PDA

View Full Version : Rack dead high pins (rebuilt pelvis)

Daone
09-23-2009, 10:49 AM
This video was taken a year ago. My pelvis was rebuilt due to a car accident where I was wheelchair bound for almost 2 years.

This was after roughly about a year of training post surgery, I could not drop the pins any lower as my pelvis would be put in a dangerous position.

I worked on this till I got some strength up, I am now deadlifting (off the ground) 375lbs for 2.

My pelvis has recovered and I am slowly gaining back my strength as well as my size.

c306tDtN-Ts

Invain
09-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Not trying to take away from your lifts, and I understand you can't go any lower with the pins, but you really seem to be using leverage with your legs on the 585 pulls. Just something to think about, I used to do rackpulls fairly high and would push my knees under the bar but I felt like I was cheating myself. Once I dropped it lower and stopped using my legs I couldn't pull nearly as much.

Daone
09-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Not trying to take away from your lifts, and I understand you can't go any lower with the pins, but you really seem to be using leverage with your legs on the 585 pulls. Just something to think about, I used to do rackpulls fairly high and would push my knees under the bar but I felt like I was cheating myself. Once I dropped it lower and stopped using my legs I couldn't pull nearly as much.

Understood, and yes I used my legs A LOT :) I just wanted to work on my strength and secure my pelvis.

FYI the doctors told me I would never walk again.

d0rkyd00d
09-23-2009, 02:33 PM
All I have to say is great job. You are definitely an inspiration, and a display of what the human mind can accomplish!

Daone
09-23-2009, 02:47 PM
All I have to say is great job. You are definitely an inspiration, and a display of what the human mind can accomplish!

Thanks man, when the doc said I wouldn't walk again, I went through such a depression that I came close to taking my own life..

bald bull
09-23-2009, 04:10 PM
arent u supposed to use ur legs on rack pulls though somewhat for the initial drive and then your back kicks in? I dunno i just did mine today 2nd hole from bottom around knee level.

twm
09-23-2009, 05:00 PM
amazing progress in lifting again.. i cant imagine being wheelchair bound for years. in that capacity, awesome job. however, lol at the yelling and screaming though, is that really necessary?

Daone
09-23-2009, 07:29 PM
arent u supposed to use ur legs on rack pulls though somewhat for the initial drive and then your back kicks in? I dunno i just did mine today 2nd hole from bottom around knee level.

Well technically no, the reason you do rack deads is to eliminate the legs out of the equation. But with my pelvis being in the shape that it was in at the time I couldn't help but bring the legs into play.

amazing progress in lifting again.. i cant imagine being wheelchair bound for years. in that capacity, awesome job. however, lol at the yelling and screaming though, is that really necessary?

Yeah man, I am just crazy like that :)

Invain
09-23-2009, 07:43 PM
FYI the doctors told me I would never walk again.

Damn man that's amazing. Congrats on the recovery.

cphafner
09-23-2009, 10:19 PM
amazing story man. great lifting. keep at it

Daone
09-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Damn man that's amazing. Congrats on the recovery.

amazing story man. great lifting. keep at it

Thanks guys I am going in for what should be considered (God willing) my last surgery in Oct.

Southern Beast
09-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Awesome job, man! Congrats on defying the odds.

BULK_BOY
09-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Now that my friends, is Persistence! ;)

Chase Randall
10-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Congratulations on such great accomplishments so far. What's the next surgery going to be for? You looked fine! :eek:

NickAus
10-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Well done mate you never gave up and you can stand proud, some people would have made excuses but you just rolled with the punches. Good stuff!

As for using your legs you should be using everything you've got IMO.

Keep it up and you will be pulling 600!