
It is 5:30pm and I have reached my protein goal for the day.1g/per lb!
I way 260lbs so that is quite a bit of protien. I have had my morning shake of Nitrean and ate well today! I prob don't have to eat again and this is not a workout day,although I may go for a run and do some crunches. Normally I have a morning shake and an evening shake after my workout. The difference is that today I am at my minimum protien intake already,so do I drink my last shake at about 8pm like normal or skip it! Can I have to much protien? Thanks in Advance guys! Sorry for the long post:boring:

Clifford Gillmore
09-22-2009, 03:41 PM
It depends on what your goals are. Do you want to gain weight, are you trying to lose fat?

As long as you are getting in your numbers for the day I.e; Carbs/Pro/Fat/Total Cals, then the time you get your total calories in. I'm going to assume you want to gain weight? Your name is Skinny, so I'll roll with that. You've got in 260lbs of protein in, cool! Now, what else have you got into you today? How is your carbs/fat? Do you have a set out macro/diet plan?

jreed110
09-22-2009, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't have thought so, as long as you're drinking plenty of water. However, if I overdo my protein though it tends to go straight through me and so is of no use anyway!

skinny99
09-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Wow quick responses! My goals are 2500ish calories a day,20g of carbs and 1g/LB of protien! I want to lose fat mostly and at least keep my strength. Nitrean has only 3 carbs and I am only at 16 so I can fit it in! I just don't know if there are any benefits. Or I could eat a couple more boiled eggs but I am not hungry and will not be hungry later!

Clifford Gillmore
09-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Wow, waaaay to low carbs for your age. I hate to say it, but now is the time to train to put on mass and strength - not put your body into a calorie decifiet!! How much do you weigh, do you have some pictures to chuck up on here? I need to know a little bit more before I can really look at your situation.

skinny99
09-22-2009, 04:03 PM
I am a fat bastard! I am 5'10" 261lbs only been working out 4.5 months.
Here is my log!

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129295

Thank ya'll for the help!

Clifford Gillmore
09-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Errr, my apologies - when you said 'I'm at 16' thought you were refering to your age not your carb count! LOL!!

I think you may be actually on too little carbs, and too little carbs for the day. I'm at around 230-240 (Really various on my fluid level) and I try for around 3000 on non training days and 3500 on training days. Here is what I would advise.

Bump up your daily intake by around 300 cals for a few weeks, if you are still losing weight keep it around there.
Lower your cardio sessions; Try something like HIIT, Tabata, or some of GPP things in the GPP section - more fun, more effective
Get in more carbs. The accepted low carb day lowest carbs for someone in your state I believe to be around 80-100g, then increase it on your training days.

I'll try to keep tabs on your log, try and increase the carbs a little more than anything - its quite worrying!!

skinny99
09-22-2009, 04:34 PM
I just started tracking calories and protien. I know I will have to adjust as I go so I will. I may start using some Results and it has carbs in it! I have done the low carb deal before and it does make me skinnier. However I didn't train before so I am scared that I will not be as effective at losing fat if I don't keep the carbs really low.I will study up on the alternative cardio also. I usually only do cardio once a week anyhow! I have learned a lot as it is but I am always trying to learn more. I still haven't figured out if I should drink my shake tonight or not though? Also Skinny is a backwords name like calling the 6'8" guy Tiny!! LOL

Unreal
09-23-2009, 08:23 AM
If it fits in your calories then go ahead. Extra protein won't hurt. 1g is the minimum. As long as you control your calories your good.

skinny99
09-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks Unreal I went ahead and had a shake as it was in my carb and calorie day!