PDA

View Full Version : ham strings and glutes

Darracq
09-23-2009, 12:29 PM
My hams and glutes have been sore for months, I have been playing softball all year, i have only deadlifted and squated maybe 2 times a month, low back has been killing me also. i feel like i just need to do some high reps or something, to get the soreness out. Any ideas, i have tried stiff leggs, pull thoughs, maybe i just need to stick with these and not deadlift for awhile, i really feel the hams pulling when deadlifting.

MarcusWild
09-23-2009, 01:06 PM
If you only train maybe twice a month, then your body is never going to get used to it. You probably always get that beginner soreness from each workout which lasts 1-2 weeks. I can't imagine softball having much impact on training or recovery.

Darracq
09-23-2009, 04:24 PM
If you only train maybe twice a month, then your body is never going to get used to it. You probably always get that beginner soreness from each workout which lasts 1-2 weeks. I can't imagine softball having much impact on training or recovery.

i can tell the difference between being sore from lifting and sore like i am now, maybe i am not warming up enough before running, and have some slight pulls in the muscles, I play competive softball, couple nights a week and tournys on the weekends, I might play 6 sometimes more games in a day. This is not work team softball lol. When i do get sore from squating it is usually gone in 3-4 days, this just never goes away.